Re: Napa Holiday Parade

  • dipseair
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
      Napa Holiday Parade photographs posted!

      Look in "Photos" for the Alblum "Napa Parade Nov. 2005" for
      photographs taken by Judi Marley. I can't remember some of the names,
      so maybe someone who knows all the people can enter the information
      under the photos.

      Russ (Greenspeed GTO pulling Santa's Sleigh)
    • Howard Gilbert
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
        Russ,
        Thanks for posting the photos.
        Here are the names. If you can post them that would be great.
        #3 John's toy story, #4 Ken's Vision, #5 Rick's home built,
        #6 top, left to Rt-Howard, Harris, John
        bottom, Left to Rt-Russ, Rick, Judi, Ken
        Thanks,
        Howard

      • debkami@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
           Attached is an information blurb and request for volunteers at the Albany Alternative Gift Fair next weekend.  If you're interested in volunteering, let me know, and I'll forward Jennfer's e-mail address off-line.

          Thanks!  DebKami

          Jennifer Russell is one of the coordinators for an alternative gift fair in Albany next weekend (12/10/05, 11am-3pm, Albany Senior Center (846 Masonic at Solano)).
          If you're not familiar with the concept, it's a festive community event designed to promote charitable giving and alternatives to consumerism during the holidays. At this fair, we'll have live music, tasty treats, and tables representing about a dozen local, national, and international charities to whom shoppers can make donations in honor of friends and family in lieu of/ addition to traditional gifts.
          It'll be a great event and I hope you all can make it-- for more information, please see our web site at http://www.geocities.com/altgiftsfair

          One of the international organizations that's participating cannot send a representative, and I'm looking to see if any of you cyclists might be interested in representing them for 2-4 hours during the fair to help raise funds for them. This group, the Institute for Transportation & Development Policy (ITDP), does a lot to promote sustainable transportation initiatives worldwide. For example, they have teamed up with Trek to provide low-cost bikes to health care workers in Africa, enabling them to see 2-3x more patients.

          If you can volunteer, this task entails reading up a little bit on ITDP's fine work, bringing a few bike-related props for the table to catch visitors' attention, and fielding questions about the organization (we can provide you with more information about the organization, and they have promised to send some literature as well). If you can donate a few hours of your time to help raise funds for ITDP, it would be greatly appreciated!