Re: Fate of a Herd

  • ace_dark_artist
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 5, 2010
      "I see you are....one of those..." He said trying to recall what flock of sheep would use that often. The western ones he was sure he tried to recall.

      --- In Realm_light@yahoogroups.com, "jspamax" <jspamax@...> wrote:

      > Shocky noticed the flashing light in the distance and a slight bit of relief came over him. "So there is fellow Sheep out there after all...." He said to himself as he limped towards Decoda and the rest of the Flock. Lucinda floated closely behind Shocky making sure to watch his back for any sneaky attackers. "P-Pho's light to you..." Shocky said as he approached Decoda. He learnt that phrase from a good friend.
    • ~*chaotic neutral*~
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 5, 2010
        {{{can I step in with someone? Maybe Maelstrom or someone?}}}

        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 6, 2010
          ooc: Wynn! It's been so long. Allow me to get you a opening in here ^_^

          ic: Shocky looked kind of confused. "One of them?" He had a slight frown on his face. "I thought we were all alike and as one Herd" Lucinda suddenly interrupted Shocky's monolouge. "Maelstrom! I can sense him, he's nearby!" There was slight panic in Lucinda's voice as she tried to pinpoint the location of her one true mate.

          "You sure?" Shocky turned around to look were Lucinda was looking. "Yes... I can sense him anywhere, we shared a Special Bond, Maelstrom!" She levitaed slightly above the flock to see if she could spot her soulmate.

          Shocky turned around and spoke to the Ram again. "Sorry about that, my mother has been searching for a certain Ram for some time now" He tried to smile without it looking too obvious.
          --- In Realm_light@yahoogroups.com, "ace_dark_artist" <rol_studios@...> wrote:

          > "I see you are....one of those..." He said trying to recall what flock of sheep would use that often. The western ones he was sure he tried to recall.
          >
          > --- In Realm_light@yahoogroups.com, "jspamax" <jspamax@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Shocky noticed the flashing light in the distance and a slight bit of relief came over him. "So there is fellow Sheep out there after all...." He said to himself as he limped towards Decoda and the rest of the Flock. Lucinda floated closely behind Shocky making sure to watch his back for any sneaky attackers. "P-Pho's light to you..." Shocky said as he approached Decoda. He learnt that phrase from a good friend.

        • im2smart4dad
          Message 4 of 25 , Aug 6, 2010
            OOC: hope you don't mind me using this message for an entrance.

            Away from the herd, and opposite of Maelstrom, a ram carried his little sister. The small flaaffy had many wounds and scarlet blood had turned her wool a scarlet color. Her eyes were half glazed, but she wasn't dieing. Exhaustion tugged at the older brother's limbs, but he had to get his younger sister to help. The older brother, an Ampharose named Bakari, had bruises, cuts, and slash marks all over. On his face, an ugly scar ran from the red marble on his forehead, down to his flipper. They had been attacked by sneasel, and were exhausted. There was no way they could keep up, soon, they might end up falling prey to the sneasel attacks.

            The small flaaffy opened her eyes wide, and whispered to her brother, "Bakari, put me down." Bakari didn't like the idea, but he placed his little sister on the ground. Her name was Hadika, and as she looked around, something had caught her attention. She tugged at her brother's flipper. "Bakari! Over there!" A tail light glowed in the distance, obviously more sheep, perhaps a herd. She looked at her brother. "Bakari! I think that could be a herd!"

            Bakari looked at the tail light, he didn't like the idea of going over there. "Hadika, what if they aren't friendly?" Hadika looked at her brother with tired eyes. "Bakari, we can't live out here alone. We need a herd. And we have to find out if that is a herd or not, and if it is, ask to join." Hadika looked into the distance and summoned what energy she had left into her tail. A small glow began, but began to brighten up. She wagged her tail. "Bakari, light your tail too." Bakari wasn't happy about this, but because he knew his sister was right, he summoned his energy to his tail and it began to glow. Two tail lights glowed together, creating a nice light.

