Re: {ax747--west of Cheppa} A dying world...

  • Marius Peregrine
    Message 1 of 35 , May 1, 2008
      > "Nuffin tuh do but move on'n hope one o' the seeds o' the great
      > guardian tree Asfexmyw will grow," said Nargle. "Year affer' year
      > we be plantin' the seeds o' the great Tree an' year affer' year
      > nuffin' grows."

      Shanti had recovered from her blue funk, and now she spoke
      forthrightly. "Seeds take time," she said; "I'm sure you know that
      already, better than I do, but sometimes it helps to say it. We have
      trees where I come from. They're not very big; the winds are harsh,
      and the rocks don't feed them much. The old ones might be only a
      little taller than I am, and it takes them a few hundred years to get
      that way.

      "Now, a Tree that's been growing since the beginning of time...how
      long would it take for even the seed to hatch? A year, a decade?
      Maybe someone could go check the seeds you've planted already. Maybe
      they haven't sprouted yet, but maybe they have and they're still too
      small to tell.

      "But whether or not anything's come of them, it's going to be a long
      while before all these little ones will be able to make their homes
      in a Guardian Tree. What will you do in the meantime...?"

      = = =
      Marius the Wanderer: Roleplayer, Storyteller and Citizen of Rome
    • alyssa
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 7, 2008
        > But, of course, their mission was urgent; it was hardly the time to be
        > househunting. Shanti turned back towards the entrance and made her
        > way up to the front of the line. "Ready when you are," she said.

        "Then yurr' ready now!" Cornolio went on ahead, taking the lead as
        usual, although it was not really the lead since they all knew where
        they were going and he wouldn't get that far ahead of Nargle and the
        rest.