Re: Mew Island - Revenge of Time

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 501 , Sep 9, 2011
      ooc: Collab by Mew and I

      Sudden laughter caused Rex to cringe as he heard an exact copy of his own voice laughing behind him. "Michael! Its so good to see thee again..." said the voice, and turning, Rex could see a jet black Aerodactyl, with a frill running down his neck and half his left horn was missing, was standing with his arm folded and a wide grin. The slits in Glaurung's blood red eyes widened then narrowed as he looked his counterpart over, "Pink? Pink! Ha Ha!" he lauged, "who would have guessed?" he said as he unfolded his arms and stepped closer, grabbing the pink Aerodactyl before putting him in a head lock and kissing the top of his head. "At the very least, when thou art a Mew, thou appearst as a…mini me?" he said and lauged again before letting Rex go.

      Rex gave a small smile and pushed Glaurung back some, "Yes, I love you too Glaurung. Or should I say, Uncle Glaurung?" he asked as he showed the black Aerodactyl the small white kitten he held. Glaurung's smile broadened as he looked at his niece, and he transformed into pink Mew, just under two foot tall with the same red eyes with black slits, and he reached out for her. Though now it was Rex's turn to laugh, and laugh he did at the sight of the small pink Mew. "Pink am I?" teased Rex, "well it seems the time warp has made us a yin yang. I am pink as an Aero, but black as a Mew, while your colors are the inverse of my forms, black Aero, pink Mew." Glaurung chuckled, "just allow me to cradle her?"

      The giant pink Aerodactyl carefully handed the white kitten to the pink Mew and watched as he held her tenderly for a few moments before kissing her and offering her back. "Thank you Michael" said Glaurung as he handed her back and transformed back into a giant black Aerodactyl "I have to be making myself scarce for now, but know I am watching out for thee" he said as gave a quick salute and wink then teleported from sight.

      Stirring from the sound of the voices, the small pristine white kitten lowered her ears before she buried her head against the one who held her to block out the sounds. His courser pink fur, due to his size, did not comfort the young kitten however. Harmony stirred for another moment, her head shifting outward as her eyes fluttered open. "I sleepy…" she mewled quietly, half asleep from the effects of the hypnosis from earlier and the time of day. All that she wanted was to sleep for a couple more hours, maybe two?

      "W-Who are you…?" she asked sleepily, the tip of her tail rubbing beneath her eyes to remove traces of sand. Her paws held close as she stared up at the massive pink dragon with uncertainty. She could not sense danger from his aura, in fact it felt sort of warm and comforting, although she was also at the age where she did not like unknown people. After all, Falcon had taken her away from Rex shortly after her birth in the time loop. She had been sent to live with Spirit and Hope, so she had never met her father.

      He smiled gently at her and discovered that not only could he sense her aura, that he still had all of his powers while in either form. He wanted to take her to her real Mother, Sirena, and have her introduce them, but he realized the past and she knew no one. So it would come from him "I am Michael, and I am your Father" he said as gently as he could. "Do not be afraid Harmony, I will take you to your real Mother and we will take care of you" he said as he pet the kitten in his hand. He turned his eyes to Morgrin and smiled again before teleporting from the Gengar's sight. He reappeared outside a waterfall, the same one Spirit and Hope had used, and using psychic the Aerodactyl parted it like a curtain and entered.

      Harmony blinked her large pink eyes up at the pink dragon. He did not appear to be a relative of hers; it looked the complete opposite in fact. "W-What…?" she asked with uncertainly in a small fragile tone of voice. Both of her paws were held close to her chin while she clung to the tip of her tail. "Where is uncle and auntie…?" she asked, referring to Spirit and Hope, whom she knew as her distant relative. She was too young to the concept of death in great detail, she was only barely off being weaned let alone not old enough to appreciate the balance between life and death. Her memories were a muddle of many lives.

      Michael was beside himself with happiness at finally seeing and holding his own child that he had forgotten for a moment about Spirit and Hope, and he felt stunned for a moment as his heart felt torn between hurt and joy. He thought she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen as he looked into her large and innocent eyes, and he felt a great pity for her that she had lost the only ones she had ever loved. "Well…" he started, still looking at her, "You…cannot see them anymore, and neither can I…they have gone away to a place that I do not know and they cannot come back" he said as gently as he could. He felt a sudden shame at his words, and wondered how many times has a parent, or a child had to hear similar words because of him? He laid his right paw over her, which was several times her size, and gently pet her. "But I want you to know that they loved you, very much. And that they would not have wanted you to be afraid or unhappy" he said, trying to satisfy her as best he could with what he knew she as capable of understanding. He wondered where Sarayu…no, where Sirena, his mate was. Though his past had been changed, it had still been a year since he had seen her and though separation increased the love and longing of the heart, it was not without pain.

      Listening to his words, Harmony lowered her ears. Her lips quivered on the verge of tears. She could not sense any deceit from his words, although she could not fathom being abandoned. "Why did they not say bye-bye…?" she asked doing her best to refrain from crying. Her paws clung to the tip of her tail a bit harder to focus on something else beyond her uncertainty. This other Pokémon was not even a Mew like herself, why was he being so kind? She could sense the warmth in his aura, her senses for detecting the simple things like that were well beyond the skills an ordinary young girl her age would possess.

      The Aerodactyl held her to his chest as he felt pain well up in him, and he sighed as if it had come from the very depths of his soul. He glowed and began to transform, shrinking greatly in size till he was again a jet black Mew, holding the perfectly white kitten, still, to his chest. He sat down against the wall as he held his chin over her head, "They wanted too, they really did. But they were taken away…they are not alive anymore" he said as a single tear fell from his red eye and onto her head. Michael felt terrible for not being able to be more clear with her, and was trying to avoid words beyond her comprehension. But he did feel that it would be good if he were a Mew for now since maybe she would understand their relationship by site if not by words.

      Harmony blinked her large eyes with confusion when he explained further. His changing form also had a soothing effect upon her nerves as the realization gradually began to transpire. A part of her memories recalled when Hope had explained death after Spirit had brought the prey, although her other fragment thoughts now clarified that concept slightly. "N-No…" she mewled quietly, her face instantly burrowing in against his soft black fur. A faint sound of her cries filled the air as her aura weighed lower in sorrow.

      Michael allowed himself to cry quietly with her for a few moments, so she would know that he felt as she did and mourned with her, but then suppressed his emotions so as to give her some comfort by being strong. He deeply regretted ever despising their species, and only wished that he had not held back in telling them how much he cared for them, not only for saving his life from Falcon years ago, but for not looking upon him as a monster and as a person in need of a loving friend. He hushed her gently as he brushed her fur slowly and repeatedly. "There, there…its ok. I do not know everything, but I do believe in things I cannot see, and I do believe we will see them again someday, maybe far into the future…but we will all meet again, and every tear will be whipped away…and weeping will be no more"

      Harmony listened to his every word despite her muffled sobs. In a single instant her peaceful existence had been shattered. Her head pulled away from his fur slowly, one of her paws whipping away a couple of the tears. All the while she continued to cling to her tail with the other paw for comfort. "W-What do that mean…?" she asked through her light sobs. She tried to cease her tears long enough to speak, to be a big girl, but her heart felt like it had been pierced by a sharp dagger. Everything she knew was not here any longer, and while she had known Spirit was not her father nor Hope her real mother from day one.

      If this other Mew was her family, however, why had he abandoned her for her entire life? Did he not like her enough to acknowledge her existence? Her mind wandered freely, her aura expressing her various curiosities in a wordless mumble of incoherent thought. The only comprehensible thought which she radiated outward, time after time from her unconsciousness, was her sorrow and disbelief about what she was being told. Although beyond all of her sorrows, she could clearly sense the sadness she instilled in the other Mew and that thought alone made her feel even worse. She did not wish to be a burden.

