Rex's search for Spike

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2006
      Rex flew east for 3 miles then north for a 1/5 a mile and then west
      for 3 miles, then north for a 1/5 then east 3, and so on. He knew
      even with his night vision it was almost impossible to spot the
      sandslash at night. Rex was growing hungry quickly, but what he did
      notice was a small flame.

      Rex dove at the flame's source silently, as he skimmed over the
      grass he could feel the tips of his wings brush the grass. Reaching
      the flame's source Rex grabbed a sleeping ponyta in his talons and
      flew up into the sky with it. It immediately woke up and struggled
      crying out.

      Rex did a flip and dove for the ground and released the ponyta from
      his grip making it rocket towards the ground. It landed with a thud
      and a crunch. Rex landed next to it and proceeded to tearing it
      apart in his hunger. Having finished it he took back to the sky to
      continue his search.

      Rex continued to hold his flight pattern. He knew this must seem a
      large deed for one he just met, but Rex was very strong in his
      loyalties to those he considered friends, and was used to carrying
      out his missions for the mob at no matter the cost.
    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2006
        --- In Realm_light@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" <ancalagon700@...>
        wrote:

        > Rex flew east for 3 miles then north for a 1/5 a mile and then
        west
        > for 3 miles, then north for a 1/5 then east 3, and so on. He knew
        > even with his night vision it was almost impossible to spot the
        > sandslash at night. Rex was growing hungry quickly, but what he did
        > notice was a small flame.
        >
        > Rex dove at the flame's source silently, as he skimmed over the
        > grass he could feel the tips of his wings brush the grass. Reaching
        > the flame's source Rex grabbed a sleeping ponyta in his talons and
        > flew up into the sky with it. It immediately woke up and struggled
        > crying out.
        >
        > Rex did a flip and dove for the ground and released the ponyta from
        > his grip making it rocket towards the ground. It landed with a thud
        > and a crunch. Rex landed next to it and proceeded to tearing it
        > apart in his hunger. Having finished it he took back to the sky to
        > continue his search.
        >
        > Rex continued to hold his flight pattern. He knew this must seem a
        > large deed for one he just met, but Rex was very strong in his
        > loyalties to those he considered friends, and was used to carrying
        > out his missions for the mob at no matter the cost.

        Rex could feel his wings stiffen a little as he glided all over the
        north of Sugar Glade. He had never actually flown for more than a
        couple hours and he was only told by Drake that aerodactyls could fly
        for days. He began to suspect his larger than normal size and
        increased weight would restrict him to a day of flight at most. Rex
        landed in a small clearing to wait for the dawn.
      • Stephen
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2006
          A giant aerodactyl lay in a small clearing It lay curled around
          itself with its grey wings folded on his arms and side and with its
          devil point tail lying in front of his nose as its large head rested
          on the ground. Rex watched the tip of his tail twitch back and forth
          as he was lost in thought unable to sleep.

          He wondered what it would be like to have a ball of light on the end
          of his tail. "Why am I alone in the world, why am I an aerodactyl?
          Why not an ampharos?" thought Rex.

          Rex took some comfort in having friends now, but he could still not
          help but to feel alone as he found himself longing for a mate, not
          for pleasure, but to belong to someone who belonged to him. He
          closed his eyes trying to think what a female would look like.

          He could see a faint image of an aerodactyl in his mind, which
          became clearer as he gave it characteristics. "She would be smaller
          than myself, perhaps half my size since I am a giant. Blue eyes. No.
          Sea green eyes, that's better." Rex smiled to himself.

          "You'd have a slender snout and jaws, I guess shorter horns. Thin
          but strong frame, A loooong tail." Rex smiled again imagining his
          fantasy mate. Rex's smile faded as he stared at the tip of his spear
          head shaped tail. "And you would not be afraid of me."

          Rex found himself wishing he was someone else, even those who he
          called friends still held a small twinge of fear of him. "Especially
          Tawnie" Rex said with a sigh. "Maybe one day she will trust me." The
          female aerodactyl he imagined faded. Rex blinked suddenly
          remembering Wiki was with children.

          "They could be born soon" he said aloud. Rex really wanted to see
          them but the thought of upsetting Tawnie with his mere presence
          scared him, because if he did Maelstrom might just wish to never see
          him again. He laughed softly to himself realizing the irony. "I'm
          more afraid of you than you are of me Tawnie."

          His thoughts turned back to Wiki. "She is the kindest, most gentle
          person I have ever met." Rex felt a realization slowly creep into
          him, but he had always known it since she saved him. "I love her."
          He said softly to himself. Rex knew it could never be and it seemed
          almost laughable. But he did not laugh, he only stared ahead at the
          clear star studded sky.
        • Stephen
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2006
            wrote:

            > A giant aerodactyl lay in a small clearing It lay curled around
            > itself with its grey wings folded on his arms and side and with
            its
            > devil point tail lying in front of his nose as its large head
            rested
            > on the ground. Rex watched the tip of his tail twitch back and
            forth
            > as he was lost in thought unable to sleep.
            >
            > He wondered what it would be like to have a ball of light on the
            end
            > of his tail. "Why am I alone in the world, why am I an aerodactyl?
            > Why not an ampharos?" thought Rex.
            >
            > Rex took some comfort in having friends now, but he could still
            not
            > help but to feel alone as he found himself longing for a mate, not
            > for pleasure, but to belong to someone who belonged to him. He
            > closed his eyes trying to think what a female would look like.
            >
            > He could see a faint image of an aerodactyl in his mind, which
            > became clearer as he gave it characteristics. "She would be
            smaller
            > than myself, perhaps half my size since I am a giant. Blue eyes.
            No.
            > Sea green eyes, that's better." Rex smiled to himself.
            >
            > "You'd have a slender snout and jaws, I guess shorter horns. Thin
            > but strong frame, A loooong tail." Rex smiled again imagining his
            > fantasy mate. Rex's smile faded as he stared at the tip of his
            spear
            > head shaped tail. "And you would not be afraid of me."
            >
            > Rex found himself wishing he was someone else, even those who he
            > called friends still held a small twinge of fear of
            him. "Especially
            > Tawnie" Rex said with a sigh. "Maybe one day she will trust me."
            The
            > female aerodactyl he imagined faded. Rex blinked suddenly
            > remembering Wiki was with children.
            >
            > "They could be born soon" he said aloud. Rex really wanted to see
            > them but the thought of upsetting Tawnie with his mere presence
            > scared him, because if he did Maelstrom might just wish to never
            see
            > him again. He laughed softly to himself realizing the irony. "I'm
            > more afraid of you than you are of me Tawnie."
            >
            > His thoughts turned back to Wiki. "She is the kindest, most gentle
            > person I have ever met." Rex felt a realization slowly creep into
            > him, but he had always known it since she saved him. "I love her."
            > He said softly to himself. Rex knew it could never be and it
            seemed
            > almost laughable. But he did not laugh, he only stared ahead at
            the
            > clear star studded sky.

            Rex had yet to fall asleep. He stood up and looked around with a
            curious feeling he was being followed, so he spread his wings and
            took back to the night sky and kept flying in a circle a mile in
            diameter for he did not feel safe on the ground for some strange
            reason. Rex felt tired, his mind ached, and his eyes felt sore along
            with his wounds from the days battle, but he ignored his discomforts
            and continues to search for Spike.
          • Stephen
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2006
              Rex could see the horizon becoming slightly lighter though it was
              still night. "Come on already dawn." He said as if it could actually
              speed it up. He had been in the air for hours now and continued to fly
              in various patterns to cover huge ground but he could not find the
              sandslash Spike.