Dawn of a New Day - Morning Mishaps

  • Jennifer Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2009
      Rays of sunlight from the rising sun peirced through the holes in the old tree the two canines had taken refuse in the previous night while the older Absol recited a story to the young Glaceon cub. Sounds from the woods surrounding the tree bringing renewed life to the area as a sign of the new dawn. Light bounced off the young puppy's closed eyes while she turned slightly half alseep to sheild herself from the warm streams of light shining through the bark. Her effort's only rewarded with a moment or two of tranquility, before the sun shifted a quarter of an inch sending the light dancing across her eyes a second time as she buried her muzzle with both paws sleepily. Drooping her ears down in mild irritation from the light. Remaining in that position for one or two minutes without any real success the young pup relanted with a quiet sigh and groggily rolled to her feet while her tail brushed the sleeping Absol at her side reminding her of the events of yesterday.

      Yawning sleepily she shook her head in an effort to wake up while she stretched her limbs out for a moment before running over to the front of the Absol and lightly nudged her with her head. "It murning Shanti so time tu wake up!" she said in a quiet tone not wishing to be rude, or disrespectful, yet she could not hide the hint of excitement which resonated in her voice and her wagging tail. The sounds of the forest alerting and refreshing her senses, filling her with the energy which only a child could muster while her mind raced over all the wonderful things that they could do today. Of which included the fulfillment of a certain promise Shanti had made about teaching her how to fish, and of course swim, today since it had been too late last night after the two of them had finished eating and found shelter for the evening. It occured to her that she should find some way to show her gratitude to the older Absol for all that she had done; yet for now she was simply too excited to dwell any further in the future than the lake.
    • Marius Peregrine
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2009
        > Yawning sleepily she shook her head in an effort to wake up while
        > she stretched her limbs out for a moment before running over to the
        > front of the Absol and lightly nudged her with her head. "It murning
        > Shanti so time tu wake up!" she said in a quiet tone not wishing to
        > be rude or disrespectful, yet she could not hide the hint of
        > excitement which resonated in her voice and her wagging tail.

        "Mm...muh?" mumbled Shanti groggily as the Glaceon cub's nudges finally penetrated her awareness. "Izzit night-time already...? Oof." She opened her eyes just a crack, then slammed them shut again. "Aww, c'mon, Ma--fer heav'n's sake, it's mornin'!" She lay like a dead thing for a few more moments as the reality of her situation seeped back in. Oh, that's right...she wasn't at home; there'd been some really long walks, the big sheep, the fermented fruit--and then the Glaceon cub, who must be the one nudging her. Yes, there was the babylike lisp, the tiny, wet little nose. It had really happened, then; Shanti's hangover from yesterday had dissipated, so her guardianship of Sapphire was no figment. She'd better get up, then; if she had a cub, she had Responsibilities.

        The Absol rolled onto her elbows and shook her head slightly. Her neck and shoulders were very sore from yesterday's fight with the Feebas. On the other paw, having finally eaten a substantial meal, she felt better overall than she had in weeks! "One head, check. One body, check. Four legs, check. Twelve toes, check. And if I'm not mistaken, that odd bit on the back of me is a tail. --Hokay, sport, I'm all here. I take it you're a day-shifter? We'll have to do something about that...but thanks for letting me sleep in anyway." She smiled and rose to her feet, then peered out over the massive tree-roots that had sheltered them for the night. "Looks safe; I think most of the dangerous creatures have gone to bed... So, what are we doing today? You ready for that swim?"

        = = =
        Marius.
      • Jennifer Jones