Half the Sky

  • Fred Janosy
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010
      As concerns the Henry Cow piece "Half the Sky"
      1) On the LP "Western Culture" the piece starts abruptly, if you will, as opposed to the CD ( ReR HC4) where it seems to fade in, albeit very quickly.To get technical the CD loses 1/2 a second at most. Is it just me or is there a tiny glitch here? (or more importantly, does it really matter!)

      2) Also on "Western Culture" it is credited to COOPER/HODGKINSON whereas everywhere else (re: 40th Ann. Box set) it is credited only to COOPER!  Who actually composed the piece ?

      Who knows??

      Thank you all
      Frederic

    • luna negra, S.C.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010

        Hi, everyone.

        Hi, Fred:

        1)      Can’t tell you as I don’t have a turntable at hand. The fade in is almost unnoticeable, at least for me.

        2)      ½ the Sky (actually the whole side 2) is credited to Cooper, only. Credited to Cooper/Hodgkinson on the CD (East Side Digital) but I guess this is a mistake because of the bonus tracks here included: “Viva Pa Ubu”, “Look Back (alt)” and “Slice”.

        Help here Chris!

        See you,

        Juan José

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2010
          hi,
          On the original Broadcast Records LP, 1/2 the Sky is credited to both LC & TH (the inner label of Side 2 says: “All titles by Lindsay Cooper except IV by Lindsay & Tim Hodgkinson”)
          Hope it helps,
          michel