Lindsay Cooper Compilation

  • Fred Janosy
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 2, 2010
      Thank you for the Query on the L.Cooper CDR. I have been very busy and the rest of the time, very lazy! This will help me get to it. Hang on a little longer.
      Frederic

    • Fred Janosy
      Message 2 of 28 , Oct 10, 2010
        Hello! Ok I have re-read all the messages that everyone sent regarding the Lindsay Cooper compilations and it is really inspiring. Lot's of support!
        Allesandro suggested the following as a possible list for the first of these CD's, which as he points out would have to be a double CD.

        "1. Stuff from cassettes only: but they would anyway exceed 80 minutes. A double cd may include all of them: The Small Screen + Outtakes for Other Occasions + F.I.G. + those 3 tracks from Bad Alchemy #2, 1 from Bad Alchemy #3 and 3 from the Tellus tape."

        P.S. what is F.I.G. ??

        I am inclined to agree with this choice. I would like to add
        - Pictures from the great Exhibition - 45 rpm on Recommended
        - "Education" song on ReQuat 0101

        As to whether all this can fit even on a double cdr will have to be worked out. But I want to start gathering this material, as close to the source as possible of course. Chris Cutler has suggested he could help put me in contact with several key players and I will write to him next.

        There are a couple of possibilities for shaving off some minutes. 1 track from Bad Alchemy #2 is already on the cd "Music for other occasions" as a bonus track.
        Also a couple of tracks on "The Small Screen" are also on the same cd (8 of 18 tracks to be precise)

        So here we are. I propose we go ahead with these choices and at a later date we consider a Vol.2 and a Vol.3 etc etc.
        Let's re-open this dialogue and make it happen (This is me talking to my brain...

        Frederic

      • Darren
        Message 3 of 28 , Oct 10, 2010
          Hi Frederic,

          FIG = Feminist Improvising Group

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsay_Cooper

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminist_Improvising_Group

          Regards
          Darren

          --- In ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com, Fred Janosy <pupeej@...> wrote:

          > Hello! Ok I have re-read all the messages that everyone sent regarding the
          > Lindsay Cooper compilations and it is really inspiring. Lot's of support!
          > Allesandro suggested the following as a possible list for the first of these
          > CD's, which as he points out would have to be a double CD.
          >

          > "1. Stuff from cassettes only: but they would anyway exceed 80 minutes. A
          > double cd may include all of them: The Small Screen + Outtakes for Other
          > Occasions + F.I.G. + those 3 tracks from Bad Alchemy #2, 1 from Bad Alchemy #3
          > and 3 from the Tellus tape."
          >
          > P.S. what is F.I.G. ??
          >
          > I am inclined to agree with this choice. I would like to add
          > - Pictures from the great Exhibition - 45 rpm on Recommended
          > - "Education" song on ReQuat 0101
          >
          > As to whether all this can fit even on a double cdr will have to be worked out.
          > But I want to start gathering this material, as close to the source as possible
          > of course. Chris Cutler has suggested he could help put me in contact with
          > several key players and I will write to him next.
          >

          > There are a couple of possibilities for shaving off some minutes. 1 track from
          > Bad Alchemy #2 is already on the cd "Music for other occasions" as a bonus
          > track.
          > Also a couple of tracks on "The Small Screen" are also on the same cd (8 of 18
          > tracks to be precise)
          >
          > So here we are. I propose we go ahead with these choices and at a later date we
          > consider a Vol.2 and a Vol.3 etc etc.
          > Let's re-open this dialogue and make it happen (This is me talking to my
          > brain...
          >
          > Frederic

        • Fred Janosy
          Message 4 of 28 , Jan 16, 2011
            Ok here is  my suggestion for the first LC compilation

            1) Pictures from the Great Exhibition - Single issued with "RAGS"
            2) Outtakes for Other Occasions - Cassette release only
            3) Bad Alchemy 2 and 3 - Cassette releases
            4) "Education" - song featured on RE-QUAT 0101
            5) Small Screen - Cassette on SYNC PULSE
            6) Cooper Nicols Leandre - Live at the Bastille - LP on SYNC PULSE

            - I have not yet timed all of this and it might require a double CDR release. This might be filled out as we all suggest other things to include.

