Re: Harmonic Convergence (Katara, Shanti)

  • legionsix
    Message 1 of 59 , Nov 15, 2009
      > Katara's head whipped around to face the Luxray...

      Shanti could have sworn there'd been nobody in the cavelet when she checked last night; it was too small to have held any two creatures her size. The Luxray must have come over the rock-formation, then, perhaps on its way home from the night's hunting, and been surprised to find them at its den. Shanti thought the whole thing could have been settled by an explanation and an apology; it was an honest mistake...and she was just about to say so when Katara rushed to the attack and got Thundershocked for her trouble.

      The sight of her little friend being flung backwards several feet did...*something*...to Shanti. She looked at the Vulpix in dismay; then her rage came upon her, and she was transformed. She crouched low, a rolling thunder rising in her throat. Muscles tensed, mane bristling like the Luxray's, and eyes flashing as if she were summoning lightning of her own; all of a sudden she looked nine inches taller and thirty pounds heavier than she really was. She sprang sideways towards Katara; her four legs came down surrounding the Fire-fox protectively. The movement was quick, calculated, sure-footed; in the Absol's battle-fury there was no trace of the awkward young adult--only the display of elemental rage just barely tempered by self-discipline. But, actually, the whole time she was thinking, thinking...

      The Luxray was a little taller than she; but, Shanti being a smallish Absol, they were about the same weight. Perhaps she could take him, or convince him that she could? Most wild creatures didn't go out of their way to get themselves hurt--least of all the solitary ones, who would have no one to tend their wounds but themselves. So she gave the cowardly Lion-Pokemon her most contemptuous look; then she roared, "How about you pick on someone your own size!!!" Hopefully that would either impress him or shame him into desisting...

      [OOC: Dunno what she just did in game-terms, but we'll see if it worked!] >({|;-]

      = = =
      Marius.
    • legionsix
      Message 59 of 59 , Feb 5, 2010
        >> A dread seized [Shanti], deeper than the one she normally felt
        >> as a cripple in a harsh world. Was Katara's hole like this
        >> too? "Sweetie...?" she called weakly; then, a little more
        >> forcefully, "We've got to get out of here..."

        > Katara blinked open her eyes, still tired from waking up and
        > talking with Shanti. She rolled over and came out of her nest
        > and into the sunlight. ..."Shanti? What's wrong? Oh. I get it.
        > You're not used to sleeping in tree roots yet. You'll get used to
        > it soon." Katara smiled and shook her fur, waking herself up.
        > She yawned and stretched. Then she sat up and flicked her tails.

        But the Absol had already left; she'd rested a little more, eaten the last of the healing berries the Vulpix had brought her, and set out sometime before sunrise. Walking quietly in the predawn, free for a little while from the nightmares and able to think, she had no better idea of where she was going than she had the night of the storm; just fondness for her little friend who had sheltered and cared for her these last few days, and the hope that Katara would find her own peace.

        == finis ==

        = = =
        Marius.