unique concert in Glasgow

  • ccc
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 10, 2006
      hi

      maybe of interest to some

      On 4th NOVEMBER
      A one-off event at
      City Halls Candleriggs, Glasgow, G1 1NQ.

      Programme

      1. P45 (III) (Cutler). The BBC Scottish Orchestra and soloists Zeena Parkins, John Rose, John Oswald and Chris Cutler. (premiere)

      2. JOHN OSWALD. Pieces for Orchestra. (premiere in UK)

      Conductor Ilan Volkov

      19.30  £10

      http://www.glasgowcityhalls.com/cityhalls/index.cfm?&pid=600&mid=2&EvNum=48944

      BBC have done practically zero promotion outside the classical music public in glasgow, so please pass this around if you know people in the area
      thanks

      chris cutler

      79 Beulah Rd.
      Thornton Heath
      Surrey CR7 8JG
      UK

      www.ccutler.com
    • Mario BUCCI
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 10, 2006

        Oh god! Wish I could be there ….

        Mario

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 10, 2006
          I will certainly need to make an effort to be there.

          It's not often we get this type of music in this part of the world.

          --- In ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com, ccc <ccc@...> wrote:

          > hi
          >
          > maybe of interest to some
          >
          > On 4th NOVEMBER
          > A one-off event at
          > City Halls Candleriggs, Glasgow, G1 1NQ.
          >
          > Programme
          >
          > 1. P45 (III) (Cutler). The BBC Scottish Orchestra and soloists
          Zeena
          > Parkins, John Rose, John Oswald and Chris Cutler. (premiere)
          >
          > 2. JOHN OSWALD. Pieces for Orchestra. (premiere in UK)
          >
          > Conductor Ilan Volkov
          >
          > 19.30 £10
          >
          > http://www.glasgowcityhalls.com/cityhalls/index.cfm?
          &pid=600&mid=2&EvNum=48944

          > BBC have done practically zero promotion outside the classical
          music public
          > in glasgow, so please pass this around if you know people in the
          area
          > thanks

          > chris cutler
          >
          > 79 Beulah Rd.
          > Thornton Heath
          > Surrey CR7 8JG
          > UK
          >
          > www.ccutler.com

        • Kjeld Jensen
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 10, 2006
            Sounds very interesting. Any idea when it will be broadcast? The same
            evening or later? I assume it will be available on the BBC Radio
            player for a week afterwards, so even those outside the UK should be
            able to listen in.

            First time for CC with a symphony orchestra since Star's End?

            Kjeld

            --- In ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com, ccc <ccc@...> wrote:

            > hi
            >
            > maybe of interest to some
            >
            > On 4th NOVEMBER
            > A one-off event at
            > City Halls Candleriggs, Glasgow, G1 1NQ.
            >
            > Programme
            >
            > 1. P45 (III) (Cutler). The BBC Scottish Orchestra and soloists Zeena
            > Parkins, John Rose, John Oswald and Chris Cutler. (premiere)
            >
            > 2. JOHN OSWALD. Pieces for Orchestra. (premiere in UK)
            >
            > Conductor Ilan Volkov
            >
            > 19.30 £10

            http://www.glasgowcityhalls.com/cityhalls/index.cfm?&pid=600&mid=2&EvNum=48944

            > BBC have done practically zero promotion outside the classical music
            public
            > in glasgow, so please pass this around if you know people in the area
            > thanks

            > chris cutler
            >
            > 79 Beulah Rd.
            > Thornton Heath
            > Surrey CR7 8JG
            > UK
            >
            > www.ccutler.com

          • ccc
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 10, 2006
              > > Any idea when it will be broadcast?

              no. i think it's recorded for here and now but i don't have a date

              > First time for CC with a symphony orchestra since Star's End?

              no, actually, i have played with a couple of orchestras since then, the
              opera orchestra of bologna and the theatre orchestra in Nordhausen..

              c.
              chris cutler

              79 Beulah Rd.
              Thornton Heath
              Surrey CR7 8JG
              UK

              www.ccutler.com
            • Steven Fligelstone
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 25, 2006
                Took a little while to get tickets. The online booking system seems to be for show only and when talking to the Box Office, the only description of the event that they could deal with was 'BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra on 4th November'. All the other names, descriptions, titles that I ventured caused nowt but confusion. Still, we got there in the end, which brings me to my main point:

                I'll be driving up to Glasgow with a friend from Lancaster early afternoon the 4th (Saturday) and plan to return in the wee small hours after the concert. Could carry up to four more passengers. Pick-ups en route may also be possible, within reason (we don't have that much slack, time-wise). Could also offer a stop-over at our house Saturday night (bring a sleeping bag), although rather busy on Sunday, so you would need to make your own getaway arrangements. If any of this is of any interest to anyone, drop me a line privately.

                Needless to say, I am really looking forward to this concert.

                Steve