Re: (bc747) Dragon's Peril: The Return (Attn: Everyone involved prior)

    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
      Tokai sat waiting for Jade still. Valin, Shigana's father sat nearby
      as he watched some of the survivors of the dark char attacks. They
      had started gathering here since Helios' arrival. After they left to
      seek help more tys and their evos had begun to stay with him.

      Valin hefted a groud to his mouth and took in some of the wine he
      made when there was berries or grapes available. He hoped Helios
      would not over indulge with it once more on his return. He was hoping
      he truly sobered up and got himself back to his senses. For his
      daughter's sake he did. Though they tried to hide it he had a feeling
      Shigana was involved with the bull in some way.

      It was actually quiet for the moment. And his feathers sudden flared
      up as he felt something unusual in the air. He stood feeling
      something tingling about his skin making him feel there was something
      out of place.

      Walking about he stepped out along the lands used by the refugees. As
      he made his way along toward the summit of the hill he saw four
      figures coming toward them. His heart was lightened as he saw his
      daughter was with them. There was Helios and the oriental charizard
      Jade. The fourth he did not know but...from looks it might be a
      creature he only heard stories about.
    • CEPII
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
        ooc:its been about 20 mins since I first tried to post it, I'm gonna
        give this a retry.

        The afternoon had begun to fade as Clif glided around the surroundings
        of Tomb Mountain, his mind riddled and uneasy due to the constant hell
        he had to put himself through to give cover for the now-deceased
        Charlotte's siblings. Day in and day out the char would attempt to
        ambush a lone dark or two in order to give a focus area for the rest
        of the pack of darks. ~I am so damned lucky that I came out lookin'
        like this...I dunno what--~ his train of thought was interupted as he
        glided over a decent sized gathering of typhlosions.

        The black-scaled charizard continued gliding past the survivors, at
        that moment, he was incognito, acting as a normal dark would. Clif had
        enough reasoning left after his times looming around the mountain to
        avoid attracting any sort of possible attention to the gathering. He
        continued at his leisurely pace as he continued 'patrolling' parallel
        with the mountain, heading north. ~I'll check back there in a while,
        maybe when the sun begins to set...~ he sighed to himself, his
        curiosity to go figure out what was going on was just screaming at
        him, but luckily logic beat out curiosity this time.

        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
          Tokai saw the black char but said nothing to the rest. He remembered
          there had been a darkling one with Jade and her friends when he first
          met her. He snorted wondering what he was doing around here. He had
          only seen him briefly before when Jade had gone to help bury the elder
          dragon.

          He tapped his claws impatiently on the stone he sat upon. Jade and the
          rest should have been back a long time ago. He noticed Valin had
          wandered off somewhere. He stretched a bit trying to see where that old
          blaziken went to. He finally got to his feet and began to look about as
          well.

          "Father!" Shigana was waving wildly as they approached. She broke from
          the others as she went to see him.

          "Feels...strange to be back after all this time." Helios commented. He
          thought prehaps being close to where his mate perished might draw his
          heart back down into the stupidity he had been living in prior to
          leaving. Yet... he felt a strange sense of acceptance. The past was
          done and all he could do was watch out for the future.

          "I was wondering if we would ever get back." Jade's spirits seemed to
          lift as she thought of seeing Tokai again.

          "This land...has suffered so much. The pain of the living here...is
          powerful. I had no idea things were this bad but had the impression of
          evil touching here deeply." The gardevoir shivered slightly as she
          looked toward where the survivors were camped.

          "I saw... a place where there were many dead. Valin took me... made me
          understand what had happened here and what has to be done to ensure
          this does not continue." Helios shut his eyes trying to get the image o
          so many dead pokemon out of his mind. "It got me to take the first step
          in helping these people."

          "They need someone to lead them. Someone to look to for answers." The
          gardevior watched as Shigana greeted her father. "Yet even despite the
          horrors placed upon them... these people have hope still." She smiled
          softly at the others as she spoke.

          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
            <p10>

            Clif remained in the air for quite some time traveling north; he had
            decided to refrain from visiting the newcomers at least until sunset,
            skepticism had been putting doubt into his mind, causing him to
            question whether or not the group would be an actual fighting force
            against the demon that inhabited the mountain. To burn time, the
            charizard glided to the middle of the meadows hoping to find a meal,
            which had become quite scarce since the darks had arrived on the land.

