Re: Lindsay Cooper Compilation

  • Hal Dean
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 6 9:10 AM
      I have no resources, contacts, or anything constructive to offer for this project. However, as a lover of Lindsay's music, I must say I would be grateful for release of any of the music that is in discussion here.

      I'm American. i visited Glasgow in 1990 and just happened to arrive when Glasgow was the European City of the Year (I think that is the right name of the accolade), with lots pf performances underway. A dance troupe performed with music by Lindsay, played by a live group. i talked someone else at the Youth Hostel into going with me. It was incredibly moving and beautiful. I've long hoped some of Lindsay's dance music would see the light of day.

      So, please, anyone that has the cassettes, open reel tapes, LPs, whatever the raw materials are for this project, get them to Udi and/or Chris or someone who can make it happen!

      Warm regards to all,
      Hal dean
    • aleachilli
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 19, 2013

        I have digitized the Feminist Improvising Group cassette, apparently impossible to find anywhere.

        You can download it in flac files from

        http://we.tl/sYVqDVTHY5

        where it will stay until November 26th and then will be deleted.

        Best

        Alessandro

        ---In rermegacorp@yahoogroups.com, <howldin@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Rudolph Carrera
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 19, 2013
          Alessandro;

          Thank you kindly for taking the time to do this!

          --
          Regards,

          Rudy Carrera
          Los Angeles, California, USA - Skopje, Macedonia - And wherever I end up next
          http://clcx.org/
          http://rudycarrera.com/
          http://amiscellany.info/
        • Renato Moraes

            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 20, 2013
              Thank you. Will enjoy at my leisure.

              John

              Sent from my iPhone

[...]

            • ayejayeye
              Message 6 of 28 , Nov 20, 2013

                Hi Alessandro

                Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

                I will enjoy at my leisure

                Best wishes

                John

                ---In ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com, <ndbabele@...> wrote:

[...]

              • Dan Coffey

                  Message 8 of 28 , Nov 20, 2013
                    How wonderful!  will listen to this tonight, with joy.

                    Many thanks.
                  • ccrercc
                    Message 9 of 28 , Nov 21, 2013
                      ha alessandro

                      thanks

                      just for everyone's information, all of lindsay's recordings are being
                      catalogued and there will be - at last - a memorial CD or collection of
                      CDs of unavailable or unreleased works.

                      we are also trying to organise a large-scale memorial concert in 2014

                      best