      Michael could read her thoughts easily enough, but he was not too deeply troubled by them since he felt he could answer her questions once she was emotionally well again. "I will tell you in a little bit, for now I want you just to rest and sleep for now, and do not be afraid. I love you and I am with you" he said as the sadness in his aura greatly diminished and was filled with warmth and comfort. He kissed her on the head before resting his own head against the wall, and closing his eyes, he waited.

      Harmony rubbed a couple of tears from her eyes with the back of her paws. A couple sniffles showed a continued desire to express her sorrows through tears. "I… I am not sleepy though…" she replied with another sniffle. Several tears rolled down her cheek as she flattened her ears down low in sorrow. How could he expect her to sleep? She felt horrible. It felt as though the world despised her existence and chose to express that hatred through eliminating all those she held dear. She remembered her auntie always said everything in life happened for a positive purpose, but how could a horrible event be good?

      All of her life she remembered one burden after another complicating her life. Her hazy memories were clear about the eradication of her tribe in a life and time beyond her own, the expectations to rebuild their tribe, to lead their tribe, and now the burden of all those expectations melded into one. Yet in the past she had always been able to rely upon others, whether they knew it or not, for her strength to live up to their high expectations. And now everything felt like it was crashing down around herself at once in a destructive rhythm. She was only a small child, how could she ever hope to fulfill their expectations?

      Living up to the expectations others held for her meant so much to the young kitten although she could not help but wonder the cost. If she grew attached to others then she stood to get hurt, but, if she did not then she would hurt the feelings of others. She could sense the sadness she instilled in Rex and she felt horrible because of that feeling. How could she live with herself for making other saddened, yet at the same time, how could she live with herself for sacrificing her aspirations to fulfill expectations? It felt as though she were forced to choose between the way she saw herself and she was seen by others.

      A conflicting desire to mourn against her awareness that Rex wished for her to grow calm represented only one of those challenges. And so, despite her own desires, she attempted to do as he requested.

      The black Mew sighed and opening his red eyes looked into her large and adorable pink ones. "Its alright, you do not have to sleep then" He was quiet as he observed her thoughts and memories, but he did not have to delve into her mind to do so, being a child it all radiated out from her for any psychic to see. He was interiorly worried and troubled that she had memories of a past life and wondered who she used to be? There was something faintly familiar about her, but whether she had a past life or not did not matter to him anymore. She was his and her Mother's daughter, and no one else's. He kept these things and thoughts inside himself, concealed from Harmony to spare her further worry.

      He began speaking slowly and quietly to her, using small words and being careful to try his best to not talk over her about things he knew were difficult for a child to comprehend. "Harmony, you are worried and sad about many things, and I do not want you to worry about making me sad, I knew about Uncle Spirit and Aunt Hope before you did, and you did not make me unhappy. Do not feel bad about being sad, and do not be afraid of getting close to others, for we need each other. It is alright to be sad at the passing of the ones you love, it is part of life. If tears still come to you now, and many days from now, it is ok. And what I meant earlier was I believe if we live good lives we will see them again some day, I do not know when, how, or where. I believe this because it is what I feel in my heart. I was not with you for your whole life because I was separated from your Mother before you were born, not because I did not love you. And you have not met your Mother because you were separated from her at birth, but I know she loves you very much."

      "It was not good that Spirit and Hope died, but your Aunt hope was right that even bad things happen for a positive purpose, even when we do not know what that purpose is, good can still come from it." He finished and began to gently brush her head. This was not how he imagined first meeting his child, in mourning, but he was grateful none the less to be with her. The thought occurred to him he would have to tell Sirena about what happened as well, but at least they would be able to comfort each other. Michael concentrated and stretched out his mind, searching the island till he found where Sirena was. The black Mew concentrated again and both father and daughter disappeared in a flash of light, and reappeared at the shore of a very large and majestic lake at the base of a mountain. A deep and very well kept cave, that had been carved out rather then forming naturally, was before them. Michael descended so he stood on his hinds, and the end of his metal tail clanking against some rocks.

      Harmony reclined in his paws with her tail threaded loosely around her neck like a scarf so she her small paws could cling to the tip. Her ears rose only faintly with hope when she heard his comforting words but soon fell once more in sadness. She could not quite understand how death could be positive, but it did not make a difference at the present moment. A latent image of a stone carving which lord Falcon had shown her when she had been younger made her lower her eyes sadly. If her mother and father had known where she was all of this time, then why, why had they not even appeared until this dark day?

      It was that final question which faded into the air as Rex teleported them to a lakeside cavern. It was so beautiful, she thought, although the sight of the sleeping two Mews inside made her cringe mildly. She saw a pristine white mother and daughter, both with light pink and icy blue banded stripes, sleeping at the back of the cavern soundly. "I… I do not want to wake them… Not on account of myself…" she said with a low quiet voice. She did not wish to disturb their peaceful slumber with the burden of herself…

      Rex startled at the sight, he had not noticed the sleeping Mews till Harmony pointed them out and he felt frozen in place where he stood. Tears filled his eyes and a great joy filled his aura as he saw his other daughter…he did not know he had two. "Believe me Harmony, if I could have been with you sooner I would have, and you are so important! You are more special to me then anything in world and I would wake her just to see you! But let's let them sleep for now, I am sure they are tired…" he whispered to her as he held her.

      He walked into the cavern and sat down, being careful not to let his metal tail make any sounds by striking something since he was still not used to it. Though it moved and obeyed his commands like his real tail did, he could not feel with it. He looked down at Harmony and smiled at how her tail was around herself and he hugged her close with a soft purr as he wondered why Sirena chose to name her Harmony and intended to ask her when she awakened.

      Harmony averted her eyes mildly when he praised her for something she felt she did not deserve. She did wish to be an obedient daughter, although, she was uncertain if she felt entirely comfortable being around Rex quite yet. When she looked at the sleeping adult Mew off to the side she could see the clear resemblance between herself and the other mew. She could not think the same for herself and Rex; he had pitch black fur while she had white. Even the colors of their eyes were distinctive from each other.

      "Alright… …" she replied quietly with a mewl. Her mouth instinctively began to form the word daddy but she relented with silence. Her thoughts gravitated outwardly with her sorrow for the loss of her auntie and uncle. And yet somewhere deep down instead she felt as though she had known this might happen one day. "Y-You do not need to stay awake, if you are tired…" she said blinking her large eyes up at him with a sincere expression. She did not wish to be a burden on anyone; she wished to be alone to think.

      The slits in his eyes widened slightly as the Mew looked at her for a moment before nodding slowly. Rex suspected that she wished to be alone, though he did not try to read her thoughts since he wanted her to feel respected to have her thoughts private. Though on occasion she had made her thoughts public due to her younger nature and lack of control, which he could not help but see. "Very well" he said with a smile and looked up at the ceiling as if he were measuring its height. His features became even sharper and angles appeared as he grew in size and transformed into a great pink Aerodactyl, but remained sitting against the wall. He looked at the sleeping Mews and trusting Harmony, dropped his head forward and immediately fell asleep with his tri fingered hands laying at his sides, palms up.

      Watching him transform with confusion, Harmony floated out of his paws sleepily as he widened in his size into the pink dragon. She did not understand why he liked the use of that form when she thought he looked less frightening as one of her own kind. A couple of tears rolled down her cheeks as she floated down next to Rex, her head cuddled in against his fur. Although due to the size of the furs it felt coarse against her softer silky fur. She shifted her head to find a more comfortable position without any luck.

      Mewling quietly in protest she walked a few feet away to curl up by herself in another corner of the big cavern. The chilling winds from outside however, the breeze coming from the ocean, number her soft sensitive fur. And so she struggled to find a comfort position for nearly an hour and a half before she let out a quiet sigh of protest. Her cheeks were stained by tears as she glanced over her shoulder towards where Rex was sleeping and then over toward the other two female Mew she did not wish to disturb.