            -  I believe the BAD ALCHEMY cassettes are found and on their way to be remastered ? Hello Udo Koomrans !!

            -  We still need to locate OUTTAKES FOR OTHER OCCASIONS which is the item that launched this project. Does anyone have this ?? URGENT!!

            - Hello Chris Cutler.Would you be able to help with items # 1, 4, 5, 6.??

            - About the SMALL SCREEN cassette. As I mentioned in my last message, some of this has appeared elsewhere so we can cut down some time here.

            OK. I apologize for not being more active with this lately but I am not always sure what to do.I will try and post some kind of message more often and  I can be contacted at
            pupeej@... or allcomdown@...

            Ok let's keep on keeping on
            Frederic

          • ukoomran
            Message 5 of 28 , Jan 18, 2011
              --- In ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com, Fred Janosy <pupeej@...> wrote:

              > - I believe the BAD ALCHEMY cassettes are found and on their way to be
              > remastered ? Hello Udo Koomrans !!

              Hello !

              Well I am able to have these but the mastering is not done individualy - meaning this will be done when I gor all the possible sources
              I think your sections makes sense except Live at the Bastille which is not a solo work and a live performance so to me seems a little out of place

              > Ok let's keep on keeping on
              > Frederic

            • Dan Coffey
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 13, 2012
                Just wondering what the status of the LC comp is, and if there is an entity that is currently accepting donations on behalf of Lindsay and MS.

                Thanks,

                Dan

                On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Fred Janosy <pupeej@...> wrote:

[...]

              • luna negra, S.C.
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 13, 2012

                  Hi, Dan:

                  I suggest to e-mail Chris Cutler at ReR and ask about donations.

                  Keep up the good work.

                  Juan José

                • ccc@megacorp.u-net.com
                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 15, 2012
                    > Just wondering what the status of the LC comp is, and if there is an
                    > entity that is currently accepting donations on behalf of Lindsay and MS.

                    hi dan

                    afraid my eye has rather slipped off the ball on this
                    not sure who eventually was to be doing what..
                    project coordination is needed to get it back on the presses
                    starting with a summary of where we are and what we have
                    and what we need

                    i'll do what i can but i need to be pushed. ReR will be happy to do
                    distribution and getting it around and maybe production (depending on
                    final format) if someone would like crack the whip
                    meantime
                    the bassoonists club is still collecting for lilly
                    cheques to
                    'The Bassoonist Club'
                    sent to:
                    c/o Sarah Maude
                    Quaker Cottage
                    The High Street
                    Evercreech
                    Somerset BA4 6HZ

                    if that's too complex or difficult with currencies, you can also send
                    to ReR and we'll send it on, just mark it clearly as BASSOONIST CLUB.
                    and we'll forward the money and your best wishes.

                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Dan
                    >
                    > On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Fred Janosy <pupeej@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> **
                    >>

                    >> Hello! Ok I have re-read all the messages that everyone sent regarding
                    >> the
                    >> Lindsay Cooper compilations and it is really inspiring. Lot's of
                    >> support!
                    >> Allesandro suggested the following as a possible list for the first of
                    >> these CD's, which as he points out would have to be a double CD.
                    >>

