Re: Colidrian City - Stormy Afternoon

  • Mew
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 24, 2011
      When he leapt from the thin warning light pole it wobbled rapidly enough to force Sora to open her wings and fly down to the ground. Her beak grooming down her feathers while she thought quietly for a moment or two about his request. "I may know where they live…" she said with a casual shrug of her shoulders. "I do not think they will want to have any association with you, however, not if the silly humans are chasing you…" she said with a brief pause. He obviously did not suspect her identity, but caution was best.

      "What would you have to offer them if your last pack disowned you, anyway?" she chirped curiously. Sure he seemed nice enough, although as the leader of the pack she had to consider the safety of everyone at the expense of her intuition that said he would be fine. Since she had taken over leadership the pack had begun to work more and more as a team, a loose cannon did not benefit them in their ongoing efforts to inch out a living in the city or have their fun with the silly humans. Besides, he had made fun of her earlier.

      --- In Realm_light@yahoogroups.com, "knight_of_shadow_dime" <project_dr71@...> wrote:

      Thinking why the pidgey got so flustered he looked up at the bird sitting on thepost taking a slight bow. "My apologies Sora I meant no disrespect" Karnak exclaimed scratching the back of his multi-colored mane. "I didn't assume you'd get so offended and for that I give my sincere apology of offending you."

      Karnak thought that maybe his judgment might have been wrong after all
      experiencing the slight power he experienced from the pidgey starting to convince him that maybe she was what she said she was after all. "That was a mighty wind you shown there almost knocking off my feet , I bet you could hold your own in a real battle if it came down to it" Karnak said in his friendly tone. "If there is anything I can do for offending a nice lady such as yourself don't hesitate to ask I'm one for not having bad blood sort to speak well except against those humans that is" He smirks.

      Taking a few steps back then leaping up towards a pole that was near where the pidgey has had perched herself on Karnak stood up gripping his hind claws wrapping around the slim top of one of the poles while the rain wets down his fur. "I just have one thing to ask Sora.. on my travels I heard of a wild renegade pack of zorua that roam around this city and my reason here is to speak to the group leader." Karnak paused to scratch his fur for a brief moment "and from this weather it seems i'm close, my question is that you wouldn't happened to know where I could find them would you? for I'm fleeing from a pack of humans that pursue me because i'm different and a prize catch to any human that can capture due to my unusual abilities".

      Karnak lowered his head a bit as he continued to speak "I just want to live peacefully among my own kind you see because of me my former clan had left me to the mercy of these humans since they didn't want me as a burden...i just wish to be free of all this."

      Karnak's usual friendly welcoming smile faded when the thoughts of his old group crossed his mind hoping that the Pidgey would know some information to even help him where to look. "Also once again I apologize for my actions just this game was fun to me." Karnak's eyes had a sparkle in them different from his usual spark of confidence due to his positive nature but now they just had an empty look in them. The Zoroark abruptly jumped from his perch back onto the ground onto the embankment and he looked up towards the sky letting the rain fall on his multi-colored mane and his fur.

      OOC:The weak gust makes a lot of sense thats what I was trying to go for but couldn't quite put it in my post like I had it in my head.
    • knight_of_shadow_dime
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 4, 2011
        "I guess it's because of my rarity and off color, and my ability that has been passed through my ancestors down to me." Karnak shrugged "either that or maybe I'm just a catch you know that one in a million humans can have so they can say look i got the elusive one", Karnak perked himself up a bit with his own joke having his smile appear a bit.

        Looking at the Pidgey with his head slightly tilted noticing she didn't find his joke that amusing. Putting one of his claws under the scruff of fur under his chin Karnak continued to indulge Sora in conversation " Also just because I'm an evolved form doesn't mean I've forgotten the ways of the pack I know how the teamwork works that I remember all to well" he said with a slight nod.