      Realizing sleep was impossible under the present situation, the emotional saddened kitten teleported outside of the cave. Her small feet settling on a large boulder protruded from the lake a short distance down steam from where her new family lived. The area she had selected was a small cove off from the main lake, tall trees lined the shore nearby while a small waterfall poured down a constant stream of fresh water from one of the lakes higher up on the cliff. Her tail streamed over the surface of the water.

      All the while tears silently rolled down her face as she thought back to her beloved uncle and aunt who she had loved. A small leaf in the water rising up into her outstretched paws, the tinge of psychic around the leaf fading as it gently landed in her outstretched paws. Her paws closing around the leaf as she held it close to her chest for a moment, and then raising it sorrowfully to her lips she began to blow a gentle stream of air over the veins of the leaf. Both of her paws holding the leaf in the shape of a sandwich.

      Playing the sound for a couple of minutes to detract herself from her sadness, Harmony remembered a sound she had heard when she had been extremely young. Her paws playing the first chorus of a song she felt in her heart, every thought of Hope and Spirit causing her to feel like her heart was broken.

      "Every night in my dreams, I see you… I feel you… That is how I know you, go on…" she sung quietly, the leaf and her paws resting over her legs that trailed over the churning waters. "Far across the distance, and spaces between us… You have come to show you go on…" she continued. Her fragile youthful voice held the pitch and tone with perfect grace, the sound reverberating off of the trees and waters. Several nearby Whooper rose to the surface of the water, surrounding the stone, to hear the melodious sound.

      Along the shore a handful of other Pokémon gathered, hearing the sound played on the fragile leaf and then the heartfelt song. A few of the Whooper bobbed their heads in the water, delighted by the song.

      "Near, far, wherever you are… I believe that the heart does go on… Once more, you open the watery door, and you're here in my heart… And my heart will go on, and on…" Harmony sung quietly, a couple of tear falling from her cheeks to her paws closed around the leaf. Every note sung in perfect harmony with the others and the ambient sound of the waterfall and breaths of the local wildlife. All around the young child, the Pokémon who had gathered swayed to the enchanting song, sharing in her sorrows.

      Rex slept peacefully with his back to the wall when his head suddenly snapped up and his eyes flew open and he was on his feet in flash clenching his fists as he looked at down at the sleeping Mews, though he made no sound in his sudden wake up. He sighed and slowly unclenched his fists and then looked at his wings. The back sides of his wings were covered in the same thin layer of pink fur his body was, but the insides of his wings were skin. He made a mental note to let Harmony sleep within his wing next time, which was soft and wam...~speaking of which...~ he thought to himself and walked out the door and looked around to see and sense where she was.

      He could feel her presence across the lake and up on the waterfall, and with his astonishingly sharp vision he could see the pupils in her eyes despite her being over two miles away. He smiled and teleported, reappearing standing on the opposite side of the small lake on the cliff from where the waterfall was, and he still smiling, and Harmony's back was too him. His hearing was not as near as keen as his sight, only human level, and he did not know she was singing till she arrived. He glanced curiously at the other Pokémon, a small number of them fled underwater in fear, but most did not take notice of him and remained. His smile spread wider and he proudly stood with feet apart as he folded his arms, impressed by her singing, but not surprised for he knew where she got her talent from.

      Harmony continued to sing unaware of the other two psychic presences nearby. Her ears twitched to the sound of the waterfall and waters encountering the bodies of the water Pokémon who had gathered to listen to her song. Both of her eyes, however, remained closed as she sadly lifted the leaf once more to her lips. Wind passing through the center of the leaf recreating the melodious sound that had drawn all of the Pokémon together initially. The rays of moonlight danced down over the crystal clear lake.

      "A beautiful sound from one so young, you must be proud, Michael…" a soft voice came from behind where Rex stood. It belonged to a handsome youthful mew, his fur a light pink to signify his age was a year or two old at the maximum. Yet the weight of his forceful aura presented an entirely different image of the maturity of the Mew. He had managed to move behind Rex without his knowledge. "Why do you linger in the remnants of your old guise, when you have been given a wonderful gift?" he asked.

      Loving warmth radiated outward from his seemingly limitless aura, the product of eons of watching the growth of his offspring. His tail ran across the surface of the water by the shore, mirroring Harmony but he held his ears back to appreciate her intricacies of her song. Pokémon who had fled from Rex's initial appearance creeping back slowly, hiding from Rex's sight but near enough to hear the sound of the leaf which Harmony played between her paws. Dozens of Pokémon gathered to hear the song of a child.

      Rex turned a blood red eye over his shoulder in curiosity, then unfolding his arms, slowly, half turned to look at the Mew behind him. His eyes narrowed as if he were trying to remember, or figure something out, and then his fur stood on end for a moment and a chill started at the end of where his living tail used to be and ran up his spine and the slits in his eyes widened as he realized who the Mew was "...you...you are the one who slew Spirit and Hope" said Rex. The fear passed from his face, and he became cross, but did not raise his voice, not wanting to disturb Harmony.

      "It is not because you are a hundred fold my power that I do not attack you, but because Spirit and Hope abhor vengeance" he said then inhaled a growl "Half my blood is Aerodactyl, half is Mew and both are of noble descent. I consider them both a gift..." said Rex before narrowing his eyes. "Yes, I know you. You killed my foster daughter Ellwin. You tried to kill me years ago and nearly succeeded. You killed my friends Spirit and Hope...and now you're here to finish the job are you not? I am not fooled by this, loving warmth I sense from you, you are but a monster" said Rex as he folded his wings around himself and tilted his head down to raise his horns.

      Falcon retracted his tail from the surface of the water. His eyes averted to the small child who continued to play the song on the leaf. All of the Pokémon swayed to the soothing sound she played. "I have slain no one nor do I come here with ill intentions tonight…" he spoke calmly as he turned to adore the small child who brought delight to so many other Pokémon through her kindness. "It is true that my name is also Falcon, but I am not the one who assaulted your foster daughter and others…" he replied cordially.

      "The one whom you seek is none other than the one who now brings pleasure to so many, for it is now her whom I have placed my faith…" he said with a gentle pause. "We males are a disease, we move into peaceful terrains to cause suffering and then move elsewhere… " He replied with a sharp lash of his long pink tail. "And yet, I have allowed myself to be swain by the heart of one who perished for reasons that I do not dare ponder, and for that reason… I have chosen you as my trial, Michael…" he mused quietly.

      The pink Aerodactyl appeared as if some color drained from his face despite the thin fur on it. Michael held his chest, it felt as if a dagger of ice was thrust into his heart at the revelation that Harmony was Falcon reincarnated, and it made the rest of the Mew's words feel like they were hammering upon his senses. He swallowed as some cold sweat beaded on his body and all his strength left him. He turned and looked at Harmony as she sang and covered his eyes with a paw as he hung his head and was quite for some time.

      "I would agree with what you say about us, if I never met Spirit or Anthony..." he spoke at last and sighed as Harmony sang. "...Harmony...she is not destined for evil then is she? Is their any hope for my daughter?" he said as he kept his face under a paw.

      Falcon closed his eyes for a solemn moment. The single question had been one he too wondered also for over 3000 years. "We males are parasitic, for over five millennia I have watched one male assume a state of power after another, and each time they have fallen to take the lives of countless others into a downward spiral of suffering…" he replied with a quiet voice. His eyes remained closed as he listened to the final notes of the song as Harmony opened her eyes to stare out across her audience of listeners.

      "Your daughter, Harmony, has fallen more than you could ever understand… And yet there are things which even one such as I do not know in the future, although the seeds of evil do not reside within her body any longer… For that reason, Hope chose to sacrifice her life for the child and Spirit followed of his broken heart, how you choose to respond is your own accord…" he added before bowing his head only slightly to show his apologies. For he knew the development of a child depended upon her parents.