                    >> "1. Stuff from cassettes only: but they would anyway exceed 80 minutes.
                    >> double cd may include all of them: The Small Screen + Outtakes for Other
                    >> Occasions + F.I.G. + those 3 tracks from Bad Alchemy #2, 1 from Bad
                    >> Alchemy
                    >> #3 and 3 from the Tellus tape."
                    >>
                    >> P.S. what is F.I.G. ??
                    >>
                    >> I am inclined to agree with this choice. I would like to add
                    >> - Pictures from the great Exhibition - 45 rpm on Recommended
                    >> - "Education" song on ReQuat 0101
                    >>
                    >> As to whether all this can fit even on a double cdr will have to be
                    >> worked
                    >> out. But I want to start gathering this material, as close to the source
                    >> as
                    >> possible of course. Chris Cutler has suggested he could help put me in
                    >> contact with several key players and I will write to him next.
                    >>
                    >> There are a couple of possibilities for shaving off some minutes. 1
                    >> track
                    >> from Bad Alchemy #2 is already on the cd "Music for other occasions" as
                    >> bonus track.
                    >> Also a couple of tracks on "The Small Screen" are also on the same cd (8
                    >> of 18 tracks to be precise)
                    >>
                    >> So here we are. I propose we go ahead with these choices and at a later
                    >> date we consider a Vol.2 and a Vol.3 etc etc.
                    >> Let's re-open this dialogue and make it happen (This is me talking to my
                    >> brain...
                    >>
                    >> Frederic

                  • michel ramond
                    Message 9 of 28 , Dec 19, 2012
                      http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvxfy5_reims-74-rock-goes-to-the-cathedral-52_music#.UNHyqayhnYV

                      A 50' Frenh documentary about the Nico/Tangerine Dream 1974 concert in the
                      Reims cathedral with a few seconds of an Henry Cow footage @ 10:50.

                      m.
                    • stathis58
                      Message 10 of 28 , Dec 19, 2012
                        --- In ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com, "michel ramond" <ramond.michel@...> wrote:

                        > http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvxfy5_reims-74-rock-goes-to-the-cathedral-52_music#.UNHyqayhnYV
                        >
                        > A 50' Frenh documentary about the Nico/Tangerine Dream 1974 concert in the
                        > Reims cathedral with a few seconds of an Henry Cow footage @ 10:50.
                        >
                        > m.

                        Incredible footage -- it may be the earliest I have ever seen. I wonder -- there must be much more where this came from. Anyone know?

                        S.
                      • ccc@megacorp.u-net.com
                        Message 11 of 28 , Dec 19, 2012
                          hi, unhappily i can't see this, just a blank black screen with tower icon
                          so can't identify

                        • ccc@megacorp.u-net.com
                          Message 12 of 28 , Dec 19, 2012
                            hi, unhappily i can't see this, just a blank black screen with tower icon
                            so can't identify

                            >> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvxfy5_reims-74-rock-goes-to-the-cathedral-52_music#.UNHyqayhnYV
                            >>
                            >> A 50' Frenh documentary about the Nico/Tangerine Dream 1974 concert in
                            >> the
                            >> Reims cathedral with a few seconds of an Henry Cow footage @ 10:50.
                            >>
                            >> m.
                            >>

                            > Incredible footage -- it may be the earliest I have ever seen. I wonder --
                            > there must be much more where this came from. Anyone know?
                            >
                            > S.

                          • michel ramond
                            Message 13 of 28 , Dec 20, 2012
                              try

                              http://champagne-ardenne.france3.fr/2012/12/04/reims-74-rock-goes-cathedral-le-documentaire-158037.html

                              m.

                              hi, unhappily i can't see this, just a blank black screen with tower icon
                              so can't identify

                              >> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvxfy5_reims-74-rock-goes-to-the-cathedral-52_music#.UNHyqayhnYV
                              >>
                              >> A 50' Frenh documentary about the Nico/Tangerine Dream 1974 concert in
                              >> the
                              >> Reims cathedral with a few seconds of an Henry Cow footage @ 10:50.
                              >>
                              >> m.
                              >>

                              > Incredible footage -- it may be the earliest I have ever seen. I wonder --
                              > there must be much more where this came from. Anyone know?
                              >
                              > S.

                            • luna negra, S.C.
                              Message 14 of 28 , Dec 20, 2012

                                Actually, both work.

                                Thanks for sharing, Michel.

