Colidrian City - Stormy Afternoon

  • Mew
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 19, 2011
      It had been a miserable day over Colidrian City since sunrise. Thick cloud of rain poured a seemingly endless shower of sleet over the city, concentrated in the upper areas of town. All of the humans had fled indoors since the early afternoon which practically gave the wild Pokémon free reign of the city. A group of three small fox-like Zorua sat on the rooftop of one of the buildings, staring up at the sky undeterred by the illusionary rain they had created.

      Meanwhile, the remainder of their small pack freely pillaged from the local marketplace. The younger ones easily slipped into the boarded up shops to steal paws of fish and shiny gemstones for their den in the town. The one who had organized the rather elegant distraction, however, was nowhere to be found. She had slipped away from the others to visit the massive golden archway bridge that connected the city to the northern bank of the river.

      "And what do we have here…?" she asked herself quietly with a giggle while she held her head low in a patch of overgrown grass beside one of the buildings. Her eyes fixated upon a Pokémon eating a fish beneath the bridge, its long mane similar to her own but the size of the other Pokémon easily dwarfed her in size. She had never seen any other Zoroark around the city, the last one she had seen was the former leader of their small renegade Zorua pack.

      Both of her eyes glew for a split second as a small illusionary pebble rolled down the steep and slippery embankment with a trajectory aimed toward the other Pokémon's head. He was sort of cute, as far as Zoroark went at least, but that did not mean she could not have a little fun with him for the moment. She knew the three sentries who maintained the massive illusion over the city would be there until the first rays of sunlight began to fade with sundown.

      Rays of sunlight danced off of her light pink fur as she hid in the bushes. Her name was Sora and despite her youth she had become the leader of the Zorua pack. By all intensive appearance she looked like an ordinary Zorua, aside from her lovely pink fur. Although something was certainly unique about this one. She only hoped it would be another profitable day, the silly humans would not fall for this type of trick every day and lately she had been having troubles coming up with new and original ways to allow her fellow Zorua to raid the city.
    • knight_of_shadow_dime
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 19, 2011
        Taking shelter from the rain The Zoroark kept feeding on his freshly caught meal not noticing his watcher nearby. The Zoroark finishing the last few nibbles on his fish stood up in a kneeling position as to brush himself off a bit. "Well that was a good catch to fill your belly Karnak The Zoroark said to himself, and with no humans nearby either."

        Karnak stood up on his hind legs to check if the rain had died down at all "Hmm this seems like it isn't going to let up anytime soon so I guess I'm stuck here for the time being". Taking a few steps eastward The zoroark's ears twitched as if to pick something up and slightly sidestepping but still having something strike him on top of the head.

        Looking around Karnak didn't see where the small object went "How odd seems like whatever came down is gone now". "Either my senses are off or someone is trying to have a bit of fun with me he said to himself." Karnak brushed his mane with his paws to get some of the leftovers from his meal out of his fur then then took a seat to adjust his senses to see if he could pick up where the object had come from.

          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 21, 2011
            Karnak's ears twitched towards the water noticing the water displacing. Opening his eyes He noticed the little Marill spurting the water towards him "This is just to convenient he said to himself" eyes glowing a quick sparkle as he side steps dodging the water spurt, -not this time he thought to himelf, there is something going on here now's my chance to see if I can figure this out-.

            Just a brief moment Karnak dives into the ground using a quick dig just seeing a quick flash of his multi-colored mane before his disappearance. An illusionary Rattata to to survey the area to see if he could flush anything out. -That will flush out any one in the area if there's anyone else and this will distract that Marill- Karnak thought to himself figuring he'd have some fun himself.

            "This is just a bit to funny to be a similar event theres something and I'm gonna find out what, my turn to play a little trick of my own" Karnak chuckled to himself as he popped out of his digging path a bit westward to where he begun his hole. "Now lets see what we find" waiting to see if his Rattata illusion partner finds anything but still keeping an eye to see if the Marril, ears going which way to pick up any movement, "This is kind of fun" Karnak laughed a bit to himself.

