Re: {RoL} Re: Shadowsong - Wishful Beginnings

  • Kelly Talmud
    Message 1 of 208 , Jul 11, 2012
      The surprise in the female Mew's eyes outmatched the hurt.  "Oh no.. I've waited too long."  She frowned and looked at her mate, then at the female Mew. "Oh Kerii dearest! It's mommy! We thought we lost you, and we've been searching all over! It occured to us that maybe you were right at home after all so we came here as fast as we could." The mother stared at Cloud for a long time with unblinking blue eyes. "It seems all my lessons have been wasted. You have forgotten them all." Then she swung stinging eyes at Kerii. "Unless that tom made you abandon your manners."

      Kerii, who had sat silently the whole time, mostly from shock and wonder now scrambled up in a sitting position. Upon hearing his mother's voice, he reverted back to one of his earliest memories, sitting properly, ears straight up, tail curled neatly around his paws, with an elegant sitting manner. However, on a boy, it looked foolish. He muttered real quietly, which would have angered his mother severely, "M-mom? D-dad?" The disbelief in his voice was heavy, but what he whispered it so softly, that no one could hear it, unless they were right by his mouth.

      The annoyed look in the queen's eyes seemed to be quite high because she noted his incorrect posture and the quiet tone of his voice. Immediately, her lecture mode was activated, and she was on her hind legs, with her arms crossed. "Now listen here boy, I don't know your name, but your parents should have taught you the proper young gentleman posture. You are sitting too much like a lady! Back straight, chest out, chin up. Tail in the air behind you held high to show your pride, and strength to be a male."

      She seemed to have every single manner memorized in her elegant mind, and as she spoke, her voice rung with authority. Kerii, used to hearing this voice, immediately began to listen, and organized himself in the proper manner. He was too surprised to even think first, or think at all. What was happening right now was beyond anything he had ever imagined.

      Message 208 of 208 , Feb 15, 2013
        Her question caught him off guard, and Kerii stumbled in midair to a halt, as to not crash into the elegant beauty. His tail swished from side to side as he thought about how to answer. He opened his mouth several times, but no words tumbled from his parted jaws. The words danced around his mind, taunting and on the tip of his tongue, but to say them to the love of his life? Phrase them wrong and she'll fly away screaming and his chances were ruined. As the sky blue tom's mind ran wild with worry, his tail came up to his paws and he began to ring it the way he did when he was nervous.

        'Well you see Cloud my love, in order to have kittens, it is a long complicated process....' Those were the type of thoughts circling his head and it caused him to mentally flail and to physically float there with his eyes shut tightly. 'How vexing this situation is... Maybe I should just be blunt!" Then suddenly the words came from his muzzle almost like a flood. "W-well Cloud... You see. When a female has kittens, it's not exactly an easy time. It hurts and I couldn't stand seeing you in pain. I love you so much, and I'd rather you didn't experience that, because considering what we were before, you shouldn't have to experience anything like that!" Once the words were said, he couldn't take them back.

        Waves flowed off of him in the form of passion and the desire to protect. He wanted to shield her as much as possible from the last lesson of being a girl, because Cloud didn't deserve that. For all the teasing she had done, she didn't deserve that sort of pain.