            Hadika began to feel shy about the light in the distance, so she grabbed her brother's flipper for comfort. Bakari looked at Hadika. "It'll be okay. As you said, what if they are friendly?" Bakari smiled, something that they both needed to do, and then they began to walk towards the tail light in the distance.

            OOC: I hope that was okay for you all. And because it will not let me reply in Raychu, I have to say it here, I'm going away to the beach tomorrow, and I might not have internet, so this could be my only message for a few days. But if I have internet, I'll do my best to get on.

            Message 5 of 25 , Aug 6, 2010
              ooc: Okay. I'll try this.

              ic: Maelstrom had been feeding alone, not too far away but in a separate patch of grass where no other sheep were. The big ram seemed to have lost a lot of his lust for life. He hadn't even been mating with any ewes or even in pursuit of them in the past year, ever since the mess of his past. He felt like he needed to be alone, and that anything he got involved in, became a mess.

              He grazed quietly, jut a bit too far away to hear the cries of his departed love. The only ewe that he would ever really love.

              Message 6 of 25 , Aug 6, 2010
                "You know the western flock sheep...the whole...Phos jive and such... Well... not that I believe in much these days." For Decoda this was very true. "Huh?" Looking confused as the young ram spoke of someone esle with him.

                *****

                Keha stood with his sharpened axes. Give them a spin by thier hilts. Alicia twirled a spear in her grasp as her lamb and Keha's slept. Her movements flowed with the memories of Adrisana guiding her hands.

                Amphion was silent. His belief was being challenged throughout this. He fought alongside the others but he was reluctant and yet to deal any deadly strikes to the enemy. Keha and Al seemed quite willing and did so easily. The enemy often continued attack even though Amphion spared their lives they were all too willing to renew their attempts on his life. In this war what was right and wrong began to blur and Amphion wished he knew like he once did so readily.

                --- In Realm_light@yahoogroups.com, "jspamax" <jspamax@...> wrote:

                > ooc: Wynn! It's been so long. Allow me to get you a opening in here ^_^
                >
                > ic: Shocky looked kind of confused. "One of them?" He had a slight frown on his face. "I thought we were all alike and as one Herd" Lucinda suddenly interrupted Shocky's monolouge. "Maelstrom! I can sense him, he's nearby!" There was slight panic in Lucinda's voice as she tried to pinpoint the location of her one true mate.
                >
                > "You sure?" Shocky turned around to look were Lucinda was looking. "Yes... I can sense him anywhere, we shared a Special Bond, Maelstrom!" She levitaed slightly above the flock to see if she could spot her soulmate.
                >
                > Shocky turned around and spoke to the Ram again. "Sorry about that, my mother has been searching for a certain Ram for some time now" He tried to smile without it looking too obvious.
                > --- In Realm_light@yahoogroups.com, "ace_dark_artist"
              • jspamax
                Message 7 of 25 , Aug 6, 2010
                  Shocky smiled at Decoda. "At the end of the day we are all the same" He said calmly. He then noticed Decoda'a eye. "What happened to you?" He asked with concern in his voice. "You need that seen too, it may become infected" Shocky tried to show his caring side but was constantly on guard just incase something attacked. There had been fighting here and Shocky was prepared for it.

                  Meanwhile Lucinda had managed to track down the Aura of Maelstrom among the Sheep. "Maelstrom.... I've found you at last!" Lucinda tried to hold back the tears as she made her way to the Legendary Ram. But suddenly she relized that Maelstrom would not be able to see her in her spiritual form. "Maelstrom..." Lucinda tried to nuzzle her former mate but she went straight though him. The only thing that could be felt in the air was her warm breath.

                  Message 8 of 25 , Aug 6, 2010
                    When he saw them he began to wonder right off had they left someone behind? Decoda flicked his lights to the approaching sheep.

                    "Looks like we have more sheep left behind than we thought" He rubbed his chin.

