Re: [ReRmegacorp] Henry Cow box

  • ccc
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 27, 2006
      > I suspect it will take some rather wonderful content to convince me to
      part with even more >money. Any chance of the extras being available
      separately at some later date?

      this is a small special edition of 200 copies and we are categorically not
      trying to make anyone buy all this stuff again. it's just a collectors box
      for a few people who would like the material presented in this way. the 8cm
      extra CD is not meant to sucker anyone into buying the rest.

      There will - I hope, the band seem to be approaching agreement - be a few
      CDs worth of unreleased material gathered in the next year or so, so there
      will be more. But this 8cm souvenir item will not be released separately;
      it wouldn't make sense.

      i hope that makes sense?

      chris cutler

      79 Beulah Rd.
      Thornton Heath
      Surrey CR7 8JG
      UK

      www.ccutler.com
    • iainkitt1
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 25, 2006
        Any sign of the Henry Cow box yet? Held off buying 'Concerts' and now
        I'm jealous of all those people saying how good it is!

        Iain
      • ccc
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 25, 2006
          >any sign of the Henry Cow box yet? Held off buying 'Concerts' and now
          >I'm jealous of all those people saying how good it is!

          fid def

          yes,

          sorry it takes a little while
          the box is still waiting the facsimile concerts cover for completion

          not long now
          - shipping from japan

          you waited decades for a properly re-mastered concerts
          so a week or two surely is a drop in the ocean

          and you'll have the tiny edition box version... a thing of rare beauty

          chris cutler

          79 Beulah Rd.
          Thornton Heath
          Surrey CR7 8JG
          UK

          www.ccutler.com
        • darrenwlsy
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 3, 2006
            --- In ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com, ccc <ccc@...> wrote:

            I need some clarification before I make a purchase here...

            > this is a small special edition of 200 copies and we are
            > categorically not trying to make anyone buy all this stuff again.
            > it's just a collectors box for a few people who would like the
            > material presented in this way. the 8cm extra CD is not meant
            > to sucker anyone into buying the rest.

            This box set with the extra 8cm CD is this one on the Megacorp site,
            Chris?
            http://www.rermegacorp.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=
            PROD&Store_Code=RM&Product_Code=henryCowFac&Category_Code=CU

            > There will - I hope, the band seem to be approaching agreement -
            > be a few CDs worth of unreleased material gathered in the next
            > year or so, so there will be more. But this 8cm souvenir item will
            > not be released separately; it wouldn't make sense.
            >
            > i hope that makes sense?

            The thing that's confusing me, is there appears to be being sold,
            separately on eBay at least, the Concerts double CD itself with the
            8cm souvenir CD shown as promo, one example here:
            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&item=200040581373

            This is a Japanese release... I'm presumsing this is the same Concerts
            CD and 8cm souvenir taken from your box set?
          • ccc@megacorp.u-net.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 4, 2006
              excuse brevity, in glasgow and computer malfunction. internet cafe now

              darrenwlsy writes:
              > This box set with the extra 8cm CD is this one on the Megacorp site

              yes

              ://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&item=200040581373

              > This is a Japanese release... I'm presuming this is the same Concerts
              > CD and 8cm souvenir taken from your box set?

              yes, there is a limited japanese release of just the two CDs

              best

            • Andy Wilson
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 27, 2006
                ccc wrote:
                > >any sign of the Henry Cow box yet? Held off buying 'Concerts' and now
                > >I'm jealous of all those people saying how good it is!
                >
                > fid def

                any news of a shipping date yet, chris?

                --

                [][][] Andy Wilson | Mob: +44 (0)7739 908 253
                [][] Managing Director | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 27, 2006
                  hi andy

                  the cow boxes are being assembled and sent out this week
                  so you should get it soon

                  by the way we are getting a few more of the deleted faust Land of Ukko & Rauni in stock

                  best

                  > >any sign of the Henry Cow box yet? Held off buying 'Concerts' and now
                  > >I'm jealous of all those people saying how good it is!
                  >
                  > fid def

                  any news of a shipping date yet, chris?

                  --

                  [][][] Andy Wilson | Mob: +44 (0)7739 908 253
                  [][] Managing Director | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
                  [] [] LShift Ltd | Web: http://www.lshift.net

                • Alan
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 2, 2007
                    Hi. I was wondering if there is any updated information regarding the
                    release of unreleased Henry Cow material (the email below is from
                    Sept. 27).

                    Sometimes I think it would also be interesting to hear a Henry Cow
                    remix project like what was done with Art Bears. Don't you think?

                    Alan

                    --- In ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com, ccc <ccc@...> wrote:

                    > There will - I hope, the band seem to be approaching agreement - be
                    a few
                    > CDs worth of unreleased material gathered in the next year or so,
                    so there
                    > will be more. But this 8cm souvenir item will not be released
                    separately;
                    > it wouldn't make sense.
                    >
                    > i hope that makes sense?

                    > chris cutler
                    >
                    > 79 Beulah Rd.
                    > Thornton Heath
                    > Surrey CR7 8JG
                    > UK
                    >
                    > www.ccutler.com

                  • trondis23
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 3, 2007
                      --- In ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <muslchead@...> wrote:

                      > Hi. I was wondering if there is any updated information regarding
                      the
                      > release of unreleased Henry Cow material (the email below is from
                      > Sept. 27).
                      >
                      > Sometimes I think it would also be interesting to hear a Henry Cow
                      > remix project like what was done with Art Bears. Don't you think?
                      >
                      > Alan

                      Agreed, especially since the group already have released some remixes
                      themselves that are now unavailable. I am thinking of the ESD Henry
                      Cow box that had a remix on In Praise of Learning. (Lovers of Gold?)

                      best

                      Trondis
                    • Mario BUCCI
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 3, 2007

                        I am not sure I would call ‘Lovers of Gold’ a “remix”. It is more of a radically alternative use of some basic ‘raw’ material with lyrics and singing added – the “original” being instrumental only. I have loved ‘Lovers of Gold’ so much – to me it was a real surprise – and I have since wondered what could be done with other songs/pieces. Personally however I would like the “remixes” to be done by former HC members, as was the case with ‘Lovers of Gold’.

                        cheers

                        mario

                        Message 11 of 16 , May 3, 2007
                          > I am not sure I would call 'Lovers of Gold' a "remix".
                          >... [it's an] alternative use of some basic 'raw' material with lyrics and
                          > singing added - the "original" being instrumental only.

                          in fact we added the text when we first recorded the piece and then took it
                          off again for the final mix, so what everyone thinks of as the original is
                          in fact already a kind of remix. recording is like that..