            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 21, 2011
              Sora watched the oddly colored Zoroark sidestep her illusion with a frown. Her urge to burst out into a fit of giggles only increased, however, when he dug somewhere else leaving an obvious illusionary Ratatta where he had been standing. Both of her eyes traced the movement of stones on the grassy shore to find where he was headed, although she lost track of him mid-dig when he moved somewhere that would not disturb the ground above his makeshift tunnel. And so she shifted herself lower in the grass to hide better.

              In her mind this was all a game. Her eyes moved back to her illusionary Maril which she made realistically tilt it head in confusion to the sudden appearance of the Ratatta before she made the illusion dive under the water once again. And with the gradual disappearance of its shadow, she dispelled her illusion to let herself focus freely upon finding the whereabouts of the other dark-type. Her light pink body shimmered a golden white for a split second as her body began to morph into a more suitable and feathery form.

              Stretching her wings from the bush, the small brown Pidgy took to the air. Her movements were elegant yet precise as she circled the air. All of the while scanning the area she had lost Karnak for her new toy.

              OOC: I assumed he created the illusion where he was? It is helpful to specify in detail for those things.

              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 21, 2011
                Karnak arose out of his tunnel with precision onto an area on the bank which had a small rock face and a bit of cover on the rocks. With the rain still coming down onto his fur Karnak, looking down at the hole beside him he noticed the ground wasn't wet enough compared to the amount of rain falling. "Looks like there's some illusionary powers a mist here" Karnak spoke in a low voice,"Almost to perfect but not quite can't fool this Zoroark for to long, now to just find the cause."

                His eyes twinkling like small sparks directed his Rattata illusion into the nearby bruah to see if anything would be flushed out as Karnak stayed alert to see if anything could be picked up.

                A few moments passing Karnak decided to leave his coverage and get to the bankment leaping from rock to rock stopping on top of the largest looking up. "Hmm" The Zoroark said with a grin, "Thats kind of out of the ordinary seeing a pidgey flying so elegant in this rain, Better keep my eye on that one" He exclaimed.

                Karnak received a quick idea and dove towards the bushes jumping off his perch and darting towards where he sent his Rattata partner as if to fool anyone as if he was giving chase. -Now to keep my eyes and ears open to see what happens then its my opponents next move in this little chase- as the zoroark picked up his pace. "My this is just like playing cat and mouse with the humans heheh" Karnak said with a grin as he kept his pace towards his destination to see what the next move in this little game would be.

                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 21, 2011
                    Stopping in his tracks Karnak heard a little voice near him, switching his gaze he saw the pidgey perched on the post not to far from himself. Karnak sighed then walked over towards the little pidgey about to engage in conversation.

                    "Well I guess that's the end of our little game then?" the Zoroark motioning a wave at the little brown bird. Eyes twinkling his illusion Rattata dispersing behind hum, " I thought there was something peculiar going on, and turns out there 's a row of illusions going on well so much for our little game of fun" the Zoroark replied.

                    Taking a few steps as so he was almost right under the Pidgey's purch he continued " I knew there was something odd about these illusions..it all comes together now but I got to admit you had me fooled little one From what I see theres more to you then your letting on...So why not stay have a meal I still have some fish from my catch" Karnak explained. Pacing a bit he continued his little speech "Then you can show me your true self and we can have a little chat ..so little one what do you say?". Karnak motioned for the pidgey to follow as he began to walk slowly to his meal site keeping his ears poised for a reply.

                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 21, 2011
                      Sora tilted her head once more, this time out of genuine curiosity. She sincerely doubted he had close to enough proof to believe she was something other than a normal Pidgy without a doubt. And so she had planned to use that to her advantage. "What do you mean, silly? What is an ill … Illusion?" she asked in a curious tone of voice. Her youthful voice displayed a hint of uncertainty with an absolutely flawless act, one of the many skills the young actress had learned over the past couple of weeks with the adults.

