Call To The Living

  • serenity.storm
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 28, 2014

      Well it looks like I 'May' have found the last living Pokémon RPG, so wondering if any body is still around and looking to start a storyline? I would be looking for around 3 - 7 posts per week and an experienced writer who does more than 1 line posts. I have a number of years experience on Yahoo Groups (RPGs) and can do most settings.

      Open to ideas, I was thinking maybe something to do with sixth generation types, and I would prefer to keep storyline to the smaller size Pokémon than larger ones. Predators or Prey, Mixed Species or a 'Pack', 'Swarm', 'Herd' of the same. It could likewise be one of adventure (mobility) or Ordinary Life (stationary) based on whatever person prefers.

      I read over a couple of the previous posts to get an idea, from what I can see most of the threads recently (last 2 years) have been short lived, but hey worth a try.

      I was thinking I would play a female (not the best at males) albeit age and what not is up for discussion depending on theme of storyline (e.g. family life, romance, etc).

      If interested please reply or email or message on yahoo messager,

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 28, 2014
        hi and welcome to the RPG!

        A couple of us are still playing and if you want to join one of our storylines I'd love to have you jump in.

        I'm currently playing Jiggy, a rainbow Ampharos, who is on a mission to rescue his father from where he has been captured by a family of Mews and is being held captive at their temple.
      • serenity.storm
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 29, 2014

          Are you referring to the Echoes of the Past? If so, is it possible to start off a fresh thread?

          It looks like most of the threads have been out of commission for quite some time, and while I do not mind reading over the posts. Would it not be easier to start off new with all new characters? Open to ideas on the type of storyline as well as the characters and species and relationships of course.

          What are your thoughts?

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 29, 2014
            I always like to continue with my own characters. I only start a new one if I have a real inspiration to. Sometimes I do though!

            The storyline that they are in right now, or were when that thread died, goes back over 12 years' worth of roleplaying. But if you have a character and plot idea you want to try, let me know what it is and I'll see if I can come up with a new character if you'd prefer.
          • serenity.storm
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 29, 2014

              It is because it goes back 12-Years I am hesitant to resurrect that one hehe, I would feel I would always be out of the loop which while not an immediate problem it helps to have same meta-game knowledge as the others.

              I had a couple of ideas for characters,

              a) A headstrong and stubborn Finniken Girl, maybe either trying to make her mark on the world or trying to remain herself within a world that tries to supress her voice and free-thinking nature (i.e. for a pack setting).

              b) Slyveon and Eevee Thread could always be interesting. For this one most likely one "dreamy-eyed" girl who is constantly day-dreaming. A 'clueless' personality, maybe a romance storyline or a mother-daughter.

              c) An intellectual perhaps philosopher or dark-minded Meowstic set on changing world one encounter at a time. A socio-pathic personality beneath a bright-eyed actress, who views the ends justify whatever means.

              d) Darker theme of "Survival of Fittest" for maybe a weak Vulpix or a Preyed upon species like Pikachu or Mincino maybe with an NPC group up predators nearby. Mystery Dungeon concept could be fun here?

              e) Ditto with a self-esteem complex who likes to disguise itself as rare and admired Pokémon (e.g. maybe contact with a Mew or Articuno) a real flirt who easily gives up, bounces back, and then tries again at times.

              Mystery Dungeon concept could be interesting on all of the above if you are interested? My only request with the romance or darker themes is nothing too graphic, I noticed there were a couple 'out there' posts.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 29, 2014
                I wouldn't worry about the 12 year stuff. There is no one character who knows more than a fraction of what ever went on in all that. And if you start a new character I'll start one too so they can both be clueless together, and let the backstory of the setting and other characters pull them along into the plot gradually.

                I like all your characters! I should pull out Ereven again, my furret. He never did find a mate. :P poor guy.

