Re: Realm Valley: The Event

  • rainbulimic@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 26, 2010
      ooc: Can I leap in with a ram? I mean... I've not been part of the flock for some time, but last I checked, It was a pretty big flock...

      Ic:

      The sound of a mother seeing her lamb killed turned Flynn's heart cold. There was nothing like it; and he had the feeling that, though the ewe had stopped screaming, the sound itself was going to echo in the back of his mind for a long time after.

      Having only evolved merely a few days prior, Flynn found himself almost out of his element as he leapt into the fray. The difference in balance between a flaaffy and an ampharos was enough to make him clumsy and miss targets he would've easily gotten before.

      He felt a sneasel land on his back, but a quick flash of static across is rubbery skin and it was paralysed. It fell from his back and was instantly trampled under panicked hooves.

      --- In Realm_light@yahoogroups.com, "im2smart4dad" <im2smart4dad@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > Bakari heard the commotion behind him, but could not race to help. He was faced with three sneasel. He charged at the one in front, crushing it under his hooves, but the others leaped onto his back. They scrabbled at him, but he rolled over and crushed them underneath his bulk. He got to his hooves, blood spewing from the back, but the two were not done. They leaped at him again, threatening his neck. He raised a fin and slapped on across the face. It went reeling in pain. He held up his other fin to block the other sneasel's attack. Blood dripped down onto his fur, and pushed at the sneasel, until he was on his feet. He lowered his head and rammed the sneasel with piercing horns, it's cries slowly becoming fainter.
      >
      > --- In Realm_light@yahoogroups.com, "ace_dark_artist" <rol_studios@> wrote:
      > >
      > > ooc: Don't worry it is fine. good start.
      > >
      > > ic: Al came stomping in. The massive wooly ampharos smashed a sneasel into the ground under his large hooves. Keha spun about sending a marowak axe into a sneasel's side. Amphion sent some flying with a whip oh his tail.
      > >
      > > > Hadika woke up a bit sleepily. She rubbed her eyes tiredly, but quickly snapped them awake, when she spotted the sneasels attacking the lambs. One lamb had been cornered by two sneasel. She struggled to her feet, trying to get up. She stumbled a bit, before looking at Bakari. "Bakari! The lamb!"
      > > >
      > > > Bakari looked at the Mareep, and nodded his head, he ran across the blood stained ground, and slammed into a sneasel, before head butting the other, protecting the terrified lamb from any more damage.
      > > >
      > > > Hadika stumbled over, avoiding the sneasel and stepping around the slaughtered lambs. She pulled the terrified like lamb close, as if protecting it from the sneasel. Her brother stood there, fighting to protect them. She could see blood dripping from his arms and legs, where the sneasel had cut him, and opened old wounds.
      > > >
      > > > OOC: I hope this was good. I'm not very good at battles, and thinking like a sheep at the same time. I've only been in...about three battles before so I apologize if it's too controlling.

    • ace_dark_artist
      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 28, 2010
        Loki stood protecting Kanga and Kinta as they rushed in seeking their little one. Kanga just as she helped with an injured miltank a sneasle rushed in trying to get at the calves. Loki stomped and snorted forcing them to rethink. The fight was far from over and Kilba knew it as he watched. Loki "Chari" had to fight with everyone else but his stance on violence was getting in the way now!

        Amphy used his strength to smash several sneasles down with a branch he gripped in his massive hands. The ampharos kangiskahn mix snorted as he swung it again sending more flying and his tail smashed others.

        "Keep it up! There are alot of them but we can make it through this! Keep fighting!" Keha roaredas the ram charged the dark pokemon with his marowak battle axes.

        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 28, 2010
          ooc: Sure Blissy

          ic: Al was tiring. it seemed almost like an endless night. They kept coming back in attacks. they would let things quiet down then try to sneak back in at the lambs. That Chari was still only making warnings...if aeveryone didn't fight it was a ost cause. That big kangiskahn wasn't fighting eeither and she was big enough to help end it faster.