                      "And sides…" she said flapping down from the perch to land a couple of feet ahead of Karnak, but off to the side to avoid his walking path. One of the things she could not change was her size, and so he would always be a fair bit larger than herself regardless of her species. "We Pidgy do not eat fish… Do you not know that, mister…?" she inquired with another feathery tilt of her head. In truth she had eaten her fill earlier this morning, although the thought of humiliating another adult of her kind was too good to pass.

                      OOC: Good eye with the rainwater XD

                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 21, 2011
                        karnak laughed at the little bird's comment. "Well I guess that leaves more for me then little one" Karnak said with a smile. Continuing his slow pace being not far from the Pidgey. "Come now though theres no need for the charade I'm no threat to you it's obvious whats going on" Karnak said with his friendly smile.

                        "It's as I said there's more to you then your letting on your no normal Pidgey as I can see your missing the certain simple aspect that all birds share it's a how you say certain finesse they have and from what I've seen your to elegant and careful to be any normal Pidgey I've seen." Karnak's eyes twinkled again as he stopped his pace and turned to the little bird "Let's just say it's a sense I picked up on my travels and also dealing with humans on a regular basis trying to catch you..you deal with all sort of trouble" Karnak chuckled.

                        "I believe you were the one that had me fooled for this time and why not show yourself form the illusion little one or maybe I'm wrong". Kneeling down to the Pidgeys level he spoke "If you care to prove me wrong why not have a little sparring match just a little friendly one of course..So what do you say?" replied Karnak with an expression of openness about him.

                        OOC:Thanks I thought I thought I'd mess up the illusion ability but it played better then i thought :). Sorry about my mess up in my one post I thought i put the location of the Rattata illusion in there but guess I missed puttting it in after all. :)

                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 22, 2011
                            -This one is one is sticking to her guns and is quite admirable- Karnak thought to himself. The Zoroark figured he'd turn the tables by using a trick of his own to see how it played out. As the pidgey made her little gust Karnak focused himself having a slight glow around using his mimic ability to copy the Pidgey's gust attack, -this should tell me if i'm wrong or not- he thought.

                            "Well I thank you for the demonstration Sora" Karnak thanked for the little demonstration. "But I believe this ability caled mimic i had a chance to use will prove to us both if you tell the truth or not" The Zoroark said with a smile. Then trying to release the little bit of wind himself proved to be faulty for himself he looked down at the Pidgey shaking his head slightly. "I never thought i'd have to use this ability to try to see through an illusion myself little one, but i have to admit I admire your determination."

                            "You have a good mind in that head of yours and good strategic ways in your trickery but the ability of mine allows me to use any attack that was previously used on me if real that is" Karnak continues fixing a look on the little bird. "But where are my manners, My name is Karnak by the way, and my apologies for seeming like a brute" Karnak bows slightly "I just hope I didn't ruin your bit of fun with my stunt and my attempt at challenging you." The zoroark retaining his friendly demeanor waiting for the Pidgey's reply.

                            OOC: Hope using mimic like that didn't ruin anything just kind of drawing a blank for my post :)

                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 22, 2011
                              Sora raised her left eyebrow when he gave his long-winded yet terribly inaccurate speech. Although when he called her little for the fifth time she began to grow annoyed. "Then you are sillier then you look…" she said with a brief pause. "And for the record, I AM NOT LITTLE!" she said, raising her voice a little with the last half of her speech. Her wings flapped one final time, this time creating a Gust with enough force to make him have to dig in his feet to remain where he stood but not enough to hurt him at all. Despite her frustration with being treated like a child, she did not like getting into actual fights when it was avoidable.

