Re: points east

  • darrenwlsy
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 10 12:53 PM
      --- ccc <ccc@...> wrote:

      > i'd like to pick your brains
      >
      > many will recall back in the old days we ran a special label -
      > points east - to release interesting and experimental music from
      > eastern europe. there were some great releases, still great today.
      > I'd like to collect them all together into a 10-12 D box, adding
      > Raab & IBittova/Fajt CDs to the PE edition, and a CD of recent
      > work by the same groups and individuals. Plus a substantial book,
      > of course, dealing with how it was for them then, how it changed,
      > how it is now and a general overview. I'd try to make it as cheap
      > as possible, not more than £45- £50 for 10-12 CDs. (too much, too
      > little?)

      Sounds like a lot of quality for our cash does that.

      > would this be interesting? I think it would have to be a
      > subscription edition, mainly - you can imagine the production
      > costs for 1000 would be considerable, and the passing interest
      > negligible, so this could only happen i think if there was
      > sufficient interest. this mail asks for your suggestions, and
      > wishes to gauge that interest.
      >
      > please let me know what you think
      >
      > thanks

      I'm another interested party... ReR's dedication to quality of music
      plus attention to details in the production department, speaks for
      itself...
    • Andy Wilson
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 16 4:54 AM
        while i'm on the subject;

        EVENT TITLE - KINO ANKST

        DATE - FRIDAY DECEMBER THE 1ST 2006

        LOCATION - ICA, THE MALL, LONDON SW1 ( Cinema 1 +2/ BAR )

        VENUE+BOOKING INFO - WWW.ICA.ORG.UK/02079303647

        ICA PRESS OFFICE – EMMA PETTIT 02077661406 /EMMAP@...

        SCREENING TIMES/PRICES

        Fri Dec 1st – CINEMA 1 – 8.30 – FAUST: NOBODY KNOWS IF IT EVER
        HAPPENED(2006) + Q&A + ENTRY INTO CLUB NIGHT(KOSMISCHE DJ’S)
        £9 Full £8 conc £7 members

        Fri Dec 1st – CINEMA 2 – 6.30 – Y LLEILL(THE OTHERS)(2005)
        Sat Dec 2nd – CINEMA 2 – 6.30 – Y LLEILL(THE OTHERS)(2005)

        DESCRIPTION - ANKSTMUSIK will be premiering their new film about German
        krautrock legends FAUST called NOBODY KNOWS IF IT EVER HAPPENED(2006) at
        the main cinema in The ICA. JEAN HERVE PERON from FAUST will be
        attending the screening of NOBODY KNOWS IF IT EVER HAPPENED and doing a
        Q+A session with ANDY WILSON, author of the newly released FAUST book
        FAUST:STRETCH OUT TIME 1970-1975. The film NOBODY KNOWS IF IT EVR
        HAPPENED is a concert film featuring the band at the height of their
        powers playing an explosive concert at The Garage, London back in
        December 1996.

        After the screening in the bar the DJ’s from London’s KOSMICHE Club and
        radio show will provide post screening musical entertainment, this
        includes the promise of brand new Faust music (The band will be
        releasing an album of new music in 2007). The FAUST film will be
        premiering at The ICA exactly ten years to the day of the actual
        extraordinary concert featured in the film NOBODY KNOWS IF IT EVER HAPPENED.

        Earlier in the evening ANKSTMUSIK will also be showing their award
        winning debut feature production Y LLEILL(THE OTHERS) in Cinema 2 (with
        a second performance on Saturday).

        This BAFTA award winning bi-lingual ( Welsh and English) first feature
        from EMYR GLYN WILLIAMS (ankstmusik boss and producer of both Y LLEILL
        and NOBODY KNOWS IF IT EVER HAPPENED) is a contemporary tale about music
        and other less important things.

        FILM DETAILS

        FAUST: NOBODY KNOWS IF IT EVER HAPPENED ( 2006)
        A concert film 90 minutes / colour
        ankstmusik productions

        'In the midst of FAUST’s music time ticks like a bomb!'
        Faust manifesto(1973)

        STARRING…
        Jean Herve Peron
        Werner ‘Zappi’ Diermaier
        Hans Joachim Irmler
        Steven Wray Lobdell
        Insa Winkler

        On Sunday 1st of December 1996 legendary Krautrock pioneers FAUST played
        an explosive concert at The Garage, London. NOBODY KNOWS IF IT EVER
        HAPPENED is a record of that extraordinary concert. The film is faithful
        to the sound, fury and disorientation of their performance as it takes
        the viewer into the thrilling ‘here and now’ of that packed venue on
        that winter evening... The band’s usual instrumentation was augmented on
        the night by amplified power tools, arc welders, hay threshing machinery
        and in an evening of action painting, nudity, destruction and creation
        the band more than lived up to their promise of creating more of a
        happening than a standard concert.

        Y LLEILL(THE OTHERS) 88 mins (15)
        Welsh with English subtitles/Colour
        WINNER ! BEST FILM BAFTA(CYMRU) 2005
        WINNER ! BEST FILM SWANSEA BAY FILM FESTIVAL 2006
        RUNNER-UP! AUDIENCE AWARD CARDIFF SCREEN FESTIVAL 2005

        Y LLEILL(THE OTHERS) is a bi-lingual film about music and other less
        important things. The lives of a group of young aimless musicians ( Y
        LLEILL ) are examined as they play two concerts over a wintry weekend in
        North Wales. The importance of music to the individuals and the society
        they exist in is examined in the film. Music is played, recorded,
        stolen, attacked and censored. As 'Y LLEILL' play their music the
        hypocrisy and deceit that exists between the young characters and the
        resistance to their music that exists in the wider Welsh society is
        revealed. Manipulative guitarist and singer Pati (Rhian Green) starts
        the film by stealing the records she can't afford and sets Y LLEILL on a
        collision course with the established order. Meanwhile lead singer Rob (
        John Reynolds) is a different kind of thief who blindly follows his
        desires oblivious to family and friends. These fragile relationships are
        set to explode on stage as the band edge towards one last truly
        'revolutionary' performance. A contemporary tale shot through with
        politics, small town paranoia and rock n roll.

        www.ankst.co.uk / emyr@... / 01248 450 155