          --- In Realm_light@yahoogroups.com, "rainbulimic@..." <blissychild@...> wrote:

          > ooc: Can I leap in with a ram? I mean... I've not been part of the flock for some time, but last I checked, It was a pretty big flock...
          >

          > Ic:
          >

          > The sound of a mother seeing her lamb killed turned Flynn's heart cold. There was nothing like it; and he had the feeling that, though the ewe had stopped screaming, the sound itself was going to echo in the back of his mind for a long time after.
          >
          > Having only evolved merely a few days prior, Flynn found himself almost out of his element as he leapt into the fray. The difference in balance between a flaaffy and an ampharos was enough to make him clumsy and miss targets he would've easily gotten before.
          >
          > He felt a sneasel land on his back, but a quick flash of static across is rubbery skin and it was paralysed. It fell from his back and was instantly trampled under panicked hooves.
        • im2smart4dad
          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 28, 2010
            Hadika had expected to feel the claws of pain. The searing and snarling sound of a blood ravaged beast, but it never came. Blood dribbled down onto her face. Bakari stood there, his eyes wildly blazing, holding a flipper to deflect the attack. Aperrantly, the claws were doing their job and had broken the skin in the yellow ram's flipper. She gripped the little lamb she held in her arms, making it bleat, and she loosened. She glared at the sneasal. "You fowl beast!" She left the lamb for just a moment, but always keeping a fin on it. She had taken a defensive stance, just in case if Bakari fell. She could see him, fighting to keep up his strength, the deep labored breathing.

            Bakari broke away from the sneasal, a dark sound rumbling in his hooves. He stomped a hoof, a final warning before a charge, but the sneasal had suddenly hared away. Bakari looked at where it went, wondering why it ran. He turned back to his sister. "You alright. What about the lamb?"

            Hadika patted the lamb on the head. "We're just fine. But what about you?" She inspected his flipper. "Your bleeding..." The soft bleating of the lamb reminded Hadika and she raced back to it, and rubbed its head. "Where are your parents? Huh little tyke?" Hadika's voice was soft as she whispered to the terrified little shaken thing, urging him to calm down.

            Bakari shook his head. "Just a scratch." He looked out over the heard, a sorrowed look at all the dead bodies. The lambs, the rams, the ewes, and even the sneasal bodies laid all around. He looked for some leader in the herd, but determined not to leave his sister and the little lamb, he stayed by them. "We'll take care of the little guy until morning."

            Message 5 of 24 , Nov 29, 2010
              Flynn fought as hard as he could, lashing his tail back and forth, trying to slam the sneasels with the blue, glassy, light at the end of his tail. He felt claws on him, the sharp pain of his skin breaking, but continued to fight.

              "There's so many," He bleated, sending wave after wave of electricity at any sneasel he could see.

              Everything smelt of blood and lambs were screaming and ewes were crying. It felt like his every sense was on fire.
              It was so overwhelming...

              Rather unexpectedly, a sneasel leapt onto his back, using his shoulders as footholds to climb up to where he couldn't reach to pull it off. Flynn cried out in pain as claws shredded his ear.

              Message 6 of 24 , Nov 30, 2010
                Bakari caught sight of the sneasel on the ram's back. He looked at his little sister. "Stay here!" Then he leaped over the bodies towards the ram, and ripped the sneasel off his back. Bakari huffed for breath from his previous fights that were going on all night. "I don't have time to deal with this!" He lowered his head and rammed the sneasel, before spinning and slapping it in the face. He looked at Flynn. "You okay?"

                Hadika crouched with the little mareep, hoping to hide against the ground. She could see the sneasel, running back and forth between those that stood, confusing them and swiping at them. She crouched lower to the ground and motioned for the lamb she cradled to do the same.

                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 1, 2010
                  Flynn's ear had been virtually severed in two, the end hanging on by mostly skin and a small sliver of flesh. He couldn't feel anything except the pounding pain, so hard it almost seemed as though he could *hear* the agony.
                  Blood dribbled down the side of his face, and he lifted a flipper to try and staunch the flow.

                  "I-" He started, choked, regained himself and started again, "I'm fine! He-help the ewes!"

                  Message 8 of 24 , Dec 1, 2010
                    Keha stepped back sweating and splashed with blood, his own and the enemies. He was tired as he slumped against a tree and slowly slid to a sitting position. Nossy and Lindi came to him to tend to his wounds as Cielmel watched worried with their lamb and her lamb from Dori. Ciel didn't want to lose any of them. Keha whom she first loved for so long when they had met in Oceaciana.

                    Or Dori, Keha's son from Pomona. He was her new mate and together traveling had brought them close together and produced a son. She was worried of losing both rams and her lambs from both. It was troubled times and they moved deeper into unknown futures.

                    Message 9 of 24 , Dec 5, 2010
                      The flock was scattered and lights flickered in panic. Confusion had descended, cries of dying lambs and hurt ewes and angry rams mixing together into the sound of pure chaos.
                      Flynn had his flipper pressed firmly on his ear, but blood was still oozing down his neck. He approached a mareep laying in the grass, only to find its throat torn out.