      And the single question which would decide the fate of this wretched world had been posed. Could the seeds of ambitious greed be quelled for all, or where they instead inherent to the parasitic males? With this small family as his experiment he would soon have an answer. One born female, the other born in male guise then purified, and the final one left to contain his savage instincts of lust, greed, and hatred.

      Harmony paused from her heartfelt song when she heard the faint sounds of the nearby Pokémon. Her awareness of Rex or Falcon was limited due to her youth, although she smiled faintly upon seeing all of the others who had approached to listen. "T-Thank you, everyone…" she said with a quiet yet shy voice, her paws folded in her lap as she bowed her head politely. One of the younger Whooper leapt up onto the stone to nuzzle the kitten with appreciation, before it was recalled by its mother for bedtime.

      Michael removed his paw from his face and looked at Falcon, "I cannot comprehend, understand or even fathom everything you are saying...but for my part I can forgive what happened to Spirit and Hope" he said gently, knowing it must have hurt the ancient Mew in particular if it made him change his entire plan he had for several millennia. "Just be sure you forgive yourself as well, or you may pass away, or worse" he sighed then chuckled softly, "When I was first told of this, I thought it was foolishness that I was chosen, since a fool I am. But I can see some wisdom in it now..." he said then smiled at Falcon "For if I, son of Drakoski can change...who cannot?"

      Falcon shook his head silently. His long pink tail whipped forward only to stop an inch from Rex's leg to touch it with the faintest gentle caress. A powerful psychic suggestion passed through Falcon into Rex to will his body to transform back into a Mew of its own accord which it did in short order. "I care little for you past, Michael… You have been given this trial to prove the worth of parasitic males… For Spirit felt no one was worthier of redemption…" he said recalling the memories from Spirit in the last moments.

      "Look at your daughter, Michael… Look at the pleasure she has brought to so many despite her personal sorrows… In her former life such a concept would have never formed within her mind…" he added with a softer tone of voice. "She is the hope of this world by demonstrating the value of purging this world of parasitic males, but should she fail my expectations than this world must be reborn…!" he said with a cold and emotional tone of voice. Yet his aura radiated his love for every single mew upon this island.

      Drifting his eyes away from Harmony, however, he focused back upon the pitched black Mew. "I have taken enough of your time Michael tonight, and so I shall retire until the morning and entrust the child into your paws…" added with a loving tone as he looked toward Harmony with an expectant hope.

      Michael had more questions he wanted to ask, mainly how his former Master and family were doing, but he decided against it since he believed that Falcon was not fond of humans as he was. He nodded and was humbled that Spirit had chosen him, but he would not dismiss it for ignorance, or even Spirit's innocence and only knowing a small number of males. Spirit was there for a purpose that Falcon admittedly did not foresee, and he was determined not to fail. The black Mew nodded slowly and then turning, hovered over to his daughter where he approached her from the side, and sitting down, put his arm over her shoulders. "Very beautiful Harmony, very beautiful...but where did you hear that song?" he asked with a curious smile. He had heard it before, decades ago at his Master's private opera, and he wondered if she had read it from him in his dream.

      Harmony flinched when she sensed her father approach from the other side of the beautiful lake. She squinted her eyes when she thought she saw another Mew on the opposite side of the lake vanish in a teleport, although she did not feel certain enough to ask. It looked like an illusion or mirage. "Did I wake you…?" she said with a pause, and then added "… Daddy?" as she watched the other Pokémon all head back to their burrows for sleep. She wished she could have a family like that one day, they looked happy.

      When he inquired about her song, however, she blushed faintly. Her head lowered as she was fidgeting her paws over her tail. "I… I do not know, I only wished to express myself… Is that bad…?" she asked with her large pink eyes drifting up toward her father with sincere curiosity. Being able to have the support of all those Pokémon had eased her emotional sorrows, although she did still miss Hope and Spirit. It was a feeling she did not think that would ever go away entirely. And yet she was grateful for her new daddy.

[...]

      Rex smiled broadly when she called him Daddy and felt it more wondrous to hear then any song, and it made him forget, for the moment, about what Falcon had just revealed to him about her, that she was Falcon's evil half reincarnated. "No you did not wake me, and don't ever be afraid to do so if you need to. And itt is a very good thing to express yourself sweety" he said with a chuckle at seeing, again, her large shining pink eyes. He looked down and across the great lake below them, and reflected upon all that had happened thus far. He was originally planning to take a slow approach to getting closer to his children since they lived half their childhoods without him, he was afraid that if he became intimate with them right away then he would risk frightening them since he was a stranger.

      Though Harmony was left suddenly and completely alone, and he knew she desired protection and comfort which he was more then happy to give. "How about we go home now? Is that ok?" he asked gently.

      Harmony blinked her large eyes as she listened to her father patiently. She felt grateful for his kindness although she could not help but wonder whether he truly meant everything he had said. It did not feel too good to be woken up when you were sleepy. "Alright, daddy…" she replied lifting one of her paws up for him to hold and lead the way home. Her other paw lightly clung to the leaf she had used to play her music upon earlier. A light morning blew over the lake to carry the freshly cut leaf away on the wind.

      Far away from the darkness of the forest a lone mew watched the father and daughter pair. "The fate of the world lies upon your shoulders young one, although I only pray that you do not grow too attached to that one…" the mysterious Mew spoke quietly as his tail trailed over the surface of the water. The ring of water formed by his tail flickered into a series of images, an image of the future itself. Soon the water revealed the images of three young female kittens and their mother, before it vanished into ripples.

      Smiling, Rex took a hold of her paw, though he only stared into her pink eyes and made no motion a first. He knew what Falcon said, about who she used to be, and how every time she was reincarnated she had fallen again. Thoughts of doubt tried to worm its way into his mind...maybe she had loving parents before and still fell, and how he could he expect to be any different? What if she fell again despite their best efforts? ~That does not matter now~ he thought, she was his now and all he could think of was how much he loved her, and how he wanted to be the best father he could for her and give her what he did not have in his own childhood, love and discipline.

      He lifted her into his arms and flew over the lake back towards his cavern, where he landed in front of the opening and went inside to look upon his sleeping mate and child, wondering what her name could be?

      Harmony giggled quietly when he scooped her up into his paws. Her head lightly cuddled in against all of his soft black furs. Rays of moonlight cast a shadow upon the father and daughter, the light revealed the odd sight of a sea of black with a small white island at the center. A couple hints of sunlight rising over the trees caused her pristine white fur to shine slightly from the dancing lights against her silky soft fur.

      "What is the matter, daddy…" she asked raising her soft melodious voice up to her father. It was clear why her mother had named her Harmony before she had been separated from her twin sister, even if not aware of the reunion between darkness and light. "Is it something I did…?" she asked nervously, her paws lightly reaching for her tail. Her question referring to the uncertainty she sensed within his aura.

      "Nothing...nothing is the matter" he said then looked down at her and smiled, "you are being a very good girl and I am proud of you. Let us just wait till your Mother awakens, I am sure she will..." he trailed off in his talking as he noticed the white kitten with was now sitting up next to her Mother. "Mommy!" she mewled and turning, buried her face in her Mother's side. Rex held his breath and clutched Harmony as little closer, he did not know why but he was suddenly very nervous. "Sirena?" he asked quietly as he watched his daughter, who apparently did not know him, repeatedly try to wake her Mother with her mewling and nuzzling.

      Twitching her ears to the sound of her daughter's voice, Sirena stirred from her sleep. Her body shifted to a sitting position as she lightly scooped her daughter into her paws to cradle her back and forth with a loving a motion. "Good morning, Luthien my darling, did you sleep well?" she asked leaning forward to give her daughter a soft kiss on her cheek. Her eyes drifted up to Rex, however, before he could utter a word when she sensed the two familiar auras. It was the unmistakable presence of her dear Harmony.