                              In her humble opinion he was both brainless and brawn, and that combination was usually rather cute on any other guys. But being called little was one of the two things she despised. Even if maybe it was a bit true given her childish arrogance and mischievous disregard for the feelings of those she encountered. "It is rude to make fun of a lady, you know!" she chirped and flew back up onto one of the long metal rods on the paved wall. She would simply have to think of a way to have some real fun with him later on to get her revenge for him calling her little so many times. After all, she did not LOOK little in this form anyway.

                              OOC: Mimic ability is fine. Although since she IS transformed into a Pidgy, the Gust would have been real and thereby copied by the Mimic ordinarily. It was weak though so that could be why he did not copy…

                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 23, 2011
                                Thinking why the pidgey got so flustered he looked up at the bird sitting on thepost taking a slight bow. "My apologies Sora I meant no disrespect" Karnak exclaimed scratching the back of his multi-colored mane. "I didn't assume you'd get so offended and for that I give my sincere apology of offending you."

                                Karnak thought that maybe his judgment might have been wrong after all
                                experiencing the slight power he experienced from the pidgey starting to convince him that maybe she was what she said she was after all. "That was a mighty wind you shown there almost knocking off my feet , I bet you could hold your own in a real battle if it came down to it" Karnak said in his friendly tone. "If there is anything I can do for offending a nice lady such as yourself don't hesitate to ask I'm one for not having bad blood sort to speak well except against those humans that is" He smirks.

                                Taking a few steps back then leaping up towards a pole that was near where the pidgey has had perched herself on Karnak stood up gripping his hind claws wrapping around the slim top of one of the poles while the rain wets down his fur. "I just have one thing to ask Sora.. on my travels I heard of a wild renegade pack of zorua that roam around this city and my reason here is to speak to the group leader." Karnak paused to scratch his fur for a brief moment "and from this weather it seems i'm close, my question is that you wouldn't happened to know where I could find them would you? for I'm fleeing from a pack of humans that pursue me because i'm different and a prize catch to any human that can capture due to my unusual abilities".

                                Karnak lowered his head a bit as he continued to speak "I just want to live peacefully among my own kind you see because of me my former clan had left me to the mercy of these humans since they didn't want me as a burden...i just wish to be free of all this."

                                Karnak's usual friendly welcoming smile faded when the thoughts of his old group crossed his mind hoping that the Pidgey would know some information to even help him where to look. "Also once again I apologize for my actions just this game was fun to me." Karnak's eyes had a sparkle in them different from his usual spark of confidence due to his positive nature but now they just had an empty look in them. The Zoroark abruptly jumped from his perch back onto the ground onto the embankment and he looked up towards the sky letting the rain fall on his multi-colored mane and his fur.

                                OOC:The weak gust makes a lot of sense thats what I was trying to go for but couldn't quite put it in my post like I had it in my head.

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Apr 4, 2011
                                    "I guess it's because of my rarity and off color, and my ability that has been passed through my ancestors down to me." Karnak shrugged "either that or maybe I'm just a catch you know that one in a million humans can have so they can say look i got the elusive one", Karnak perked himself up a bit with his own joke having his smile appear a bit.

                                    Looking at the Pidgey with his head slightly tilted noticing she didn't find his joke that amusing. Putting one of his claws under the scruff of fur under his chin Karnak continued to indulge Sora in conversation " Also just because I'm an evolved form doesn't mean I've forgotten the ways of the pack I know how the teamwork works that I remember all to well" he said with a slight nod.

                                    Karnak looked up towards the sky then back towards Sora "Looks like the storm is not going to die down anytime soon". Folding his arms for a brief second the Zoroark spoke with his friendly tone but still had his hint of sadness mixed in " I must find the leader of the pack and discuss the situation with whomever it is, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to answer a last few questions before we depart for now". Karnak thought that the pidgey was friendly enough and if he answered her questions maybe she would indulge him with the information he was looking for.