            As the sun's setting began to take affect upon the surroundings, Clif
            spotted a dead rapidash, and, unfortunately, another dark charizard
            feasting upon it. Surprised, Clif grinned wickedly after he scanned
            the area and found no other nearby to interfere with Clif and his
            dinner, ~Ah, I haven't had a worthwhile fight in a long time, let's
            see if I can live through this one...~ During his long occupancy near
            the mountain, Clif's mind had slowly come to enjoying the blood and
            gore of a heated battle, sparked by the desire of revenge after his
            mate's life had been taken.

            The maroon colored charizard was sitting down, relaxing after he
            worked to catch his meal for the night. He turned as he heard a thud
            not too far away from his position, quickly spotting Clif's
            silhouette, quickly standing up to warn the newcomer, "You better
            scram if you know what's good for ya!" The maroon kept his eyes glued
            on Clif, knowing the black one's intentions from the moment he had
            arrived. As Clif kept his silence, the other charizard growled loudly
            to give him one last warning, "Since I'm in a good mood right now,
            I'll give you a count to three before I kill you where you stand..."

            "One..." Clif's eyes portrayed his lack of fear, much different from
            when he first had begun fighting the darks, coming off with a few
            lucky victories here and there, but rarely wanting to engage in combat.

            "Two..." Maroon thought he had heard the other chuckle, yet he held to
            his warning, his mind and body pumping adrenaline through his system,
            knowing a fight was on its way.

            "Three." The charizard took off at a fast speed for his kind, his legs
            pushing him in Clif's direction while at the same time taking off at
            an extremely low-altitude flight to build speed for his assault upon
            his aggravator. Drawing one set of claws back, the Maroon attacked
            with one of the most common attacks a charizard performs: slash.

            As his opponent closed the gap between the two, Clif was barely able
            to react, a dark charizard with such speed was uncommon, but not rare.
            Clif's assumption that this fight was going to be an easy victory
            quickly put him in a bad position. In order to not have his hide
            pierced by Maroon's sharp claws, he had to use both arms in order to
            stop the downward swing of his opponents arm. Unfortunately for Clif,
            his enemy didn't stop moving forward once he made contact, which
            resulted in a tackle that sent the two a few feet back and onto the
            floor with Maroon on top.

            "Heh, you're going to regret having challenged me!" Maroon boasted as
            he tried to force his other claw at Clif's throat, his position gave
            him an illusion of a guaranteed win. Luckily for the jet-black 'zard,
            Maroon was trying to kill him with his claws only, his ego getting in
            the way of disabling Clif with a face full of flames.

            Keeping silent, Clif took the chance to burn Maroon before he could do
            the same. The sudden burst of flames from Clif's maw caught Maroon off
            guard, the burning sensation engulfing his head, and in a streak of
            good fortune, Clif was able to even affect one of his opponent's eyes,
            resulting in Maroon's withdrawal of his left claw to his target's
            throat, covering the corresponding eye.

            Using his opportunity, Clif dug a shadow claw attack into his enemy's
            shoulder, and flipped Maroon and himself over so that he had the
            advantage now. With Maroon unable to fight back consistently with one
            eye suffering from the harmful flames, Clif held his hold in his
            opponent's shoulder, moving his claws whenever Maroon put up any
            resistance.

            Maroon accepted that he was in a place where he couldn't recover from,
            and since Clif appeared to be a comrade, he surrendered,
            "Okay...okay..." he panted, pain searing through his body since Clif
            had torn up his shoulder, "You win, take the food..." his voice
            portrayed his anger and disappointment.

            Clif's eyes narrowed, "Alright then, but what makes you think I'm
            going to let you live, huh?" he asked, forcing his claws further into
            Maroon, putting his weight onto the charizard's bone.

            Roaring in pain, Maroon struggled to break free of Clif's grip, but
            before he could yield any success, Clif used his claws to tear from
            Maroon's shoulder, to the center of his chest, and then finally to his
            jugular. Clif's front side was covered in blood almost instantly as
            the body made its transition from living to dead.

            Swiftly grabbing his prise, the blood-soaked charizard moved towards
            the nearby jungle to feast upon his stolen food without having to
            worry about any other darks who might have been drawn to the area by
            Maroon's roar.

            ~
            Once the black charizard had downed his meal, the sun began to provide
            the heavy orange tints of twilight that was the signal of the coming
            night. In order to make good time, Clif had taken off as quickly as he
            could, hoping that the group he had seen earlier hadn't been discovered.