        Karnak looked up towards the sky then back towards Sora "Looks like the storm is not going to die down anytime soon". Folding his arms for a brief second the Zoroark spoke with his friendly tone but still had his hint of sadness mixed in " I must find the leader of the pack and discuss the situation with whomever it is, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to answer a last few questions before we depart for now". Karnak thought that the pidgey was friendly enough and if he answered her questions maybe she would indulge him with the information he was looking for.

        "You see Sora, in short my old pack and I used to live peacefully with the humans until an event happened that shattered the peaceful living we had. All which was caused by some rogue ghosts and the humans suspected us which is why they started to come after us. Since I'm not your average Zoroark the humans saw me as a curse and as did my own kind... I think you can figure out what happened after."
        Hopeing the Pidgey would know the location of the pack Karnak had his hopes up for the information thta he would be given.

          Message 4 of 26 , Apr 4, 2011
            Karnak turned his head to look at the pidgey whom was was perched on his shoulder showing his friendly expression. "Someone likes her games" he replied still maintaining his friendly attitude. Karnak began to walk towards the bridge leading into town "If I knew what you meant by an aipom I'd oblige your request since the exercise would somewhat be fun.. oh and one more thing you might want to hold on" he said with a grin.

            Keeping up a steady pace Karnak went onto all fours and began to pick up the pace going into a small gallop line. "So Sora just send me the directions while you enjoy the free ride" while a small breeze starts to blow past due to the Zoroark's gallop like trot. "Ill tell you what.. tell or show me what this aipom like creature does and I'll be more then happy to act out a nice scene for ya in return as a favor for you helping me out" Karnak laughed while keeping his attention ahead not to crash into anything during his run. "Oh I forgot to mention as for being different I think its a grand thing, not only are you different from everyone else..but also no one knows what is held in store which gives the whole thing a nice mystery to it".

            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 4, 2011
              Sora raised her head proudly with chest puffed out and wings folded gracefully as he mentioned games. It was as though he did not even realize she was attempting to humiliate him by making him act like her pet stallion. Then again perhaps he was simply that desperate to be with his own kind. "Humph!" she said in a proud chirp, unfolding her wings as they dashed across the bridge. "You do not look very much like a cute little Ponyta though!" she teased with a playful tap of her wing on his head before she pointed the longest feathers of the wing toward the north-western part of the city which housed the wealthy denizens in town.

              "And an Aipom is a cute monkey with a weird looking tail silly! I suppose you must be grateful your master knows so much other Pokémon, isn't that right horsey?!" she chirped with a teasing tone. She felt a little bit more satisfied with her revenge for the moment. But arrogance was simply part of her nature alongside her adoration of make-believe games from time to time. Honestly though she wished he would at least be a little smarter and conceal his appearance before they finished crossing the big bridge. Sure the humans were pretty much all inside but that still did not excuse the risk if somebody saw a Pokémon like Zoroark.

              Even when she had been a baby she knew not to let humans see her Zorua form for obvious reasons!

              Message 6 of 26 , Apr 5, 2011
                Karnak laughed at Soras comments of his non ponyta appearance while keeping his attention forward, "Well it's the best I can do regarding the circumstances of who I am" he chuckled in his reply. "Hope your enjoying your perched carefree ride into the city" the Zoroark continued only diverting a bit of his attention towards his passenger. Reaching the half way point across the bridge a thought crossed Karnak's mind of maybe he should disguise himself just for safe measures, after all due to his rarity and odd colors he stuck out as a sore thumb as it was.

                "I think its time to mask myself before we go into town
                , watch this" Karnak pointed out still in full spring. His eyes twinkled its usual spark and a medium thick mist began to enshroud the area giving a almost perfect mix in with the falling rain. The mist allowed the two to still see and direct themselves perfectly just giving good cover from any prying eyes. "I think that'l do perfectly I think.. goes good with this rain, keeping the humans fooled even more so". Beginning to increase his gallop Karnak's pace allowed him to just see the arch of the entrance into the city "Looks like theres our entrance" he shouted, "northwest we go from the entrance.. I just hope thats where they still are" Karnak replied having a slight worry on his mind wondering if the pack would except him or even be at the location the Pidgey gave him.

