Recumbent Trikes on the San Francisco Ferries?

  • Alfred B. Stansbury
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2006
      Having fallen on my bike one too many times, I'm switching from
      commuting by bike to commuting by recumbent trike. That involves
      getting the thing on and off the Harbor Bay Ferry.

      I'm wondering if anyone in this group has experience or advice to
      share about trike brands and styles that do or do not work on the ferries.

      I figure that delta type trikes could just be picked and rolled onto
      the boat on their back wheels. But I also hear they're inclined to be
      unstable, and stability is crucial for me. I can't pciture how I'd get
      a tadpole trike onto the boat, but maybe it's easier than I think.

      Does anybody in this group know form experience?

      Thanks.

      Stan Stansbury