            Recognizing the general area where he had first seen the group, Clif
            landed as subtilely as he could, and began his search for any sign of
            the others.

            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
              "Valin...start gathering up everyone." Helios sat with Shigana near him
              and Jade. "We have...things to discuss. Mainly... it's time we fought
              back."

              "Are.....are you serious? Are you going to take the risk of putting
              these people...these people who already barely survived and put them
              into possible threat of death once more?" Valin sighed and as his eyes
              met Helios' stare he saw that the bull had changed. There was something
              different about him and there was a sense that he wasn't thinking about
              himself for once.

              "We are already in trouble...those bastards could decide to come and
              finish us off at any moment... you know that just the same as I do."
              Helios folded his arms.

              "He has a point father. And he has been coming up with ideas how to
              help everyone since we left." Shigana added.

              "It... is possible that they might come back after us." Jade knew her
              time with them taught her all too well their habits.

              "I would hope things weren't so grim." Tokai said as he flew in.

              "Tokai." Jade grinned as she flapped her wings and lifted off to greet
              him.

              Helios made a face. He wasn't so trusting of the gold dragon. He still
              remembered the elder dragoness and her warnings. He had wondered for
              the longest time exactly "who" she was referring to when she said to
              not trust "him". Helios wondered if the him was Tokai. Then again TOkai
              claimed to be the elder's son and he did have gold scales like her. H
              wondered if he was just being bitter that Jade seemed to take a liking
              to the male of her kind. He snorted a little puff of smoke for a moment
              before he turned his attention away from them.

              > ~
              > Once the black charizard had downed his meal, the sun began to provide
              > the heavy orange tints of twilight that was the signal of the coming
              > night. In order to make good time, Clif had taken off as quickly as he
              > could, hoping that the group he had seen earlier hadn't been
              discovered.

              > Recognizing the general area where he had first seen the group, Clif
              > landed as subtilely as he could, and began his search for any sign of
              > the others.
            • CEPII
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 10, 2008
                Clif had been stumbling through the area for quite some time before he
                finally spotted Helios and the others further back. The charizard had
                looked up from watching his feet--quite tired of stumbling over any
                hidden obstacle in his way--and spotted the typhlosion just as he had
                turned away from the group he was with. Squinting as if to see better,
                the charizard couldn't quite make out whether or not he knew the
                typhlosion or not in the light of the setting sun.

                Keeping a leisurely pace, Clif approached the typhlosion from the
                side, not caring much about being seen. When within reach, the
                charizard placed a claw upon Helios' shoulder to get his attention and
                calmly said with a hint of confusion, "Yo..." he greeted, "my memory
                fails me to recall upon a name or even conformation of whether or not
                we've met before, but something tells me that I've run into you at a
                much earlier time than this." He didn't say anything more, the only
                action he took was removing his hand from Helios' shoulder as he
                awaited an answer.

                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 10, 2008
                  Helios snorted upon seeing it was Clif. He felt another one of his old
                  failures seep in. Lara had left him in the dark when she saw Clif. She
                  had lost her feelings toward him and she had done just about everything
                  she could to be near Clif.

                  "You should remember me..." Helios grunted as he bit down most of his
                  anger. He had to keep himself from making a remark on how he nearly
                  took his mate from him. "We fought the dark chars and all."

                  "Clif!" Jade landed near him and Helios. "Clif where have you been?"
                  She grinned as Tokai landed behind her.

                  > Keeping a leisurely pace, Clif approached the typhlosion from the
                  > side, not caring much about being seen. When within reach, the
                  > charizard placed a claw upon Helios' shoulder to get his attention and
                  > calmly said with a hint of confusion, "Yo..." he greeted, "my memory
                  > fails me to recall upon a name or even conformation of whether or not
                  > we've met before, but something tells me that I've run into you at a
                  > much earlier time than this." He didn't say anything more, the only
                  > action he took was removing his hand from Helios' shoulder as he
                  > awaited an answer.
                • CEPII
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 10, 2008
                    "Ah...I see, I think you're the one who found me right when my mate
                    died..." a solemn face and break in eye contact showed how vividly the
                    sight of his mate's corpse was in his mind. After a his sorrwoful
                    recall, the charizard reestablished eye-to-eye with Helios in order to
                    try to pull out a name of all his memories that were all but gone.

