Shadowsong - Wishful Beginnings

  • Kelly Talmud
    Message 1 of 208 , Dec 18, 2011
      The world was beginning to awake. The sun glittered overhead, bleaching the mountainside where the ruins existed. Ferns, trees, and all kinds of plant life had long since taken over the ancient city. As the plants appeared, so did the pokemon. They had renamed these ruins Shadowsong, and turned it into their own miniature city. Some pokemon lived inside the temples, others milled about under the trees. The ground was old and crumbling, making the perfect spots for undergrowth to appear.

      Mysteries lied inside the temples, and its rumored that legendary pokemon are hidden deep inside. Pictures inside the ruins show people and pokemon working together. Two pictures stood out from all the others. One, on one side of the wall showed a small pokemon with a star for its head, and an eye on its stomach. All the people in the picture were pressing their hands together with their heads bowed. to it. The star headed pokemon had a glowing yellow aura around it, with miniature stars around it. Elderly pokemon who lived at the temple said that this pokemon was Jirachi, a wish granting pokemon. There was no evidence, however, of this same Pokemon still residing in the temples.

      The other picture was of a small cat like pokemon. It was sitting there innocently on a platform with its eyes wide open and its head turned slightly. It was a pinkish sort of color, and all the people were bowing to it. Around the pink cat-like pokemon was a very pale pinkish aura, and pretty pink bubbles. The elderly pokemon explained that this too was a legendary pokemon. It was the pokemon Mew, said to be the ancestor of all pokemon. Many of the younger pokemon were incredulous to the fact that some small pink pokemon was the ancestor of all pokemon, and the elderly pokemon could say nothing to defend the Mew from the drawing. They had no proof that it was the ancestor of pokemon, just like they had no proof that the same legendary pokemon still lived at the temple.

      However, few pokemon know of Mew's presence. One can hear her, giggling and playing deeper in the ruins. One pokemon, a little oddish had said she saw a pink cat pokemon flying around one night, but all the other pokemon refused to believe it, except for a little zigzagoon. There was something.... odd... about the zigzagooon. She giggled a lot, and was just as bubbly as a Mew might have been. The only thing was, this zigzagoon wasn't always around. Sometimes she was as easy to find as one two three, but sometimes it was like trying to find a keckleon.

      That was because that zigzagoon was no ordinary zigzagoon. She was indeed Mew. Her name was Kerii, and with the ability of transform, she lives among the other pokemon as one of them. Because of the cave drawing, she never wanted to show her true self, for fear of being either a, chased away, or b, being bowed down to. Kerii would never be able to lead a normal life. She goes out as zigzagoon, or any other creature during the day, but at night, she flies around as her pink cat self, giggling at the stars and playing with her pink bubbles.

      As spring began to take form at Shadowsong, the Mew was sitting one of the temples. All the other pokemon weren't nearby, so she decided, it would be alright for herself to be a regular Mew. As she stared up at the passing clouds, drifting lazily in the sky, she saw one cloud that stood out from all the rest. It looked like another Mew. She let out a startled meow and flew up to investigate. A sorrowed look entered her gaze, when she saw that it was nothing but a mere cloud. Kerii drifted back down to the top of the temple, and lay sprawled out, her tail hanging over the edge, and her tawny head on her paws. "I sure do wish there was one other Mew to hang out with," she mewed softly, while staring at the ground dejectedly.
    • Kelly Talmud
      Message 208 of 208 , Feb 15, 2013
        Her question caught him off guard, and Kerii stumbled in midair to a halt, as to not crash into the elegant beauty. His tail swished from side to side as he thought about how to answer. He opened his mouth several times, but no words tumbled from his parted jaws. The words danced around his mind, taunting and on the tip of his tongue, but to say them to the love of his life? Phrase them wrong and she'll fly away screaming and his chances were ruined. As the sky blue tom's mind ran wild with worry, his tail came up to his paws and he began to ring it the way he did when he was nervous.

        'Well you see Cloud my love, in order to have kittens, it is a long complicated process....' Those were the type of thoughts circling his head and it caused him to mentally flail and to physically float there with his eyes shut tightly. 'How vexing this situation is... Maybe I should just be blunt!" Then suddenly the words came from his muzzle almost like a flood. "W-well Cloud... You see. When a female has kittens, it's not exactly an easy time. It hurts and I couldn't stand seeing you in pain. I love you so much, and I'd rather you didn't experience that, because considering what we were before, you shouldn't have to experience anything like that!" Once the words were said, he couldn't take them back.

        Waves flowed off of him in the form of passion and the desire to protect. He wanted to shield her as much as possible from the last lesson of being a girl, because Cloud didn't deserve that. For all the teasing she had done, she didn't deserve that sort of pain.