                                    "You see Sora, in short my old pack and I used to live peacefully with the humans until an event happened that shattered the peaceful living we had. All which was caused by some rogue ghosts and the humans suspected us which is why they started to come after us. Since I'm not your average Zoroark the humans saw me as a curse and as did my own kind... I think you can figure out what happened after."
                                    Hopeing the Pidgey would know the location of the pack Karnak had his hopes up for the information thta he would be given.

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Apr 4, 2011
                                        Karnak turned his head to look at the pidgey whom was was perched on his shoulder showing his friendly expression. "Someone likes her games" he replied still maintaining his friendly attitude. Karnak began to walk towards the bridge leading into town "If I knew what you meant by an aipom I'd oblige your request since the exercise would somewhat be fun.. oh and one more thing you might want to hold on" he said with a grin.

                                        Keeping up a steady pace Karnak went onto all fours and began to pick up the pace going into a small gallop line. "So Sora just send me the directions while you enjoy the free ride" while a small breeze starts to blow past due to the Zoroark's gallop like trot. "Ill tell you what.. tell or show me what this aipom like creature does and I'll be more then happy to act out a nice scene for ya in return as a favor for you helping me out" Karnak laughed while keeping his attention ahead not to crash into anything during his run. "Oh I forgot to mention as for being different I think its a grand thing, not only are you different from everyone else..but also no one knows what is held in store which gives the whole thing a nice mystery to it".

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Apr 4, 2011
                                          Sora raised her head proudly with chest puffed out and wings folded gracefully as he mentioned games. It was as though he did not even realize she was attempting to humiliate him by making him act like her pet stallion. Then again perhaps he was simply that desperate to be with his own kind. "Humph!" she said in a proud chirp, unfolding her wings as they dashed across the bridge. "You do not look very much like a cute little Ponyta though!" she teased with a playful tap of her wing on his head before she pointed the longest feathers of the wing toward the north-western part of the city which housed the wealthy denizens in town.

                                          "And an Aipom is a cute monkey with a weird looking tail silly! I suppose you must be grateful your master knows so much other Pokémon, isn't that right horsey?!" she chirped with a teasing tone. She felt a little bit more satisfied with her revenge for the moment. But arrogance was simply part of her nature alongside her adoration of make-believe games from time to time. Honestly though she wished he would at least be a little smarter and conceal his appearance before they finished crossing the big bridge. Sure the humans were pretty much all inside but that still did not excuse the risk if somebody saw a Pokémon like Zoroark.

                                          Even when she had been a baby she knew not to let humans see her Zorua form for obvious reasons!

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Apr 5, 2011
                                            Karnak laughed at Soras comments of his non ponyta appearance while keeping his attention forward, "Well it's the best I can do regarding the circumstances of who I am" he chuckled in his reply. "Hope your enjoying your perched carefree ride into the city" the Zoroark continued only diverting a bit of his attention towards his passenger. Reaching the half way point across the bridge a thought crossed Karnak's mind of maybe he should disguise himself just for safe measures, after all due to his rarity and odd colors he stuck out as a sore thumb as it was.

                                            "I think its time to mask myself before we go into town
                                            , watch this" Karnak pointed out still in full spring. His eyes twinkled its usual spark and a medium thick mist began to enshroud the area giving a almost perfect mix in with the falling rain. The mist allowed the two to still see and direct themselves perfectly just giving good cover from any prying eyes. "I think that'l do perfectly I think.. goes good with this rain, keeping the humans fooled even more so". Beginning to increase his gallop Karnak's pace allowed him to just see the arch of the entrance into the city "Looks like theres our entrance" he shouted, "northwest we go from the entrance.. I just hope thats where they still are" Karnak replied having a slight worry on his mind wondering if the pack would except him or even be at the location the Pidgey gave him.

                                            Crossing his mind he remembered what he was supposed to do for Sora in repayment for the information. "Oh yes once we get to oue destination I guess it'll be my time to monkey around" he laughed. Still keeping his pace with the fog mixing well with the rain the two illusions almost dancing like a endless flame together.