                    "Sorry about not remembering who you are, man, it's been quite a while
                    since I've seen a friendly face around here..." he looked up as Jade
                    made her appearance near the two, along with Tokai nearby. Clif shook
                    his head as he attempted to pull an identity for the female newcomer,
                    but all that came up was a vague familiarity, "I feel pretty bad that
                    you guys remember me but I don't remember you...it's been quite a
                    while. Yet..." he looked at Tokai, shaking his head, "somethin' tells
                    me that we haven't met yet...am I correct?"

                    Jumping back to Jade's question, he once again stared somewhere else,
                    but looked back as he began to talk, "I haven't gone anywhere these
                    past seasons...I've been using time to create distractions for my
                    mate's younger siblings so they could escape the area influenced by
                    the darks. Nothing but fighting, disguising, fighting and disguising
                    have been my life. I rarely remember anything between my mate's death
                    and now...everything is such a blur ever since my mind and body have
                    been working upon holding my sanity and health out here..." Clif's
                    statement could be proven by the way the jet-black charizard acted and
                    how his body was further toned than before Helios and Jade took-off.

                    "Um...now that we've apparently reunited, mind if I ask for a
                    refresher on what your names are?" once again he turned to Tokai, "And
                    it's nice to meet you."

                    ooc: who/what is Tokai?

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
                      "Yes...we helped bury her." Helios wasn't sure why Clif had such a
                      bad memory all of a sudden. Though it mattered little to him as he
                      glanced to see how Valin was progressing in rounding up survivors.

                      "You...don't remember us?" Jade looked over her shoulder at Helios
                      giving him an odd look.

                      Her face spoke of her feelings and made Helios wonder if this was
                      really Clif. After all the danger they went through together escaping
                      the dark chars to just be forgotten made Helios wonder too.

                      "Where are Arashi and Blaze?" Jade asked finally. She figured of all
                      of them they would remember her. She still had scars from her work to
                      escape with the girls.

                      "I've seen you but don't know you." Tokai answered as he relaxed
                      himself uon a stone near them. "I am Tokai."

                      "He is Helios! Killer of Atlas." A typholosion doe said as she sat
                      nearby watching the group.

                      "It's...quite true. I have long felt the power of what has been
                      happening in this place. The...suffering of the people of this
                      land.." The gradevior finally spoke. "The pain...drove me to find a
                      way to help." She sadly looked at Helios and the rest. "I felt the
                      loss of so many lives and yet I have no idea how I can help...
                      besides get Helios to clean up and realize what...is at stake here."

                      Jade said nothing as she still was unsure of the gradevior. She had
                      no idea why this creature felt she had to help. Jade cocked her head
                      trying to figure out her angle in all of this.

                      "Yeah... that's me..." Helios sighed and felt like his importance was
                      being over inflated. He was no one and he was only here to get even
                      with Behemoth for th most part fo the death of his mate. "This
                      is...Shigana. She joined us after we met her father. She...." He
                      didn't exactly know how to explain his whole relation with Shigana.
                      She really wasn't a mate yet of his in a committed sense.

                      "And that's Jade." Shigana grinned. She wasn't sure how to define
                      things between her and Helios either since her kind didn't settle
                      down with anyone. And she wasn't the brightest of them. "I'm a really
                      good friend of Helios! Nice to meet you!"

                      ooc: Tokai is an oriental charizard. He is gold in color with black
                      lacing on the edges of his scales.

                      > "Um...now that we've apparently reunited, mind if I ask for a
                      > refresher on what your names are?" once again he turned to
                      Tokai, "And
                      > it's nice to meet you."
                      >
                      > ooc: who/what is Tokai?
                    • CEPII
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
                        Clif nodded in response to Jade's question, still only unclear
                        memories remained of the two questioning him, "I'm sorry, but that's
                        correct. My confusion and lack of memory isn't exactly clear to me
                        either," his response was in a calm, smooth tone, his face showing
                        little facial expression, but occasionally it was there.

                        When Charlotte's sisters were brought up Clif sighed deeply as he
                        stared at the ground, "They're hopefully out of this hell
                        hole...they're the whole reason for my existence right now. I flew
                        them up north in order to give them some separation between myself and
                        them--I do not know how long it has been since--in order to provide
                        safe escape from the dark's territory. I couldn't fly them out
                        completely as I wanted to due to the multiple patrols that blocked my
                        possible paths out. I have been attacking lone or coupled darks that
                        have been patrolling the southern side of the mountain, and to my
                        fortune, concentration has dropped towards the north and increased in
                        the south. I don't know if they've escaped by now, but if I hadn't
                        taken any action, certainly we would have been found, captured and
                        possibly killed. The only reason for my living is the fact that I can
                        appear as one of them, not proving any threat until a fight breaks out."