                I'm actually not that familiar with Mystery Dungeon only know that this game has nothing to do with it. But if you wanted to bring any themes or plots in from it I don't think it'd be a problem. This game just takes place in an all-original setting that does not include any places from the games. And any pokemon can be present in it from any generation.
              • serenity.storm
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 29, 2014

                  Mystery Dungeon games revolve around the theme of a Human somehow being turned into a Pokémon and looking into the reason why. I suppose in terms of what I read of the game so far, the most logical choice if I was to incorporate an element would involve a "Heart Swap" of some sort since it is in series.

                  If you are leaning toward a romance than I suppose I would go with the Ditto idea. It would be especially interesting with the above theme or element. I could have her be a nervous clumsy girl with a lower self esteem which is why she prefers to use the more 'elegant' forms if she views natural form as repulsive

                  As for Storyline or Setting, thoughts? I think a woodland or lakeside area would be a good setting for romance between a Ferret and a Ditto. And since I read the disclaimer you had on Ditto, I suppose initial forms could be Mew, Eevee, Pikachu, Maril, and of course Furret when she touches Erevan early on?

                  To conceal fact she is a ditto (and be viewed by others as 'repulsive') she instead identifies herself to others as a Mew, and uses that excuse to justify her other transformations? Being a former human I imagine that she might be a fair bit more clever than your average Furret, and again lends some truth to 'mew' façade?

                  Simply would not be anywhere near as powerful outside of having same abilities. Since STATs are linked to the actual Pokémon not the transformed form. But if she is smart about it could likely pass herself off as legendary.

                  Thoughts?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 2 4:04 PM
                    Mews are kind of allowed as much as a non legend {as long as people don't go nuts with the stronger side of their powers} since they have always been so ubiquitous in the game so if you wanted to do anything with her as a Mew it'd be fine.

                    We don't really have humans transforming into Pokemon a la Mystery Dungeon on this RPG, so that'd be out, but other elements of that game might work here depending on whether it fits in.

                    Woods and lakes abound, and I think a lakeside by the woods is a nice setting for that :) I could bring Erevan back into the scene that way, I think that'd be interesting, a romance between him and a Ditto =) Too soon to say if the romance kicks off but no matter what happened it'd probably be a fun RP. And he'd probably buy the Mew thing from her since, again, Mews are actually relatively common in the region. So yeah I'm up for it!
                  • serenity.storm
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 2 6:51 PM

                      What are your thoughts for a storyline? It could either involve that initial idea of a Romance between a Ditto Girl and Erevan (if he is up to the challenge) or another idea that could be interesting is have her simply be a Younger Mew like a child and be looking for her parents or maybe being hunted by group wishing to use.

                      What would you like to see? Lost Child, Pre-Teen Mischief, Teenage Crush, Adult Romance? (PG-13 type of content). I said Mew simply because they can transform like Ditto, playing one could also be interesting.

                      As for Mystery Dungeon, the only real element other than being Pokémon exclusive world (what this group is based on) is that somehow (never really explained) a human consciousness winds up as Pokémon in a world where Pokémon talk (again this premise), but I think the adjustment element could be fun if allowed.

                      Main explanations around internet for the change are either Heart Swap (realistic, series even said it could be permanent), Rebirth as Pokémon (religious, depends on past life memories), and the conspiracy theory one which is simply they were always Pokémon but for whatever reason are in denial (psychosis defeatist).

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 30, 2014
                        Really dropped the ball on this one. Sorry, but I'm back now and will try to stay regularly active.

                        The changes in format of Yahoo's groups over these past few years have turned me off to its use a bit, but I'll try and adapt. I wish they would let group owners configure it more, I'd make it be set up more like it used to be.

                        Erevan always wanted to find love and he constantly failed. I'd love to give him a fresh try at romance! He'd be interested in just about any girl, ditto or even mew. A mew/furret romance sounds like it'd be interesting esp. with all the mew history in the game.

                        Sounds to me like MD's likeness in this game would just be reincarnation as a pokemon.