March 8, 2013

  • mikereallygoodquotes
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2013
      Untitled Document
      Really Good Quotes "A mind, once expanded by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
      You can read this same issue in a browser version at either of the following locations:
      http://www.reallygoodquotesonline.com

      Subscribe to RGQ
      Unsubscribe from RGQ
      Submit Reader Comment
      Submit 15 Minutes of Fame
      Submit Image or Quote
      Submit to Best of RGQ
      Submit Tip of the Day
      Submit Limerick
      Submit Photo
      View Reader Photos

      Greetings Quotaholics,

      Generally speaking I lead a very boring life, and that is a good thing. Boring = peaceful, at least it does for me. Of late, an exciting life usually means some sort of drama involving various family members of the next generation after me, my nieces, nephews, 2nd cousins and my children. Far too often the drama involves relationships or bad choices someone has made and costs me money, but mostly it's someone else's drama not mine. It gives friends and family something to talk about at the very least and at worst, keeps loved ones awake all night with worry.

      Frankly I'm too old to be having much drama in my life, just hearing about other peoples drama is exhausting. When this happens I want to rush to the aggrieved ones side to offer advice and support but I'm learning to curb those tendencies. Help is not always wanted or needed, advice is very rarely followed, and sometimes the help and advice just makes things worse.

      Don't get me wrong, I've had plenty of drama in my own personal life, but that was 'back in the day' when I was younger and crazier than now. I did a lot of wild and crazy things. I was only following the admonition of the day that 'if it feels good, do it. So I did...'it' I mean. Yes, I mean that 'IT.' We truly believed in making love, not war and so we did...On the bed, on the floor, on a towel by the door, in the yard in the dark, on a hillside in the park.** But never, ever were any animals present...(no, not that, get your mind out of the gutter.) I mean if we were being conventional that day we made sure that pets were not in the bedroom.

      I did lots of other crazy things that lots of other crazy people were doing, but it's the 'IT' part that is the subject of today's article.

      My Zimbabwe News reported that a couple was at a secluded spot in an area the northern town of Kariba when the were surprised and attacked by a lion. The woman was mauled to death.

      A friend of the couple stated that this wasn't the first time the couple had chosen an outdoor location for an amorous assignation but believed it was their first time at that particular location. (Boy, that must be some friend, to know all the particulars like that.) It was reported that the man jumped up and fled when the lion attacked from behind. The friend claims the man told him he ran to the road to seek help. Local police and armed rangers rushed to the area, but the woman had already been mauled to death but not eaten.

      Authorities from the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management believe this may be the same lion that was responsible for the death of a local man who vanished as he walked home from a nightclub. His remains were found Monday just outside of the town and a hunt is on for the lion in question. Some believe that the same lion may be responsible for both attacks and may account for the woman's only being mauled. They believe the lion may have still been full after eating the man that weekend which could explain the intact (mostly) state of the woman.

      Now I've done some wild and crazy things in my time but absolutely nothing as crazy as that. Okay, there was the hillside in the park thing but the only thing we were in danger of was getting caught by the park police.

      When I think of my own amorous adventures they seem tame in comparison. Beach sand in the nether regions and the resulting irritation pales in comparison to being mauled by a lion. Mouthing off to a couple of outlaw bikers doesn't seem as dangerous, though it could have been if I didn't have a powerful guardian angel. Note to self; next time you mouth off to anyone, first make sure you have back-up.

      So, dear readers, I am curious. Where is the craziest place you have ever gotten romantic? Ever happened across someone else getting busy in a strange place? Are you comfortable during a romantic interlude if Fido or Fluffy is in the room?

      Let us know if you wish to remain anonymous in your reply.

      **Thank you Sarah Silverman for the inspiration from your video, "I'm f***ing Matt Damon."

      GrammieSammie

      Three words you never want to hear while making love, "Honey, I'm home."
      ~George Lopez~

      How do I know when I'm finished painting? How do you know when you're finished making love?
      ~Jackson Pollock~

      Fighting for peace is like balling for chastity.
      ~Unknown~

      Comment On This Article

      Isn't it worth $1 a month to you to keep RGQ in your mailbox?  Please click the link and direct your contribution to keep RGQ going.

      Today's Quotes

      Journalism allows its readers to witness history; fiction gives its readers an opportunity to live it. - John Hersey

      The first and final thing you have to do in this world is to last in it, and not be smashed by it. - Ernest Hemingway

      Today's Chuckle

      Communication
      [Thanks dEE]

      A husband and wife were at a party chatting with some friends when the subject of marriage counseling came up.

      "Oh, we'll never need that. My wife and I have a great relationship," the husband explained. "She was a communications major in college and I majored in theatre arts." He continued, "She communicates well and I act like I'm listening."

      Life Sentences

      They were looking for actors - real actors - who could play instruments. There was a lot of improvisation and scene work involved in addition to the music. The auditions went on for a long time.

      I'm now learning how to distinguish when I'm acting and when I'm not acting - offstage as well as onstage.

      When I do my solo concerts, I'm used to being on the stage for two hours solid, singing 16 songs. And when I did 'Funny Thing,' I was on the stage the whole time. This is much more difficult. It's the difference between racing and sprinting. This is sprinting. And I have to learn to pace myself. - all from Micky Dolenz, American musician, singer, songwriter, actor (The Monkeys), born on this day in 1945

      Subscribe to reallygoodquotes