                        After taking a moment to hope that Arashi and Blaze were fine, the
                        black charizard gave a respectful nod to Shigana and Tokai, "It's nice
                        to meet both of you too." Hhe gave Tokai a slightly confused look,
                        "We've encountered each other before?"

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 14, 2008
                          "It's a sad thing if all your life has become is just killing Clif."
                          Jade was beginning to wonder if Clif would remember them or how he was
                          before they left.

                          "We didn't exactly meet. I only saw you when everyone was getting ready
                          to go their seperate ways. And Jade and the ty went off to find
                          help..." Tokai looked to them. "I'm assumng they brought help."

                          "We...did....sorta....just not sure how a gradevior helps..." Shigana
                          said with her head cocked.

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 14, 2008
                            Clif shrugged in response to Jade's comment, "It was a change for the
                            better..." he began, his tone slightly aggressive, taking the
                            statement as criticism of his new lifestyle. His fists clenched in
                            agitation as he forced himself to calm down somewhat; having been
                            around very few allies, Clif's temper and belligerence were on a
                            short--yet quick to recover--fuse.

                            "At least for now I still believe that. I'd rather be tortured for the
                            rest of my life than allow the darks to get to Arashi and Blaze..."
                            even though he knew that he dwelled upon Charlotte's siblings as his
                            topic of discussion,--which he assumed seemed somewhat strange to the
                            others--the two charmeleon were the only two beings that mattered to
                            him in the past season or so.

                            Moving on to the only other subject that he knew well, Clif shifted
                            towards the reason why the group was assembling. "Tokai, Helios, can I
                            safely say that you are here in order to organize an attempt at
                            eliminating--or at least routing--the Amurai that resides in the
                            mountain?" he asked, voice somewhat rising in hope for a chance to cut
                            as many throats to take vengeance of his mate's death.

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 28, 2008
                              "For the better? The world is changing to much." Jade looked surprised
                              at him. He had changed and she was tired of how the world was becoming.
                              Everyone was so quick to kill. She had been around so much death as a
                              captive of Behemoth. "Haven't we all...been around death for too long?"

                              "The world is not changing...it is only focusing on it's darker aspects
                              and even now... We are moving toward more death. but... at the same
                              time... hope. Hope for a future for everyone here with less murder and
                              destruction." The gradevoir said as she looked at Jade and then to the
                              others. She watched as Jade made her way over to Shigana and Valin as
                              he gathered the survivors.

                              "Me? Don't look at me. I'm here to get a mate not lead the rebellion!"
                              Tokai curled himself up on a boulder while smiling. "You two can go get
                              yourselves killed I'm going to worry about other things."

                              "Lazy bastard." Helios snorted. He really disliked Tokai and didn't
                              know why Jade saw something in him. He wished for once he would slip
                              and act this way right in front of Jade. He grit his teeth wanting to
                              teach the golden dragon a lesson. "I am. I am here to start getting
                              these people to fight back. It's time they learned this shit isn't
                              going away by just hoping it does."

                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 28, 2008
                                Nodding for a response to Jade, only after the others had finished
                                speaking, "Death...it has been a part of my life for far too long.
                                From my mother's when I was early hatched to my mate's recently. When
                                one has found his or herself in such a predicament as we all are in,
                                we generally do one of three things..."

                                The charizard motioned at Tokai, "We avoid it," his eyes were critical
                                of the golden charizard, yet understood his choice. Previous mental
                                'chats' with himself almost convinced him to simply do just that,
                                especially after the invasion at Charlock Mountain.

                                "Or...we fight back," Clif motioned to himself, Helios and Shigana,
                                "which is divided into two different choices. We either fight to
                                finally end our pain and pass on, or we can be rewarded with the
                                satisfaction that the fear, and constant stress has been relieved from
                                our shoulders." His comment ended with somewhat a dark smile, his
                                attention moving back to Tokai, "You, I have nothing against your
                                choice, but just to let you know--and this is coming from personal
                                experience--if you plan to find a mate, the find her quick." The
                                charizard moved over to the resting dragon, "If you take it too slow
                                you'll end up only having a few true moments of tranquility and
                                happiness. This horde of darks has been around for quite some time and
                                they're quickly expanding."