                Crossing his mind he remembered what he was supposed to do for Sora in repayment for the information. "Oh yes once we get to oue destination I guess it'll be my time to monkey around" he laughed. Still keeping his pace with the fog mixing well with the rain the two illusions almost dancing like a endless flame together.

                  Message 8 of 26 , Apr 14, 2011
                    The rain died down a bit but the amount of thunder crashing and lightning flashing slightly increased making Karnak's fog decipate a bit. Picking up his gallop like pace he was nearing the center of town gradually changing direction to the northwest to where the Pidgey directed him before.

                    Having a feeling they were near their destination the Zoroark spoke up after staying silent for a bit of their journey just being in listening mode to his feathered passenger. "Tell me Sora" Karnak said still in pursuit mode, "What is the pack of the Zorua like form what you know?..is their leader really the young unique prodigy I heard so much about?" he said with a tone of interest. "I have to admit though Sora one of the reasons I came this far was to meet the leader of the pack I'm expecting either a Zorua that matches up to what I've heard or the opposite..but form what your informing me of seems what I heard is very true." Karnak said with a smirk on his face.

                    "Hold On for this" he shouted as the Zoroark banked a sharp turn of a corner which almost made him trip over his own feet but was able to gain footing back with ease. Surrounded by tall buildings Karnak looked about his surroundings waiting for his next input of directions from his feathery guide.

                      Message 10 of 26 , Oct 8, 2011
                        "My, My Sora you sure are a fun one!! Karnak yelled as the little Pidgey flew from his back. Trying to keep his little guide in site he stopped for a brief moment twitching his ears to pick up the flutter of the little birds wings in order to find the location. "Ah ha!, There you are" Karnak picking up the location of his guide, which he began to bob and weave through the allies just barely keeping Sora in view.

                        "So Sora, About these Zorua I'm not doubting what you know about them, heck I bet the leader is a beauty to behold herself with being even to create great illusions of the sort and still whats great beauty without cunning and great leadership which she probabely has to otherwise how would the others be able to survive among all these humans." Karnak was hoping that praising his new airborne guide since she seemed to let on more than she was saying Karnak hoped that she would slip up and tell him more about his kind than she already was.

                        Keeping his friendly persona and expression noticeable he darted through the allies and jumping on lamp posts, and sides of buildings trying to keep his guide in view still with the thought of knowing that there was some illusionary work going on around him.

                        OOC:I wanted to apologize to everyone for my absence especially Mew but i'm back and i'm able to help contribute to the group. Hoping this plot still goes along with all the others as well. :)

                          Message 12 of 26 , Oct 18, 2011
                            Surrounded karnak knew that any action against the Zorua would look bad on him plus it was against his nature to harm any pokemon of his own kind regardless if they were another Zoroark or a Zorua. Keeping his wits about him Karnak remained calm thinking not to anger the pack around him which he knew he was majorly outnumbered by but also standing his ground as to not to show any fear to his bretheren.

                            Looking at the all of the others that had him surrounded though keeping a defensive strategy Karnak told himself that they were just protecting their leader and so he should just play it cool. With all the thoughts flowing in his mind The Zoroark just plopped himself on the ground crossing his legs resting his head on one of his front claws keeping a calm demeanor. For a brief moment Karnak showed know attention to those around him instead he kept a look of deep thought above him. After a few moments he turned his still rested head in his claw and looked towards the older but still young Zorua with a smile. "Greetings fellow master illusionists!!, Name's Karnak and I'm impressed with what you all did here with your illusions." Still smiling Karnak diverted his attention to everyone as he still spoke, "It must be from having such a wonderful leader and it shows through your defensive strategy I must say Sora seems like a great leader".

                            Even though trying to win his company over Karnak thought to himself -where did Sora go?..I hope I wasn't lead into a trap and if so she still held up her end of the bargain and I will congratulate her next time I see her- Having the thought of his feathered friend disappearing kind of made him blue, but still Karnak hid his sadness of the loss of his new friend but still keeping his up beat attitude and smile hoping the zorua wouldn't be hostile towards him.