{RoL} Re: Shadowsong - Wishful Beginnings

  • Timeless Wanderer
    Message 1 of 208 , Apr 19, 2012
      Cloud lifted her tail to cling between her paws with a rather nervous posture. And it was during that moment that her lovely blue eyes noticed the admiring sparkle within Kerii's pink eyes. It was a gaze that caused the young feline to blush enough to stare down at the sand. Her eyes for the briefest moment traced her newfound physique with a newfound sense of appreciation. Girls certainly lived an interesting life compared to the life that she knew as a boy.

      From only a day of this new life, Cloud had learned so much about the world. She had learned so much about what it meant to be a female of their species. Passivity appeared to be a method that she could use to obtain what she desired, while before it had been the opposite. Something inside of Cloud was beginning to change. She did not know why Kerii was being so kind. As a boy her fearfulness would have been shunned. And as a girl she adored the change.

      A couple of tears welled up in her eyes as she stared back at Kerii-chan. "You are my friend too Kerii-chan…" she said allowing her tail to wipe away the tears before it returned to her side with serine grace that complimented her loveliness. "And…" she said with a long pause. Her mind in a state of flux uncertain about how to phrase what she would say next. She was uncertain if it was the truth from the depths of her heart. Although it felt right.

      "I do not feel upset that you made this wish," she said lifting her eyes to stare softly into his eyes for a moment to gain confidence. There was something inside his gaze she found calming. "I am grateful I was given an opportunity to learn from a new perspective…" she paused to confirm her feelings. "And even if we spend our entire lives this way… I know with time I will learn to love being a female, as long as I have you as my friend Kerii-chan…" she offered softly.

      Yes there were aspects she would miss from her old life. Her taller stature and strength, a sense of respect earned by physical action and not physical beauty, and the less demanding role males held within a family. Yet ever so slowly, she had begun to appreciate a smaller statue and frailty that awarded her the kind attention which she adored. She appreciated how her value was chosen by beauty and grace; instead of physical strength that Cloud now found attractive.

      --- In Realm_light@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Talmud <im2smart4dad@...> wrote:

      Kerii lifted his head and stared at Cloud with disbelief. "Y-You don't really think I would want to?" He scrambled into a sitting position. "Absolutely not! I wouldn't ever consider it, not in while we're like this! It'd be wayyyy to weird!" His blue tail wagged behind him. 'What in the world is Cloud thinking? She's letting her mind run away. Ahhh that fantasizing girl part of her body must be affecting her boyish brain. Poor girl. I envy her. She should be in this body not having to worry about foreign things to her nature like child birth.'

      He paused in his thinking to listen to what she said. "Cloud... to tell the truth...." The sky colored mew began to play with his toes again in a nervous manner. "I do enjoy being around you. Though, I wouldn't ever consider doing that, it's fun to be around you. Your my invaluable friend." He smiled and blinked his gentle, sparkling pink eyes at the lovely girl in front of him, trying to catch her blue gaze, and yet remain friendly at the same time. 'If only I hadn't made that stupid wish. None of this would have happened. Well the talk might have.... but other than that, none of this awkward stuff would be going on.'
    • Kelly Talmud
      Message 208 of 208 , Feb 15, 2013
        Her question caught him off guard, and Kerii stumbled in midair to a halt, as to not crash into the elegant beauty. His tail swished from side to side as he thought about how to answer. He opened his mouth several times, but no words tumbled from his parted jaws. The words danced around his mind, taunting and on the tip of his tongue, but to say them to the love of his life? Phrase them wrong and she'll fly away screaming and his chances were ruined. As the sky blue tom's mind ran wild with worry, his tail came up to his paws and he began to ring it the way he did when he was nervous.

        'Well you see Cloud my love, in order to have kittens, it is a long complicated process....' Those were the type of thoughts circling his head and it caused him to mentally flail and to physically float there with his eyes shut tightly. 'How vexing this situation is... Maybe I should just be blunt!" Then suddenly the words came from his muzzle almost like a flood. "W-well Cloud... You see. When a female has kittens, it's not exactly an easy time. It hurts and I couldn't stand seeing you in pain. I love you so much, and I'd rather you didn't experience that, because considering what we were before, you shouldn't have to experience anything like that!" Once the words were said, he couldn't take them back.

        Waves flowed off of him in the form of passion and the desire to protect. He wanted to shield her as much as possible from the last lesson of being a girl, because Cloud didn't deserve that. For all the teasing she had done, she didn't deserve that sort of pain.