                    Message 9 of 25 , Aug 6, 2010
                      "Yeah I suppose that is true. It's ancient. This happened a couple years back." He hoped the ewe that had done it too was dead. She and that evil ewe Weepsong who had turned Ilona against the flock and did this to him.

                      Message 10 of 25 , Aug 6, 2010
                        Maelstrom lifted his black and yellow head. He sniffed the air, he thought maybe he sensed something for a minute. His thoughts went back to Lucinda, and he figured that it was just one of those moments that had tugged at his memory.

                        He went back to grazing.

                        Message 11 of 25 , Aug 18, 2010
                          Hadika paused mid-step when she saw the light flick. Then she let go of her brother's flipper and ran ahead. The closer she got the brighter the other light became, until she was swallowed in the light and she saw a Ampharos. She cocked her head at him before smiling and bowing her head to Decoda. "Hi hi!" She looked up at him before closing her eyes.

                          When Bakari saw his sister take off, he was gonna tell her to stop, but knew she wouldn't, so he ran after her. Soon he too was swallowed into the light of Decoda's tail. He looked at Decoda and the others around him. He was unsure if they were accepted, so he turned his gaze back to Decoda. "Pardon my sister, she is, a little hyper active, but, I would like to know, Is this one of those herds I've heard about?" Bakari's voice was carefully guarded, unlike Hadika, who was running around the herd exploring.

                          Hadika ran from away from her brother's side and looked at all the sheep there.(OOC: Who is with Decoda anyway?) She looked at Shocky and ran up to him, her tail wagging. "Hi! I'm Hadika, who are you?" She had a bright smile on her face, and it seemed as if she wasn't even hurt anymore.

                          OOC: Sorry it took so long to reply, I finally got the chance to because I was at the beach with not very good internet connection and then home life got busy, but now I can reply.

                          Message 12 of 25 , Aug 20, 2010
                            ooc: A long time ago in the game there was an island protected by an illusion and the flock of sheep that lived there were in turn guarded and protected over by Decoda and Kilba and a few others. He now helps protects the flock in the valley.

                            ic: "It's fine. Main thing is everyone is safe." He grinned back with a little nod to Hadika figuring she was a bit of a lamb still even though she was a flaffy.

                            "You...are not of this flock?" Decoda asked curiously since the younger ram seemed to not know of them.

                            Message 13 of 25 , Aug 21, 2010
                              ooc: Thanks for the background info. I probably should have done my homework before roleplaying with the herd.

                              Bakari shook his head. "No, I did not know there would flocks this far into the valley. I always thought they would be, somewhere safer and more free. Many sneasal live here, not that you don't know." He said quickly, glancing at some of the injured sheep, before looking back. "I think, in a good thought for my sister, we stay with you." Bakari looked to the darkness of where the two had come from. "Nobody can survive out there by them selves." He turned back to Dacoda. "So I beg you, for my sister's life that has much time left, please let us stay." Bakari's eyes were pleading.

                              Hadika, not relizing the situation, was still roaming around, wagging her tail. There were many ampharos, flaaffy, and mareep. Soon she became bored with exploring, so she sat down, laid on her back and stared up at the night sky.

                              Message 14 of 25 , Aug 21, 2010
                                ooc: No problem.

                                ic: "This place...was something else. What was only a few years ago seems like a long time ago from those that speak of the valley and were here before the trouble with Huntkos the smeargle and his mate Bossa the sneasel. They say him...." Decoda gesture to a ram sitting with an enourmous black kangaskhan. "They say Charivari once ruled this valley in peace and friendship with many different pokemon. From grazers to preds they all lived in peace here. But there was those who were not happy living in peace and wanted the old ways...of hunting and killing. And...it was Huntkos who rose to power and threw Chari off his throne."

                                "No...don't give me that boy...." Decoda shook his head. "No one comes into this flock pleading. We simply are...what we are and accept others freely into our flock if that is what they choose."