                      "Stay together!" He called into the crowds, but it was useless, his voice just mixed in with everyone else.

                      Message 10 of 24 , Dec 8, 2010
                        Keha tried to lift his head but he was too tired to do much. He had slipped in and out of sleep as the attacks subsided for the time. Kilba stood watch letting Keha, Al and the others rest. There was something menacing in the sudden silence.

                        Message 11 of 24 , Dec 10, 2010
                          Flynn's sat near the edge of the flock, trying to stay awake to keep watch, but exhaustion had taken over him. His ear had stopped bleeding and congealed into a messy lump. He knew it was way beyond being saved entirely, and his hearing had suffered slightly on that side.
                          He woke with a start, though nothing seemed to have triggered it.

                          With a sigh, he stood up and stretched and started wandering around the flock in thought.

                          Message 12 of 24 , Dec 11, 2010
                            Bakari looked at the sleeping forms of his sister and the lamb she protected. Deciding it would be safe to leave them for a bit, he walked over to Flynn. "Flynn, if you would like to sleep, I could watch for a while." The ram shook his head to clear sleepy thoughts and got ready to watch. He rubbed down some fluffed up fur and then stretched up tall.

                            Message 13 of 24 , Dec 11, 2010
                              "No, but thank you," Flynn shook his head but blinked his lights gratefully, "I don't think I can get my head around sleep for the minute."

                              He gingerly rubbed one eye, "All I see when I close my eyes are Sneasels everywhere. Makes you think you'd rather be awake after a while."

                              He glanced at Bakari's family, "Is everyone ok?"

                              Message 14 of 24 , Dec 13, 2010
                                Bakari nodded his head wistfully. "The sneasel suffered just as much as we did, so I don't think they will return tonight."

                                The ram looked at his little sis and the lamb she had protected. "Ya, they're both okay. The Flaaffy is my little sister, her name is Hadika. The lamb is a little one we protected from the attack. We haven't got a name for the little guy, nor do we know his parents."

                                Message 15 of 24 , Dec 14, 2010
                                  "Hmm," Flynn wasn't so sure he agreed with Bakari, "They attacked without warning. They went after the youngest. I don't think I want to take any chances now..."

                                  He glanced at the sleeping lamb and swallowed heavily. One of the lucky ones. He sighed and turned away, taking a few steps toward the darkest edges of the flock, his lights dim.

                                  "Do you ever think," He said softly to Bakari, "That we would actually be safer if we weren't in such a large flock? Not.. not *we* but, I mean, our kind... Are we just a target like this? Is that why they attacked us?"

                                  It frustrated him that he couldn't understand why the sneasel had decided to slaughter their young. It was so seemingly random. What had driven them to it?

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Dec 14, 2010
                                    Bakari cast a glance over his shoulder at the sleeping young ones, before following Flynn. "I don't know exactly, but I believe it was because someone killed the king of the sneasel family, and that drove the queen to kill our young, to make us know her pain." As Bakari said, he didn't know the story by heart, but it sounded like what happened to him, for someone had told him earlier what happened, but it was long ago, and after a harrowing night like this, it was hard to remember anything from earlier.

                                    Bakari pondered what Flynn said. "To tell you the truth, I think we are better off in a big flock, because when my sister and I traveled by ourselves, it was harder to fight off the sneasel. If as many attacked as they did today, then my sister and I would surely be dead already. As I always say, 'There is strength in numbers.' Why would they make such a saying if it wasn't true?"

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Dec 22, 2010
                                      Flynn nodded and rubbed his flippers together as if cold, though the morning was hardly chilly.
                                      "I suppose, though we would've been considerably harder to locate if we didn't group ourselves together so much..." Flynn started, as if he planned to continue arguing. But truly, advantages or disadvantages aside, flocking together was what made them, them. It was almost as natural as their glowing tails.
                                      "I wish there was a way to protect the flock more though," He started again, "Maybe we should move on from here..."

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jan 5, 2011
                                        Bakari blinked. "Move the herd....I don't know about you, but that's something I would leave to the senior rams. Sure if we stayed here, we'd be attacked relentlessly, and if we travel, sheep could be picked off one by one." He looked at his sister. [I couldn't bear the thought of my little sis being taken by one of those monsters and being slaughtered...] Then he looked at Flynn. "What do you think would be a good idea?"