      "Oh, it appears we have two guests sweetheart…" she paused to look down upon her daughter and then rose her eyes back to the other two Mews. "How have you been, Michael? And my precious Harmony?" she asked with a hopeful and cheerful tone of voice. She could sense in her estranged daughter's aura that she recognized her mother immediately by sight, scent, and feel. It was a relief. Although she could not help but wonder why her mate and other daughter were here today? It had been so long after all.

      The black Mew smiled and tears stung at his red eyes, ~Missing you~ he sent her privately. "Harmony, why don't you go say hi to your Mommy?" he suggested as he set Harmony down so she could go over if she wished and he looked at Luthien. "I guess Morgrin suggested to name her Luthien?" he asked Sirena, knowing that the ghost had told him that Luthien was the name of Morgrin's mate. He wanted more then anything to rush over and hug her, but was holding back, wanting Harmony to have first chance to meet her Mother since she had lost her Aunt and Uncle and must still have been suffering. The small white kitten hovered down from her Mother's arms, looking at her twin and she giggled "hello, I'm Luthien"

      Sirena nodded her head politely to Rex's question. In truth the name had been suggested to her by the one who had brought her to this island, Eyasha, before Morgrin had suggested the name. Although that detail did not make any difference, it was a beautiful name for a beautiful young lady. Her eyes drifted down toward her eldest daughter, Luthien, scramble out of her paws. She was aware that Luthien was only an hour older than Harmony, but she thought that might affect how the identical twins interacted.

      "Hello Luthien, my name is Harmony…" the younger Mew replied to her twin. "It is a pleasure to meet you…" she added with a brief pause to phrase her thoughts. "You look the way I do…" she giggled as her tail slipped away from her paws to return to her side. Both of her paws were folded in front of her waist with an adorable posture. It was the way she had been taught to politely greet strangers. Even though the other kitten did not feel entirely like a stranger. She had by now presumed Luthien was her sister.

      From the perspective of Rex the two sisters probably appeared undistinguishable. From their frames to their fur to their voices everything was identical. In fact, beyond a few differences in the way they both chose to order the words in their speech the two were identical. It was a subtle difference that someone who was meeting the two for practically the first time would never identify. But their mother could tell the difference in a heartbeat. It was a mothers' intuition after separation from one twin for so long.

      "Hiya Harmony" said Luthien as she hopped over and gave her twin sister a hug with a squeal, not feeling the least bit shy with her though she was a stranger moments ago. "We're, we're going to have...so much fun!" she said excitedly. Rex blinked as he watched his daughters, and with the way Luthien was moving about, he had to rely more on sensing their personalities then sight to tell them apart. "And who are you? Do you like to play to?" asked the little white Mew to the larger black one. Rex smiled, "Hello Luthien, I am your Father, Michael" he said, his deep voice reverberating in the cavern as he turned his eyes upon her with a smile. "And I do"

      Luthien paused and looked up at him with wonder in her large eyes and was actually still and silent for a few moments. "Daddy!" she mewled as she rushed to him and buried her face in his stomach. Rex was startled at her apparent lack of shyness and slowly bent over and picked her up, holding her close to himself. "I love you Daddy, Mom, Mommy told me, that you were going to come home, and, and I couldn't wait to see you" she said as she hugged his neck tight. Rex chuckled as he glanced over at Sirena, "It seems I shall be drowned in love, and I love you too, Luthien" he said before setting her down with a kiss on her forehead. "Why do you both not play outside for a little bit and then I will come with you?" he suggested.

      "K!" said Luthien and teleported to the cavern entrance and looked back waiting, bright eyed, for Harmony to join her. As soon as he had some space, the black Mew hurried to his beloved and embraced her, holding her tight in his arms. "I missed you...so much" said Rex and he could not help as some tears that escaped his eyes, fell on her pristine white fur as he took a shuddering breath.

      Harmony hesitated when her father asked them to play outside for a moment. Her ears drooped low in disappointment since she had wished to stay with her mother. But she nodded her head uncertainly a moment before she followed her twin sister outside of the cave with her own teleport. She did wonder why Luthien looked and sounded like herself, or maybe it was the way around? It did not matter; she did not quite grasp the idea of being identical twins since she had never met other twins before in her life.

      "What would you like to play, Luthien…?" she asked quietly, her paws clinging to her tail lightly. She did not feel as confident as Luthien around absolute strangers. Even if she did know they were related, not because of what she had been told but because of the similarities in their auras and physical features.

      Inside of the cavern, Sirena allowed him to hold her gently as her eyes drifted past him toward their two daughters outside of the entrance. "As did I…" she replied gently before pulling away lightly. ~Why is Harmony here? She was with Spirit and Hope I had been told?~ she inquired. It had been one of the most painful things she had ever done when she remembered the lord of this isle instructing her that she could only raise one of the twins until her mate returned. She still could not fathom the reasons.

      "I like to play hide and seek, you can hide first, and I will try to find you!" said Luthien. She knew true and through that Harmony was her sister, and that coupled with her very trusting personality and confidence made her feel very trusting already to her new found sister. "I will count as high as I can and you, you can hide. If I can't find you, then you win!" she said and tried to suppress a giggle, she was getting the feeling that Harmony was not as easy going as she was, but it didn't matter, she felt that if she was nice enough to Harmony then she would learn to be like she was, after all, Luthien knew she was the big sister! Mommy told her so.

      Rex let her pull away, his paws falling to his side at the sound of her question, "She was," he said then took her paws in his and pulled himself closer to her so he could hold her for comfort. "I am not sure what you remember, but I used to be a pure Aerodactyl, and you were still my mate, but a Flygon. Falcon altered time and changed our pasts," he said with a sigh, then paused to gather his thoughts. "Falcon split into two entities, one was wicked, she was your sister Shyreen's daughter Tsunami, and after the time warp she was merged with Kalina, Hopes daughter. The now good Falcon, if he can be called good, tried to destroy Kalina"

      He paused as if he were unsure how to tell her the final part, then sighed and continued "Hope sacrificed herself to save her daughter...Spirit died of a broken heart...but there is more. The evil Falcon was reincarnated as our daughter, Harmony...Falcon say it has happened many times, and each time she has fallen further into evil..." said Rex as he continued to hold her paws.

      Harmony listened to her twin sister before nodding her head and discarding her tail off to the side. Her dark type attribute taking effect to entirely conceal her aura from psychics. "Alright!" she mewled in response before vanishing from sight with a teleport. Her body reappearing in a patch of white lilies she had noticed the previous night when she had wished to be alone with her thoughts. It was only a few dozen meters away from the cavern entrance although its small thick size hid her from view fully.
      From beneath the tall flowers, for a Mew at least, she could see out of the flower patch. Her long tail selecting one of the flowers to smell before giggled and placed it behind her ear for safe keeping. All the while her body curled up to blend in with the lovely flowers which she knew would also hide her scent.

      Meanwhile inside of the cavern, Sirena merely listened to her mate with a warm loving smile. "Hush now darling, everything will be alright… As for Harmony, I had already known from when lord Falcon had spoken to me shortly after the birth of our twins…" she said with a pause. "He cares for us, for all Mews on this island… He said Harmony should be raised apart from her sister for a short time, and when the time came for her to return home that you would be here as well and everything would be alright…"

      "Although regardless of her past, Harmony is our daughter and I shall love her same… If lord Falcon had predicted her return with you to this day, nearly four months ago, I see no reason to fear…" she said in a soft loving voice. Her tail lightly flicked the tip of his ear from behind in an effort to improve his mood.

