Re: [ReRmegacorp] Rare Lindsay Cooper footage

  • david fenech
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2012
      Never seen Phil Minton playing trumpet , also !
      David
      --
         david fenech
         http://davidfenech.fr

      On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Mario Bucci <iccub59oiram@...> wrote:

      Thank you very much. Although I personally find it a bit annoying that concert footage has been edited with "leisure time" images, it is nonetheless amazing. This could actually mean that there exists a video recording of the whole concert ... and with Chris and Veryan Weston!

      Thank you again for pointing this out.
      M.

        > This could actually mean that there exists a video recording of the
        whole concert ...

        unhappily not, i did check this, with alfred harth who knows the
        film-maker, and it
        seems he didn't take the whole concert.

        best

      • ccc@megacorp.u-net.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2012
          hi all

          > This could actually mean that there exists a video recording of the
          whole concert ...

          unhappily not, i did check this, with alfred harth who knows the
          film-maker, and it
          seems he didn't take the whole concert.

          best

          > ________________________________

        • Mario Bucci
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 10, 2012
            I confirm. After I spread the word about this video footage, a friend of mine actually got in touch with the film-maker. He explained that he used to be the producer of a TV cultural programme (which no longer exists), and that video was produced in the framework of that programme. He says they only shot that one song since it was meant only to document the event, not broadcast the concert.

            Too bad.

            Cheers,
            m.

            > This could actually mean that there exists a video recording of the
            whole concert ...

            unhappily not, i did check this, with alfred harth who knows the
            film-maker, and it
            seems he didn't take the whole concert.

            best

          • James Peter
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 24, 2012
              A magnificent clip; my sincerest thanks. Lovely to see Lindsay at the height of her powers. And what a stellar line-up! Chris is as visually arresting as ever, too; simultaneously fluid, imaginative, fleet and powerful. What a profoundly underrated drummer!