Re: Lindsay Cooper Compilation

  • Fred Janosy
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 6, 2013
      Hello ! Frederic here...I am the one who suggested this project and I am the last one to do anything about it. Unfortunately I am over my head in responsibilities these days and am unable to contribute to this project. I hope someone out there can...perhaps Udi in collaboration with Chris Cutler. I can certainly support the project financially...above and beyond just buying a CD. At least
      I will keep looking here for potential progress and hope I can help
      Thank you
      Frederic
    • Hal Dean
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 6, 2013
        I have no resources, contacts, or anything constructive to offer for this project. However, as a lover of Lindsay's music, I must say I would be grateful for release of any of the music that is in discussion here.

        I'm American. i visited Glasgow in 1990 and just happened to arrive when Glasgow was the European City of the Year (I think that is the right name of the accolade), with lots pf performances underway. A dance troupe performed with music by Lindsay, played by a live group. i talked someone else at the Youth Hostel into going with me. It was incredibly moving and beautiful. I've long hoped some of Lindsay's dance music would see the light of day.

        So, please, anyone that has the cassettes, open reel tapes, LPs, whatever the raw materials are for this project, get them to Udi and/or Chris or someone who can make it happen!

        Warm regards to all,
        Hal dean
      • aleachilli
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 19, 2013

          I have digitized the Feminist Improvising Group cassette, apparently impossible to find anywhere.

          You can download it in flac files from

          http://we.tl/sYVqDVTHY5

          where it will stay until November 26th and then will be deleted.

          Best

          Alessandro

          ---In rermegacorp@yahoogroups.com, <howldin@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Rudolph Carrera
          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 19, 2013
            Alessandro;

            Thank you kindly for taking the time to do this!

            --
            Regards,

            Rudy Carrera
            Los Angeles, California, USA - Skopje, Macedonia - And wherever I end up next
            http://clcx.org/
            http://rudycarrera.com/
            http://amiscellany.info/
          • Renato Moraes

              Message 6 of 28 , Nov 20, 2013
                Thank you. Will enjoy at my leisure.

                John

                Sent from my iPhone

[...]

              • ayejayeye
                Message 7 of 28 , Nov 20, 2013

                  Hi Alessandro

                  Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

                  I will enjoy at my leisure

                  Best wishes

                  John

                  ---In ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com, <ndbabele@...> wrote:

[...]

                • Dan Coffey

                    Message 9 of 28 , Nov 20, 2013
                      How wonderful!  will listen to this tonight, with joy.

                      Many thanks.
                    • ccrercc
                      Message 10 of 28 , Nov 21, 2013
                        ha alessandro

                        thanks

                        just for everyone's information, all of lindsay's recordings are being
                        catalogued and there will be - at last - a memorial CD or collection of
                        CDs of unavailable or unreleased works.

                        we are also trying to organise a large-scale memorial concert in 2014

                        best