      Luthien started to count, but it being had not learned what was past twenty nine, started to look for her sister. She hovered high into the air to look around, but was not surprised when she could not see much. She flew down and hovered fast and low over the lake, doing a spin as she admired herself for a moment, the darted towards the trees near her home and began inspecting their branches. No twin. She glanced up at the mountain, above their home, and began teleporting up its side, the games of psychic children always covered more ground as a result of their abilities, but still no sister. Having had explored much of the local area, she began to wonder if Harmony was being very clever and had transformed into a fish or Mudkip and was underwater, which would be cheating of course since it made the game too hard! She teleported and reappeared near the patch of lilies that Harmony was hiding in and tried to think of where she could be....

      The black Mew smiled and did feel comforted by her gentle speech and touch and nodded slowly, "You are right, I felt too that her past was irrelevant. She is our daughter and we will love her all the more" he said and kissed her on the forehead, "though I do not feel very trusting of Falcon...I believe he cares for us on some level, it felt too genuine to be false...but something I cannot identify still bothers me about him. Let us give him time before judging him and he will show who he really is, for good or evil" he said. His tail flicked back and forth behind him, but as he was done talking, his metal tail hit him in the back of the head.

      "Ow" he said, then glanced at it. "I forgot to mention, I lost a few feet of my tail when I was an Aerodactyl, but a human friend of mine, Vladimir, attached this amazing one in its place. I can move it just like my real tail, but I cannot feel with it...so I'll try to be careful when cuddling you" he said then nuzzled the tip of his nose on hers.

      Harmony remained silent as a stone. Her thoughts giggled aloud although her dark typing ensures her twin could not detect her presence. She wondered if Luthien was also part dark type or whether it was the one thing that appeared to differ between the two, at least, aside from the personal difference. It had become apparent in her extremely short time with her twin sister that Luthien was so much more confident than herself. She admired that trait but she could not help but be shy around utter strangers.

      "Well… He has been supportive to those of us on the island; I trust his actions, aside perhaps this entire business with the males… My sister Shyreen is mortified by having zero suitable mates any longer, at least I think…" she added with a quiet mewl. Her cheek nuzzled beneath his own as she slid the tip of her tail down the real half of his tail. She sort of liked the metallic tip; it gave him a sexy yet enchanting look, even if she felt the salty scent might take some time to get used to besides having Harmony also home.

      As the two sisters played their game of hide and seek, however, a pair of blue and pink eyes studied the two kittens. They belonged to a beautiful youthful female Mew who had fur as pristine white as Falcon with a similar series of pink runic ripples etched against the white foreground of her furs. Although as she studies the two kittens she smiled faintly. Her body shimmered a golden yellow for a moment as her frame began to diminish in size. A youthful male kitten all that remained a second before he teleported.

      As the two sisters played their game of hide and seek, however, a pair of blue and pink eyes studied the two kittens. They belonged to a beautiful youthful female Mew who had fur as pristine white as Falcon with a similar series of pink runic ripples etched against the white foreground of her furs. Although as she studies the two kittens she smiled faintly. Her body shimmered a golden yellow for a moment as her frame began to diminish in size. A youthful male kitten all that remained a second before he teleported.

      "Good morning to you, my lady" he replied cordially as he teleported directly behind Luthien with not a single sound. His tail touched the tip of her ear playfully. She was enchanting, as was her identical twin sister resting in the flowerbed a few feet away. Harmony's psychic aura hidden entirely, but her living aura remained visible. All life energies flowed toward the youthful male; it was as if space itself bent all about the kitten to enhance his appearance. His left pink and right blue eyes displayed his duality with the types of both dragon and psychic within a single body. One who held the ability to bend reality itself.

      "I trust him, a little...I'll just give him time like I said...and poor Shyreen...I wonder what can be done for her?" he said and yawned. "I'm sorry Sirena, but I have not slept for 3 days now, except for a quick nap, and I need to catch at least some sleep" he said and transformed into a giant pink Aerodactyl and lay down on floor. "Wake me if there is something important, but keep the girls off of me for at least half an hour?" he asked. He knew if he could have thirty minutes, then he would get a quick recharge for the rest of the day, then would be able to sleep comfortably with his new family. "My own family" he said as his eyes became heavy.

      "ah!" said Luthien in surprise as she quickly speed a few feet away and turned around. "Your not Harmony!" she said with disappointment before her pink eyes lit up, "but you can help me find her!" she said with excitement at what she thought was her brilliant idea. "I'm Luthien, tell me who you are while you, while you help me find her!" she said with a giggle at the end. She could have been certain that she heard her sister giggle, or maybe it was just herself? Not sure. Didn't matter! These thoughts ran through her head like lightening, forgotten almost as soon as they were conceived, and the pristine white Mew with icy blue and pink bands began to turn her attention toward the lilacs.

      "No, I am certainly not your sister Harmony although I see no need to search when I can sense her clear as day a few feet away…!" he said with a chuckle. A light blast of psychic energy over the flowerbed was all that it took to make the other female kitten's body visible amidst the white flowers. "And a lovely flower to the lovely victor!" he praised as he selected a single flawless flower from among the bed and floated it a few inches from the kitten's face. Both would become enchanting young ladies one day.

      Harmony giggled when the cool psychic blew over her head to reveal her hiding spot. "No fair…!" she laughed and teleported beside her sister. She could not sense anything bad about the other kitten, and she was trusting so she did not have any fears or shyness. But she had not know there were any other kittens on the island who were male? Meanwhile inside of the cavern, Sirena had reclined against the back of the cave to catch up on a bit of sleep herself while her mate rested and her daughters played outside. She could speak with Harmony whenever her beloved daughter felt comfortable conversing.

      "Ha Harmony!" exclaimed Luthien when the flowers were parted, revealing her sister "we win!" She watched as the boy made a choice flower hover over to her, and a stranger feeling came over her that she had not experienced before, and remembering what had happened here, she would one day know it to have been shyness. "Oh..." said Luthien with a slight blush and turned her head away for a moment, then seized the flower with both paws. "Thank you- um, thank you what's your name? And when did you meet Harmony?" she asked, noticing he knew her sister's name.

      Swaying his tail off to the side with a mesmeric motion, the young kitten smiled. "I have not met your lovely sister in the past, although you said her name but a moment ago… As for my own name, I have been called Raven in the past so you may use that, my lovely lady…!" he replied cheerfully. His tail only slipping behind Luthien long enough to tease her ear before he pulled it back to his side gracefully. "You are even lovelier when you blush, dear Luthien!" he praised eager to win a kiss from this lovely lady.

      "Oh" she said, unsure of how to take his compliment since her childish nature did not yet understand flirts. She could tell now that he knew more then her, so he must have been older. But it could not be by much, she knew he had to only be a little older then she was. "Hi Raven" she said then looked at Harmony and smiled, every time she looked at her twin sister she could not help but think how much she loved her even though they just met minutes ago, and she was trying to think of a new game they could all play, since Raven was just too good at this one. "How old are you Raven? Would you like to play, like to play with me and Harmony?" she asked, having formed a habit of asking unrelated questions together.

      The giant, pink Aerodactyl stirred then opened his blood red eyes, their wide slits narrowing as they adjusted to the light. He lifted his head, yawned and stretched out his hind legs and arms, but paused and sighed as he rested his head back down on his paws and remained lying on the floor. He turned an eye over to his mate to see that she had awakened and gave a sheepish smile, "I haven't seen you in a year...so I'm a little, fixated here now"

      Raven smiled with a polite courteous bow when she addressed him by his name. "What has ones' age to do with a game, my lovely lady?" he asked with a gentle tone. His tail slipped under her paw to lift it up only high enough for him to accept it in his own for him to kiss the back of her paw courteously. He was aware the two young ladies were but children, and so kiss was as far as he would venture today. "I think you two are beautiful, however…" he expressed with the sincerest tone of voice the lad could manage.

