Louise

  • Fred Janosy
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 6, 2012
      Hello ! Top Sounds ( http://topsoundsrecords.co.uk/lookatthesun_tracks.html) has just released a psychedelic compilation with 2 songs from the band LOUISE who's drummer was CHRIS CUTLER.
      They are taken from acetates but, of course, are interesting timepieces (is there such a word ?)

      I was curious if, Chris, you might have a few moments to write a few lines about these 2 songs, and of course about your time in LOUISE. I'm sure you would have a few interested people wanting to read this.

      OK...whenever
      Thank you
      Fred Janosy
    • ccc@megacorp.u-net.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 7, 2012
        > 2 songs from the band LOUISE
        > I was curious if, Chris, you might have a few moments to write a few
        > lines about these 2 songs, and of course about your time in LOUISE. I'm
        > sure you would have a few interested people wanting to read this.

        will take a day or two, up to my neck at the moment (studio,france)

      • ccc@megacorp.u-net.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 27, 2012
          From: "James Peter" <jpeter183@...>

          I'd like to ask Chris whether there are any plans to release an Artaud
          Beats CD - live or studio?

          hi peter

          thanks for asking
          there are plans.
          we made a cdr compilation for the tour in japan
          and are compiling a CD for release -
          hopefully before xmas.

          live, it's a live kind of a band

          speaking of which, i just finalised the cassiber live CD for the box
          - it's possibly better than any of the individual studio album; cassiber
          was a live band too - like henry cow...and certainly the A beats

          best

        • pupeej

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 28, 2012
              That's fantastic news - on both counts! Many thanks, Chris.

            • ccc@megacorp.u-net.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 28, 2012
                > Hello ! Top Sounds (
                > http://topsoundsrecords.co.uk/lookatthesun_tracks.html) has just released
                > a psychedelic compilation with 2 songs from the band LOUISE who's drummer
                > was CHRIS CUTLER.
                >> I was curious if, Chris, you might have a few moments to write a few lines
                > about these 2 songs, and of course about your time in LOUISE.

                hi fred

                i will. it may take a while though; i'm in the usa for the next 10 days
                then czech and poland and berlin through to early november, at the same
                time as trying to complete the online versions of texts for the PROBES
                programmes 3 and 4 and prepare the next 2 probe auxiliaries and edit a
                long academic article to a deadline, juggle the rose box and the new (late
                entry) cassiber CD layouts and manufacture and get the download site ready
                for launch before xmas.. all happening at once... but i will...

                best

              • ccc@megacorp.u-net.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 28, 2012

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 28, 2012
                    Thank you...take your time
                    Fred

                    > a psychedelic compilation with 2 songs from the band LOUISE who's drummer
                    > was CHRIS CUTLER.
                    >> I was curious if, Chris, you might have a few moments to write a few lines
                    > about these 2 songs, and of course about your time in LOUISE.

                    hi fred

                    i will. it may take a while though; i'm in the usa for the next 10 days
                    then czech and poland and berlin through to early november, at the same
                    time as trying to complete the online versions of texts for the PROBES
                    programmes 3 and 4 and prepare the next 2 probe auxiliaries and edit a
                    long academic article to a deadline, juggle the rose box and the new (late
                    entry) cassiber CD layouts and manufacture and get the download site ready
                    for launch before xmas.. all happening at once... but i will...

                    best

                  • Dan Coffey
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 28, 2012
                      While we're waiting on Chris, a quick question - I'm assuming Louise pre-dates The Cow?

                      On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Fred Janosy <pupeej@...> wrote:

                      Thank you...take your time
                      Fred

                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 28, 2012
                        Absolutely...it sure sounds 1967 or 1968, more 1968 is my guess !!
                        Fred

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 30, 2012
                          by some years

                          66,67, 68 but bob chudley and tony durant were both in the first ottwa
                          company project
                          immediately before i joined hc (so was bob bery with whom bob chudley and
                          i formed a trio after louise broke up, and we performed the whole of one
                          of the long pieces we'd rehearsed and i think never performed live).

                          > While we're waiting on Chris, a quick question - I'm assuming Louise
                          > pre-dates The Cow?
                          >

                          > On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Fred Janosy <pupeej@...> wrote:
                          >
                          >> **
                          >>

                          >> Thank you...take your time
                          >> Fred
                          >>
                          >> ------------------------------

                        • ccrercc
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 25, 2013
                            hi all

                            probe 2 auxiliary is now online here

                            http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes2-2_chris_cutler_/capsula

                            best

                          • pupeej
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 25, 2013
                              Thank you Chris!
                              Seeing as the the subject matter to this post was "Louise" (!!??) I'll repost my query about Louise from a few monthes back...if you have a bit of time for it
                              Thanks again

                              Hello ! Top Sounds (
                              >> > http://topsoundsrecords.co.uk/lookatthesun_tracks.html) has just
                              >> released
                              >> > a psychedelic compilation with 2 songs from the band LOUISE who's
                              >> drummer
                              >> > was CHRIS CUTLER.
                              >> lines
                              >> > about these 2 songs, and of course about your time in LOUISE.
                              1) Toymaker's Shop
                              2) Look At The Sun