                                Clif broke eye-contact with him to stare at some distant target,
                                "After this rebellion--if it happens soon--there will be fewer to hold
                                off the power of the Amurai's corruption. Those similar to you will
                                eventually make up the last population to either join the fight or
                                succumb to their numbers...so, like I said earlier, make your decision
                                quick. 'Cause he's right," nodding towards Helios, "this shit ain't
                                gonna disappear on its own in your lifetime," he gave a dark laugh at
                                Tokai's attitude, "Although I do wish you luck, you're gonna need it!"

                                The black charizard looked back towards Helios, "Your name is Helios,
                                right?" he gave a questioning look for a moment, but continued on
                                whether or not he was right, "They've been quite a fuckin' bit about
                                you in and around the mountain! You seem to be notorious around here.
                                Mind to fill me in?"

                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 30, 2008
                                  "Why get myself in this mess when there are so many already prepared to
                                  help? Why risk my future if someone else is willing to throw their own
                                  away?" Tokai shrugged. He looked toward Jade as she spoke with the
                                  others. Why put s much risk when he could be enjoying other things? He
                                  thought to himself.

                                  Helios knotted a fist and was ready to knock the golden char right off
                                  that stone at that moment. But the gradevoir held her hand over his
                                  fist and gently she shook her head.

                                  "So how many are going to get themselves against these chars? I've seen
                                  them kill plenty of other pokemon." Tokai turned his attention back to
                                  the ty and Clif.

                                  "Yes...Helios..." He was starting to wonder who he really wanted to hit
                                  now! He still wanted to hit Clif over hard feelings of how Lara was
                                  atracted to CLif before her death. And now having to tell Clif his name
                                  every five minutes was really wearing on his patience. "We went into
                                  the mountain and I killed Atlas. We escaped but the girls, Jade and
                                  Lara got caught behind. They killed my mate and Jade rescued the girls."

                                  "There is much to do. Please we should really get started and if ay
                                  don't wish to share in the risk they should be left alone to their own
                                  wills." The gradevoir looked to Helios then Clif.

                                  "She's right...we do have a lot of work ahead of us." Helios rubbed his
                                  temples trying to push down his anger.

                                  > quick. 'Cause he's right," nodding towards Helios, "this shit ain't
                                  > gonna disappear on its own in your lifetime," he gave a dark laugh at
                                  > Tokai's attitude, "Although I do wish you luck, you're gonna need it!"
                                  >
                                  > The black charizard looked back towards Helios, "Your name is Helios,
                                  > right?" he gave a questioning look for a moment, but continued on
                                  > whether or not he was right, "They've been quite a fuckin' bit about
                                  > you in and around the mountain! You seem to be notorious around here.
                                  > Mind to fill me in?"
                                • CEPII
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Aug 3, 2008
                                    "It's your misery if we fuck up, they'll most likely kill us in
                                    combat," Clif replied to Tokai with a smirk. Being in the shadows of
                                    the darks taught the charizard to be more of a realist, his mind
                                    rewired in order to be blunt quite often instead of avoiding anything
                                    that would sound harsh or mean.

                                    "I'd say not too many will help out, I hate being pessimistic but
                                    that's how most beings are. We'd really have to scout for some good
                                    help before we have any reasonable chance of taking this force down.
                                    Hopefully they've been scattering over time so there's fewer remaining
                                    in the mountain now," he replied to Tokai's question with a somewhat
                                    lost look; his eyes were focused upon a point deep within the jungle.

                                    Simultaneously, the charizard's memory had been jogged somewhat at the
                                    mention of the encounter with the girls in the mountain, "I-I think I
                                    remember a part of it...it's not exactly the best recall of the event
                                    but--all I remember is falling into an abyss just after taking one
                                    quick glance at them. Does that sound like something that happened
                                    around that time?" he asked, his face showing his slight confusion.

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Aug 13, 2008
                                      "Well if things go so bad I would just grab Jade and get out of here
                                      before anything happens. I mean if you guys fuck it up news would
                                      travel fast about it." Tokai shrugged and laughed as he coiled about
                                      the stone he laid upon. "It's a beggar's life that sometimes keeps
                                      some people alive and the hero's path that gets others killed."

                                      "I believe these people will surprise you. There are many here with
                                      pained hearts. Many who have lost loved ones in this matter and seek
                                      justice. Revenge.... drives some as well. In the end... You might
                                      find enough to at least have a reasonable chance against the dark
                                      ones." The gradevoir pointed out.

                                      "That was...my fault." Helios got quiet suddenly. A lot of what
                                      happened to Lara was his fault. His attempt to save everyone left the
                                      girls and Lara at the mercy of the dark chars.