      Harmony blinked her eyes as the young male kitten kissed the back of her sister's paw. His compliment to her sister directly reflected upon herself as an identical twin. And she blushed profusely knowing a bit more than her twin about this sort of thing. He was rather cute too! At least as far as she was interested in boys at her age, so she was slightly envious that he did not pay such attention to herself. Although she did love her sister so she did not hold any ill well and simply nudged her sister with a playful giggle.

      Luthien giggled as well and blushed again as she darted behind Harmony for a moment. "I dunno..." she said as she held her sister's shoulder from behind. Her pink eyes lit up as she got an idea, she had been meeting new family and friends all morning now, so it made sense for her to introduce them to each other. "Wait here, I'll go get my Mommy and Daddy so you can meet them" she said shyly, rather then being her confident self. She teleported back to her home, at the entrance of the cavern, and squealed as she entered. "Mommy! Daddy! Mommy! Daddy! Me and Harmony just made a new friend!"

      Rex chuckled deeply at seeing her entrance and it thrilled him to hear from his child's own mouth that he was her Father. "It is, Harmony and I, Luthien" he said gently, "and who is she, your new friend?"

      "Oh dear…" the white Mew replied with a giggle. She wondered what she would do with him if he woke up like this every morning. And then her daughter teleported into the cave with her usual bright spirited outlook on life. ~Saved by the bell~ she thought to herself with a giggle. Her tail swayed as she pulled herself up to her feet to smile at her beloved daughter. "My, My, You have been meeting lots of new friends haven't you my precious Luthien?" she welcomed cheerfully as she stretched from her little nap.

      Meanwhile outside of the cave Harmony continued to blush at the sight of the cute new boy. "You could come to say hello if you would like too!" she said through her blushing. The tip of her tail touched only the tip of his own. And then the next moment they had vanished to appear at the mouth of the cave in a heart flash. "Hello Daddy… Mommy! This is our new friend Raven, I think he likes Luthien because he kissed her paw like uncle Spirit used to do!" she introduced with a cheerful flick of her lovely white tail.

      Rex winked at his mate, but his mood was immediately changed when Harmony appeared with Raven and said how he had kissed her paw. The slits in his eyes narrowed further so they were sharp and slightly curved on his eyes. "Oh...Hello Raven, and how old are you?" he asked politely as he rested his maw on an open paw as the huge, sharp claws on his other paw drummed the floor. He decided to converse with the new kitten for a little bit just till he was proper again to stand up without having to draw unwanted attention to himself, and he wondered how it was that there was a male kitten on the island? Unless a female had transformed to have some sort of amusement or fun with his daughters, amusement that already had him concerned.

      Raven disregarded the question for a moment as he stared at Luthien for a moment to see whether she had continued to blush. "It is impolite for a male to ask one's age, nor does my age relate to the present issue regarding the way your lovely daughter has introduced myself to one who betrays the Mew blood which runs through his veins…" he replied with a mild whip of his tail. He instantly did not like Rex due to the fowl traces of the aura and scent of one he had recently associated with which covered the pink dragon. It was the scent of his twin brother, or rather the scent of her twin brother. It was sibling rivalry.

      Rex raised an eyebrow, he had already expected that he would run into any number of Mew that would not appr<br/><br/>(Message over 64 KB, truncated)
    • Steve
      Message 501 of 501 , Nov 25, 2011
        Glaurung chuckled after his nose was struck and hugged the Mews to his cheek before standing up strait and looking out across the lake. "Lúthien, Harmony, Michael, how about you come with your Uncle Glaurung and we go swimming for a bit? I can play the sea monster and try to get you, I think your parents would like to talk alone for awhile" he said, and they all cheered "yes!" in reply. Little Michael glowed and transformed from a grey Aerodactyl into a black Mew kitten with read eyes, but his tail still had its arrowhead tip and the giant black Aerodactyl flew far down the shore and landed in the shallow water and the kittens quickly followed after him.

        "It was very nice of Glaurung to give us some alone time" said Shyreen as she turned her brown eyes up into the jet Mew's red ones. She purred as he kissed her then teleported them both into his cavern where they each sat down against the wall and held each other's paws and let their tails intertwine. There was silence for a few minutes as they each reflected on all they had been through, especially in these past few days, and now had found some level of peace, comfort and love between each other. "Michael?" asked Shyreen as she rested her head on his shoulder. "Just…what is Glaurung? Why is it that it almost feels as if you are in two places at once when he is present?"

        Rex smiled softly and put his arm around her and purred as he nuzzled her gently, then sighed softly as he rested his head on her. "Morgrin told me, that when I was first cloned from him and Lúthien that the moment I was being brought into existence, that a terrible spirit tried to influence my creation and so Glaurung was created with me. He has half of my soul, which is why we look alike, have the same voice, the same eyes, and feel similar…but the other half of Glaurung's soul came from that evil Spirit" he said as his tail lazily brushed up and down hers.

        "He's not wicked anymore though, he is very good, I can feel it" said Shyreen. "You can," replied Rex "though being half a fallen spirit, after many years he decided that if he loved me, he wanted what was best for me, which wouldn't have been hell," he said with a chuckle, "and so he changed quite literally overnight into a selfless person, and has taken the role of my guardian and servant…he's quite powerful too. He could have stopped Raven and the others by simply willing it, but is bound by laws not to display his true nature…he just likes the black frightful dragon look, so most often appears as that, though he's a real softy" said Rex.

        "As are you?" she teased as she poked him in the side with a soft giggle. "Then what is Thorondor? I saw him once, but I have never seen a Pokémon like him before." Said Shyreen.

        "Ah…Thorondor…well I asked Glaurung what Thor was too, he's not a Pokémon. Thorondor told Glaurung that he was fully spirit, and was sent to help us. He lived most his life as a pidgey before evolving to that giant golden eagle form, and there is not a bone in his body that is not full of meekness and humility…" said Rex as he red eyes narrowed in thought. "…Glaurung marvels at Thorondor, he says that Thorondor is bound by the same laws that he is and so cannot flaunt his true nature or power…but if Thorondor wanted too…he could alter the heavens, worlds, and everything in them. But it is not his power that Glaurung admires, we both admire how he is at the same time meek, and like a royal king…I would never have guessed it if Glaurung did not tell me…"

        They held each other for a few more minutes in silence, till it was broken by a knock at the entrance of their cave where a tall purple Gengar was looking at them with his purple eyes "Hello, and sorry to disturb, but I wished to extend by congratulations" said Morgrin with a broad smile. "Morgrin!" said Shyreen and Rex in unison and teleported over to the ghost where Shyreen hugged him. Morgrin lauged, "A delight! Always a delight it is to be here, I just wanted to also tell, you, something" said Morgrin as he looked at the black Mew. "And what is that, my Father?" said Rex with a smile.

        Tears stung in Morgrin's purple eyes at Rex acknowledging his role for the first time, and the ghost shimmered in light then transformed into a black Aerodactyl with sapphire blue eyes. "I was tired of being an immortal ghost, seeing all the ages of this world, I wanted to be with my family, with you, and to eventually die with you so we could be in eternity together. So Thorondor, in his kindness, gave me the body of a Mew…" he said cheerfully, "I just prefer to be as I was in my first life, and Aerodactyl" he said before transforming into a purple Mew with royal purple eyes, "most of the time" he added with a wink.

