Re: The Pointy Birds

  • vinylfrenzy
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 29, 2012
      OK - final time-lapse posting on this thread. Another Pointy Birds enthusiast found my posting here and sent me the following link to the cassette that the Pointy Birds used to sell at their gigs in the late 80s. Its great stuff and of interest to a number of ReR enthusiasts.

      https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50157944/Pointy%20Birds%201987.zip

      I'm not sure if this is the same recording that Steve Blake told me many years ago had been offered a release on Rer/Recommneded (don't even know if that claim is correct? Chris?) but either way its a great document of a great 'lost' band.

      Charlie

      --- In ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com, "vinylfrenzy" <vinylfrenzy@...> wrote:

      > 5 years later........a YouTube video has amazingly appeared -
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnA3d1mytBc (doesn't John Edwards look young!!!
      > - but still no recordings to my knowledge. Does anyone know anything more or different?
      > One of my all time favourite live bands.
      > Charlie
      >
      > --- In ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie M" <charlie.m@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The Pointy Birds were a brilliant quirky London based squawk-jazz ensemble
      > > who included John Edwards and Steve Blake among others I've now forgotten. I
      > > used to see them play a lot in the late 80s around London. They were a great
      > > energetic live experience.
      > >
      > > Steve Blake told me back then that they had tentatively agreed to release an
      > > album they had recorded through Recommended/ReR. This never (to my
      > > knowledge) came to fruition. Does anyone know if they ever released it
      > > elsewhere? I've never been able to find ANY recordings by them which is a
      > > real shame. A small consolation is knowing that that master tape sits
      > > somewhere awaiting label interest....
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Charlie
      > > Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
      > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      > > 13:39

    • michel ramond
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 4, 2012
        http://www.orkhestra.fr/catalog.php?FIND=RER0312

        Is this CD a part of the Cassiber box?
        Will it be sent in advance to the box set subscribers?
        best,
      • Mario Bucci
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
          Has anyone on the list already received the first CD? I heard one person (Alfred Harth) has received it a few days ago .... but maybe that was a special treatment

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
            I’ve got a message from ReR saying that my copy will be sent soon....................

            m.

            Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 4:44 PM
            Subject: Re: [ReRmegacorp] cassiber boxset

            Has anyone on the list already received the first CD? I heard one person (Alfred Harth) has received it a few days ago .... but maybe that was a special treatment

            Will it be sent in advance to the box set subscribers?
            best,

          • Darren
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
              I received mine today...

              Beautiful artwork accompanying the CD... stunning music, and dig those titles...

            • JTweddell@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
                Mine turned up on Wednesday -  and excellent it is to. Can't wait for the rest of the box in or around February.

                John