Re: Look Alive, Sunshine!

  • legionsix
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2010
      > "Clear the way! Pirate ship coming throoooooooooooooough!"

      Meanwhile, a juvenile Riolu was making his way up another hill on the opposite side of the lake. Milo had no boat, with wheels or without; just a net-bag that he had painstakingly woven to replace the one he'd lost by the sea, and a stone knife suspended on a leather thong around his neck. "I'd like this net-bag better if it were all full of Fearow-meat like the other one..." he mused. Then again, having been raised in the jungle by a Kangaskhan, a pack of Mankeys and way too many Chatots, he did quite well on fruits, nuts and foliage. Heck, he did well on just about anything.

      He crested the hill and saw something very odd, even to a well-seasoned traveller like himself: On the other side of the lake, a strange yellow Pokémon with flashing head and tail was stumping along on its hind legs, dragging something square that bumped along on four round things stood up on their sides. In the middle of this square-thing was a pole with a big white...leaf? just beginning to catch the breeze. He'd never seen anything like them, the Thing and the Pokémon who dragged it. And just as he was wondering what on earth it could possibly be for, the Pokémon got into the square part and...rolled down the hill in it!

      Mind you, Milo was a strange sight himself...if you'd ever seen a Riolu, that is. He didn't know anyone who had. Not even Milo. So he thought they were all like himself: Chatot-colored, with black head and tail, green thighs and a rich golden-yellow torso. And he thought the reason people always stared at him was because they didn't know what he was, not because they thought him peculiar for his species. None of that mattered, or could matter, to an eleven-year-old child, and none of it mattered to Milo...welll, sometimes it did, and he'd get sad. But this was not one of those times.

      The yellow Pokémon in its contraption picked up speed. It yelled something about the ocean--why, Milo had just come from there! And then it came ballyhooing down the slope yelling something else, and that just looked like too much fun, and Milo found himself throwing all his hard-earned caution to the winds and racing down his own hill towards the lake. "Hey! --Hey!! I wanna ride too...!", he called out, jumping up and down by the lakeshore and waving his arms in big, wide arcs.

      = = =
      Marius.
    • rainbulimic@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2010
        The cart was hurtling down the hill at quite some speed. A lot of speed in fact. More speed than Dallas had been expecting. He gripped the little steering wheel for dear life trying not-very-well to guide himself and the boat few the few stray trees dotting the hillside.

        Suddenly, someone called something at him. He looked up and around and spotted a little blue Pokemon further down. He lifted a flipper to signal to him, only to realise that he'd let his attention wander and now a tree was coming straight at him, or he was headed straight at the tree...
        With a grunt of effort he pulled the cart to the left and narrowly dodged the tree., only to puthimself directly on a collision course with the Riolu.