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Apr 14, 2011
                                                The rain died down a bit but the amount of thunder crashing and lightning flashing slightly increased making Karnak's fog decipate a bit. Picking up his gallop like pace he was nearing the center of town gradually changing direction to the northwest to where the Pidgey directed him before.

                                                Having a feeling they were near their destination the Zoroark spoke up after staying silent for a bit of their journey just being in listening mode to his feathered passenger. "Tell me Sora" Karnak said still in pursuit mode, "What is the pack of the Zorua like form what you know?..is their leader really the young unique prodigy I heard so much about?" he said with a tone of interest. "I have to admit though Sora one of the reasons I came this far was to meet the leader of the pack I'm expecting either a Zorua that matches up to what I've heard or the opposite..but form what your informing me of seems what I heard is very true." Karnak said with a smirk on his face.

                                                "Hold On for this" he shouted as the Zoroark banked a sharp turn of a corner which almost made him trip over his own feet but was able to gain footing back with ease. Surrounded by tall buildings Karnak looked about his surroundings waiting for his next input of directions from his feathery guide.

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Oct 8, 2011
                                                    "My, My Sora you sure are a fun one!! Karnak yelled as the little Pidgey flew from his back. Trying to keep his little guide in site he stopped for a brief moment twitching his ears to pick up the flutter of the little birds wings in order to find the location. "Ah ha!, There you are" Karnak picking up the location of his guide, which he began to bob and weave through the allies just barely keeping Sora in view.

                                                    "So Sora, About these Zorua I'm not doubting what you know about them, heck I bet the leader is a beauty to behold herself with being even to create great illusions of the sort and still whats great beauty without cunning and great leadership which she probabely has to otherwise how would the others be able to survive among all these humans." Karnak was hoping that praising his new airborne guide since she seemed to let on more than she was saying Karnak hoped that she would slip up and tell him more about his kind than she already was.

                                                    Keeping his friendly persona and expression noticeable he darted through the allies and jumping on lamp posts, and sides of buildings trying to keep his guide in view still with the thought of knowing that there was some illusionary work going on around him.

                                                    OOC:I wanted to apologize to everyone for my absence especially Mew but i'm back and i'm able to help contribute to the group. Hoping this plot still goes along with all the others as well. :)

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Oct 18, 2011
                                                        Surrounded karnak knew that any action against the Zorua would look bad on him plus it was against his nature to harm any pokemon of his own kind regardless if they were another Zoroark or a Zorua. Keeping his wits about him Karnak remained calm thinking not to anger the pack around him which he knew he was majorly outnumbered by but also standing his ground as to not to show any fear to his bretheren.

                                                        Looking at the all of the others that had him surrounded though keeping a defensive strategy Karnak told himself that they were just protecting their leader and so he should just play it cool. With all the thoughts flowing in his mind The Zoroark just plopped himself on the ground crossing his legs resting his head on one of his front claws keeping a calm demeanor. For a brief moment Karnak showed know attention to those around him instead he kept a look of deep thought above him. After a few moments he turned his still rested head in his claw and looked towards the older but still young Zorua with a smile. "Greetings fellow master illusionists!!, Name's Karnak and I'm impressed with what you all did here with your illusions." Still smiling Karnak diverted his attention to everyone as he still spoke, "It must be from having such a wonderful leader and it shows through your defensive strategy I must say Sora seems like a great leader".

                                                        Even though trying to win his company over Karnak thought to himself -where did Sora go?..I hope I wasn't lead into a trap and if so she still held up her end of the bargain and I will congratulate her next time I see her- Having the thought of his feathered friend disappearing kind of made him blue, but still Karnak hid his sadness of the loss of his new friend but still keeping his up beat attitude and smile hoping the zorua wouldn't be hostile towards him.