                                Message 15 of 25 , Aug 22, 2010
                                  Bakari found the story to be, something that this valley needed once more. But when Decoda brought up his pleading, he snapped out of his trance and blushed, making his tail light turn a shade of red, before going back to white.

                                  Bakari shook his head and went back to the story. "If what you say is true, then why don't we find this Huntkos pokemon and steal his throne and turn this valley back into piece! Does he not care that some pokemon could be killing for the feel of blood on their paws? I understand killing for food, but what about just for fun? The pokemon who have died already were probably killed just for blood. They were innocent. So why don't we turn this land into piece again...." Bakari's horns drooped and his tail light dimmed.

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Aug 26, 2010
                                    "Huntkos is long dead. One of the reasons Chari decided to come back was the fact that after Huntkos was killed his followers began to move on. But with the flock back it has drawn Huntkos' mate back. Now we are dealing with Bossa and she is claiming her rule over the valley."

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Sep 13, 2010
                                      ooc: Not sure where everyone disppeared off to but in the interest of moving things along I am posting.

                                      ic: In the darkness the sneasels gathered and awaited their queen's decision. Guido stood before her waiting and watching alongside his brother. Both turned as Bossa moved. At last she looked to those gathered.

                                      "We are taking the valley back by force and tonight. This has gone on far too long. Those responsible for your fathers' deaths...the both of yours'." She looked to her sons the sneasel Guido and her half smeargle son Alucard. "Time to avenge them both. Those responsible are there in the valley. Time to kill every last one of them. But...the ram who killed Huntkos and ...my Vinnie he is to be brought to me if he is there."

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 13, 2010
                                        ooc: I didn't feel really welcome, so I bowed out. I'm back now because I'm not sure, who killed Huntkos? was it one of my rams?

                                        ic: Maelstrom was still nearby, but not in view.

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Sep 14, 2010
                                          ooc: Sorry for not replying. I haven't been replying to many of my groups for a while because I was just blocked. couldn't write anything as a reply. So I apologize and hope for forgiveness.

                                          ic: Upon joining the herd, Bakari still kept to himself, where as his little sister talked to everyone she could. As the moon slowly rose up, Bakari laid in the soft grass, staring at the stars. Old wounds slowly healing. New wounds just beginning to heal. His tail laid beside him, the orb just barely glowing. He watched the Illumise and Volbeat dance in the sky above him and sighed as a soft wind blew, stirring the grass he laid on. Even if it all seemed calm, a great danger was apon the herd, but nobody knew. How could they know, if no pokemon were able to send a message?

                                          Hadika wondered over to Bakari, a tired look in her little eyes. She laid on the ground beside her brother and rolled onto her side. "Bakari." Bakari turned his head to his little sister. "Hmm?" Hadika wasn't smiling, a scared look was on her face. "What if the sneasal attack while we're asleep?" Bakari smiled. "That's easy. I'll protect you." Bakari reached up with a yellow flipper and rubbed Hadika's fluff on the top of her head.

                                          Hadika responded to the touch. "Thank you Bakari. I love you." Hadika rolled onto her other side and began to sleep. Her side rising and falling in an evenly manner. Her tail light slowly dimmed and then went out, to show she was dreaming. Bakari watched his sister for a moment, before looking back at the stars. [At least, I hope I'll be able to protect you.]

                                          Message 20 of 25 , Sep 24, 2010
                                            ooc: I'm back myself I got real busy last couple of days so sorry everyone. XD the kids weren't exactly on their best behavior either XD which added to everything.

                                            Huntkos was killed by Chirin, Vinny was killed by Chirin. Far as Bossa cares though getting Loki and the rest of the Realm flock and retaking the valley is enough revenge for now.

                                            ic: Keha and Amphion stood at the edge in the distance watching over the flock. Kilba near them snorted and watched the valley walls closely. Decoda sighed thinking how if he still had both his eyes he would be out there defending the flock still. Instead he was waiting for something to happen with the rest of the flock.