        The black Mew laughed and hugged Morgrin before looking past him and seeing the 18 foot Glaurung standing with his children and a giant golden eagle as tall as he was. Shyreen held Rex's paw and her, Morgrin and Rex approached the others. "Michael!" said Thorondor as he turned his golden eyes upon Rex, "I wanted to let you know that I have revived your species this day. I freed the Aerodactyl stone army, and all their females were restored as well, even the statues that were destroyed. I will strip Raven of all his supernatural abilities, but Raven will keep his Mew powers, and his island, and so will retain rule of this island, but you and your family and your new army are welcome to live at my lands all your life in peace. Neither Raven nor any enemy will torment you again"

        Rex smiled and nodded, and looking about, saw a great number of Aerodactyl of various colors and sizes perched on the cliff above them looking down at him with kindness. "Thorondor…" said Rex as tears stung his red eyes, "I never deserved any of this. I…I tried to betray you to Raven…aren't you mad?" he said as a tear ran down his black fur. Shyreen came to his right side to comfort him, then Harmony, Lúthien and Michael gathered and hugged him about his waist. Morgrin hovered down to his left and the giant black Aerodactyl chuckled, and tears gathered in his red eyes as he picked up the family in his paws and hugged them close. The golden eagle smiled gently at them, then looked at Rex "No, I am not mad and I forgive you"

        Rex hugged his family back, and brushed away his tears. He was overwhelmed at the kindness being shown him, but was deeply grateful to have such a blessed ending, and a look of curiosity entered his red eyes before he looked up to the golden eagle again. "Thank you Thorondor…and all of you," he said as he looked at his family, "but why are you being so kind to us? To me?"

        Thorondor turned his head and looked at the other Aerodactyl, the sunset, and finally back to the small family. "Is a reason always needed Michael? It is because we are called to love each other. Always."

        The black Mew nodded as if he already knew the answer before it was spoken, "Well then…let us all go home"

        The End

        Thanks for everything Jenn!

        --- In Realm_light@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <ancalagon700@...> wrote:

        The black Mew nodded slowly in reply. ~Sage is right…~ Michael thought to himself. He would have to show Harmony the discipline she needed, and whether she knew it or not, the discipline she wanted. He tuned his blood red eyes on the grey Mew for what he felt might be the last time, and it filled him with both sadness and wonder to know that someone like Sage managed to become a gentleman despite coming from the Seeker tribe. "Farewell…and thank you" he said before teleporting himself and the twin white kittens he held from sight.

        He reappeared at his lake shore cavern, along with Glaurung, and to his surprise he saw Shyreen, a pristine white Mew with chestnut brown eyes, standing in front of his home. "I buried Sirena with Spirit and Hope, in the mountains with our Mother Theolin…" she said. Michael reflected with pity for Shyreen that she was now the last of Theolin's children, and that both Shyreen's children, Typhoon and Tsunami, and her first mate Falcon, and second Spiritus, had been killed. She was completely alone.

        Yet she still stood strait and held her head high and her neck strait as if not even death or sadness could shake the grace and poise or undue the royalty she held effortlessly in her demeanor. Michael thought she was perilously fair, noble and sad. Beautiful, proud and far off as a snow covered mountain. Michael knew it was not of pride, but because of who she was, a benevolent Matriarch that someone like Queen Jewel could only hope to imitate, but never be, and he thought that Raven was but a fool for choosing Jewel over Shyreen.

        Even now after the death of nearly all her family, she was still seeking only the well being of others and not herself. "Rex…" Shyreen said, looking at the black Mew, "I…" she began then paused and turned as something drew her attention. The black slits in Glaurung's blood red eyes widened in surprise and Michael gasped as she turned to face them again, and out from behind the one foot white Mew, appeared a very small six inch grey Aerodactyl that clung with his tiny hands to her. Being a child, his head was large in proportion to his body, and he had red colored eyes with black slits so he appeared identical to how his Father must have appeared when he was an infant.

        The tiny shy Aero blinked small tears from his red eyes as he looked at the others, then turned and buried his face in the fur of Shyreen's white stomach. She bent down and picked him up so his head went over her shoulder, and she pet his back comforting him as her tail coiled around them both. "Sirena gave him to me after he was born with Lúthien and Harmony. She was afraid that Raven would force him to be a female, or kill him…I have nursed him, though he is finally weaned now" she said with a soft laugh, "I told him who his real Mother was and explained Sirena's passing…she named him Michael after you"

        Lúthien's pink eyes were wide and filled with a sudden joy that she now had a brother, and she wiggled from her Father's arms and went halfway to the Michael and Shyreen, but stopped short. The black Mew kissed Harmony, then set the white kitten down next to him, but held gently onto her paw, and extended his other paw towards his son, "Michael, come here my son" he said to the little grey Aero in the white Mew's arms, but he only looked away and hugged Shyreen tighter.

        The black Mew chuckled and then he began to glow, transform and grow until he was a massive 18 foot tall completely grey Aerodactyl, bent over slightly as he still held onto Harmony's paw. He held out his great paw till it was in front of the small Aero in the white Mew's arms, and he blinked and stared at him for a few moments before wiggling to be let down. Shyreen set him down and smiled as she watched him stand up strait and take a few steps towards his Father's waiting paw, he touched it with both paws and looked back and forth before stepping into the three fingered paw, where each finger was bigger then him.

        The giant Aerodactyl lifted his tiny son up to his face, where little Michael held his arms up and leaned forward to hug his Father's nose "Daddy" he said, in his small high voice. Rex laughed and blinked back some tears, though one managed to escape, and a deep pride filled him at having a son and he thanked Sirena silently before transforming back into a black Mew and hovering back down to the ground. Lúthien teleported and hugged Harmony, then teleported them both to little Michael where she hugged both her twin sister and her brother with squeal. The black Mew hugged the three of them, but was surprised when Michael suddenly teleported himself out of the group and ran as fast as his small legs could carry him back to Shyreen.

        The white Mew knelt and held her arms out towards little Michael as he ran towards her and she held him tight as he hugged her, putting her paw over his head as her tail rested on the ground in a coil around them. "I want to stay with you Aunt Shyreen!" he said. The white Mew gasped and chocked back some tears and Rex felt a great pity for them both as he realized that Shyreen loved his son as if he was her own, and that if he took him away she would have nothing. "Now Michael, you'll have to stay with your Father and sisters now…" she said as a tear fell from her brown eye. "I want you to…" she began to say but paused as she watched the taller black Mew smile gently at her, take a step towards her and held out his paw for her with his palm facing down.

        She blinked away her tears and stood up slowly and placed her paw on the back of his, and allowed him to draw her closer. "I do not want to separate him from you" said the black Mew as he then took both her paws in his, his breath shuddered as he inhaled, than exhaled slowly to regain himself, "Shyreen, I know you have been hurt before and with Spiritus gone, love was taken from you all to quickly, but I tell you now that I love you, and I can see your Grandmother Joy's kindness, your Mother Theolin's selflessness, and your Sister Sirena's high spirit all in you…Sirena proposed the idea of you joining our family as my mate…I was just to…to nervous to ask"

        Shyreen smiled, "two mates would have been too scary for someone as gentle as you, Sirena and I probably would have been the end of you" she said with a soft giggle. Rex kissed her and she returned his kiss before nuzzling her head under him. "And please, call me Michael" said Rex. The 18 foot black Aerodactyl laughed loudly then wrapped his hole filled wings around the family, "Well well! This is more than I had hoped for. And to think Michael…err…Rex" said Glaurung, for the first time in his life calling his counterpart Rex, "I may have to call you that in the future if only to distinguish your son," he said quickly before continuing.

        "And to think, Rex, that Shyreen would want as large a family as you do, fifteen children did you both hope for?" he asked as he gave his large head a tilt, looking with his red eyes at them both. The white Mew blushed under her brown eyes as did the black Mew, "I'm going to kill you Glaurung..." said Rex with a smile and a frown. The black Aero laughed and gave the black Mew a big lick with his forked tongue then took Shyreen's paw on his finger and kissed it gently. "Take care of Michael my dear, he tends to cry if he's lonely" said Glaurung teasingly as the black Mew hissed and smacked the dragon's nose with the end of his metal tail.