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Aug 14, 2008
                                        Clif nodded in response to Tokai, "The sooner the better. Even if we
                                        do win here, they have other places where they've concentrated their
                                        population. They'll be upon us in no time if we don't end every last
                                        one here. Your decision time runs thinner and thinner as we speak, so
                                        just make up your mind and act upon it." He wasn't exactly annoyed
                                        with Tokai, but the lack of what seemed to be common sense and
                                        knowledge of the situation was making him question why the golden
                                        'zard was still here.

                                        Grinning at the gardevoir's optimism about finding able-bodied souls
                                        who were willing to fight, Clif replied, "Alright then, we'd better
                                        sift through those who wish to fight and those who wish to flee, we're
                                        going to be discovered sooner or later, time for them to run is
                                        closing!" To himself he chuckled, questioning how many would be caught
                                        up in the fight unwillingly if they had decided to just procrastinate
                                        their departure.

                                        Turning back to Helios, Clif placed a hand upon the ty, "Your sadness
                                        must be forgotten for now in order to keep your head clear for the
                                        possible upcoming fight, we are in the shadow of our enemies. Once
                                        we're safe, then let your sorrow come out," although he didn't sound
                                        like it, the char was making an attempt to portray himself with
                                        sympathy towards Helios, the pain of the loss of his mate still taking
                                        a toll upon his heart.

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Aug 19, 2008
                                          "I would have long left but... this is where Jade wants to be...
                                          Females... they can never tell what's best for them now can they?"
                                          Tokai laughed as he looked at Clif. He shook his frame with another
                                          uproar as he curled about the rock some more. "I mean come on? I
                                          wouldn't be here if I was a female... not after all the talk of what
                                          those chars do to hens around these parts. They can be stupid and
                                          that's why they need us."

                                          Helios was having trouble sitting there and listening to Tokai. He
                                          could tell Sora was upset with Tokai's words. He would have taken a
                                          swipe at him if it wasn't for the fact that he knew voilence would
                                          only further upset the gradevior.

                                          "Sounds about right. We should get on that." Helios swallowed down
                                          the last of his anger in order to speak with Clif.

                                          "No... my sadness sharpens me. Makes me remember what I am fighting
                                          for and what I don't want others to go through." Helios straightened
                                          up as he looked over the survivors.

                                          "His anger is the stronger emotion guiding him." SOra said hoping he
                                          would not be so careless as he had been before they met.

                                          > Turning back to Helios, Clif placed a hand upon the ty, "Your
                                          sadness
                                          > must be forgotten for now in order to keep your head clear for the
                                          > possible upcoming fight, we are in the shadow of our enemies. Once
                                          > we're safe, then let your sorrow come out," although he didn't sound
                                          > like it, the char was making an attempt to portray himself with
                                          > sympathy towards Helios, the pain of the loss of his mate still
                                          taking
                                          > a toll upon his heart.
                                        • CEPII
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Aug 19, 2008
                                            "She has some courage remaining out here..." subconsciously he was
                                            nudged in the direction that Jade had much more of a past involvement
                                            than what she appeared to have at the moment--of course he had no idea
                                            why he'd be pondering upon Jade's past, but after only a short pause
                                            the 'zard resumed, "I gotta say its quite entertaining how your
                                            desired mate wants to stay and you want to go. Wanting to remain here
                                            might not be stupidity, your view might need to be looked over," Clif
                                            didn't show his discontent with how Tokai was referring to Jade and
                                            other femms.

                                            "What do you mean us? You're the one that sounds like you're ready to
                                            take off and leave if any trouble comes our way!" he gave a grin
                                            accompanied with a chuckle, "I'd say that if she felt safe leaving
                                            with you then she'd have done it when you asked, don't 'cha think? A
                                            little proving yourself might be in order for you to get outta this
                                            hell-hole with her."

                                            Turning his attention back to Helios and Sora, "Hate to go against you
                                            but sorrow rarely will help fuel a fight alone. After letting myself
                                            breakdown here for our time apart--" he did remember Jade mentioning
                                            that they did have some time together before they left, "--sorrow
                                            turned into rage, and with time and many scars it turned into a stable
                                            desire for retribution. I'm just lucky to not have been ended,
                                            although I've been really close a few times."

                                            "If you can keep your sanity while anger floods through your mind then
                                            you'll make a great fighter, the only thing that stands in your way is
                                            yourself, how long your mind will keep your anger at bay and how
                                            swiftly you'll be able to use it," Clif added calmly. "Kinda get what
                                            I'm saying? Or do I not make any sense to you whatsoever?" he chuckled
                                            as he tried to recall and attempt to make sense of what he just said.
                                            "Having talked to other darks keeps your sanity sometimes around here,
                                            they're quite social when you find common ground with them," the 'zard
                                            was surprised as to how most of the darks were quite loyal to their
                                            leader but a good population surprised him even more when they proved
                                            themselves to not be as crazed as he thought them to be.

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Sep 12 7:51 PM
                                              "Stupidity is staying here when you could fuckin leave and live. Now
                                              convincing her that is one thing to say but actually getting it
                                              through a fmale's head is another about how wrong she is...is well
                                              something entirely different!" Tokai snorted and scratched behind his
                                              ear for a moment. "You know her better....the both of you. You could
                                              tell her to just leave with me."

                                              "She thinks she can help...stupid huh? A female help in this mess?"
                                              tokai laughed and shook his head. "That is the real problem. You can
                                              convince her that stayong here is pointless! that she can't
                                              contribute anything and that she is better off leaving with me."

                                              "I don't think anyone is safe travelling with him." Sora turned
                                              toward the gold dragon. "There are things...he is hiding...He even
                                              tries to hide something now from me...his emotions are mixed...and
                                              mostly...selfish." The gardevior stepped closer to Helios as she
                                              spoke. Partly fearful of Tokai and disgusted by him.

                                              "I'm lucky...I didn't destroy myself carrying on like I did...before
                                              I left. The drunkeness...the mindless apathy to all around me..."
                                              Helios sighed. "And now...I've been focused."

                                              His paw soared for a moment before it crashed down on Tokai's nose.
                                              He snarled low.

                                              "And you talk about Jade like that again I'll do worse! Leave her
                                              alone while your at it!" Helios pulled in close to him. "You go and
                                              cry to her I hit you I'll fuck you over."

                                              "You bastard..." Tokai held his nose as he tried to get the bleeding
                                              to stop. "I'll do whatever I want! You bastard..."

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Sep 13 10:52 PM
                                                "Your definition and my definition of stupidity are on opposite ends
                                                of the spectrum, Tokai. Do you really want to live possibly one day
                                                longer and be hunted down like the coward you're proving yourself to
                                                be?" Clif chuckled, "C'mon, dying now would be much better than dying
                                                by yourself! Think about this..." the 'zard rolled his wrist as he
                                                looked upward for a moment, "let's say with some streak of luck you
                                                make it out of here without even engaging in any kind of fight. You'll
                                                eventually find some sort of colony of our belligerent brethren
                                                that'll accept you into their ranks--if you're lucky. Simultaneously,
                                                we--" making a motion to himself, Helios and Sora--"have all died in
                                                our cause to obtain retribution upon the darks," his countenance
                                                retaining a toothy grin as he described the grim forecast.

                                                "And you, being the weakling that you are, decide to flee your new
                                                friends--no, meat shields--in hopes of better days. Your mentality
                                                will eventually lead you to become alone without others to stand by in
                                                times of darkness," Clif's eyes somewhat lit up as he imagined the
                                                demise of the golden scaled charizard. "Your death--only if everything
                                                falls into place--would be much more painful if the darks found you
                                                all alone. With their victim outnumbered, they'd gladly torture you
                                                until you'd wish until your body would just give up--in comparison,
                                                with our attack force large enough to prove some threat, most of us
                                                would be disposed of quickly...a short time to endure pain before we
                                                finally passed from these bodies."

                                                Taking a few steps towards Tokai, Clif cocked his head to one side,
                                                looking at his golden counterpart, "Now, would you rather die all
                                                alone or would you rather die with friends?" he asked, all still a
                                                grin upon his face.

                                                Continuing, Clif straightened up and gave a shrug, "Now, I'm not going
                                                to try to convince you to--" he Helios take his move against the
                                                charizard, "--Oh ho ho!" he laughed, cutting himself off as he was
                                                entertained by the sudden strike. "By the way you took that blow, it
                                                seems like you can't do shit! C'mon, you aren't proving yourself to be
                                                the belligerent and battle-ready aggressors our species has been known
                                                to be! With a reaction-time like that you'll never make it out of here
                                                even if you wanted to!" he cackled, eyes gleaming showing his delight
                                                in the golden's frustration.