                                Juan José

                                href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvxfy5_reims-74-rock-goes-to-the-cathedral-52_music#.UNHyqayhnYV">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvxfy5_reims-74-rock-goes-to-the-cathedral-52_music#.UNHyqayhnYV

                                >> A 50' Frenh documentary about the Nico/Tangerine Dream 1974 concert in
                                >> the
                                >> Reims cathedral with a few seconds of an Henry Cow footage @ 10:50.
                                >>
                                >> m.
                                >>

                                > Incredible footage -- it may be the earliest I have ever seen. I wonder --
                                > there must be much more where this came from. Anyone know?
                                >
                                > S.

                              • alessandro
                                Message 15 of 28 , Dec 20, 2012
                                  For Chris and those of you who couldn't see this, I managed to download it and re-upload it as an mp4 file, which you can download from
                                  http://wtrns.fr/mi8z12gM3seE8Yi
                                  That link will work until January 4th only.

                                  Best

                                  Alessandro
                                • luna negra, S.C.
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Dec 20, 2012

                                    THANKS!!!

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Dec 21, 2012
                                      hi allessandro

                                      great

                                      thanks
                                      this must have been when we were recoding legend i suspect
                                      or the greasy truckers pieces...

                                      > and re-upload it as an mp4 file, which you can download from
                                      > http://wtrns.fr/mi8z12gM3seE8Yi
                                      > That link will work until January 4th only.
                                      >
                                      > Best
                                      >
                                      > Alessandro

                                    • ukoomran
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Mar 5, 2013
                                        Hey Fellas
                                        This week was Lindsay's 62 birthday
                                        I found a copy of Out Takes for Other Occassion
                                        also a couple of tracks from angelica festival 92 & 93
                                        I also heard that Oh moscow's performance was filmed by WDR
                                        I hope this ball will start rolling soon
                                        Udi

                                        --- In ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com, Fred Janosy <pupeej@...> wrote:

                                        > Ok here is my suggestion for the first LC compilation
                                        >
                                        > 1) Pictures from the Great Exhibition - Single issued with "RAGS"
                                        > 2) Outtakes for Other Occasions - Cassette release only
                                        > 3) Bad Alchemy 2 and 3 - Cassette releases
                                        > 4) "Education" - song featured on RE-QUAT 0101
                                        > 5) Small Screen - Cassette on SYNC PULSE
                                        > 6) Cooper Nicols Leandre - Live at the Bastille - LP on SYNC PULSE
                                        >
                                        > - I have not yet timed all of this and it might require a double CDR release.
                                        > This might be filled out as we all suggest other things to include.
                                        >
                                        > - I believe the BAD ALCHEMY cassettes are found and on their way to be
                                        > remastered ? Hello Udo Koomrans !!
                                        >
                                        > - We still need to locate OUTTAKES FOR OTHER OCCASIONS which is the item that
                                        > launched this project. Does anyone have this ?? URGENT!!
                                        >
                                        > - Hello Chris Cutler.Would you be able to help with items # 1, 4, 5, 6.??
                                        >
                                        > - About the SMALL SCREEN cassette. As I mentioned in my last message, some of
                                        > this has appeared elsewhere so we can cut down some time here.
                                        >
                                        > OK. I apologize for not being more active with this lately but I am not always
                                        > sure what to do.I will try and post some kind of message more often and I can
                                        > be contacted at
                                        > pupeej@... or allcomdown@...
                                        >
                                        > Ok let's keep on keeping on
                                        > Frederic

                                      • Fred Janosy
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Mar 6, 2013
                                          Hello ! Frederic here...I am the one who suggested this project and I am the last one to do anything about it. Unfortunately I am over my head in responsibilities these days and am unable to contribute to this project. I hope someone out there can...perhaps Udi in collaboration with Chris Cutler. I can certainly support the project financially...above and beyond just buying a CD. At least
                                          I will keep looking here for potential progress and hope I can help
                                          Thank you
                                          Frederic
                                        • Hal Dean
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Mar 6, 2013
                                            I have no resources, contacts, or anything constructive to offer for this project. However, as a lover of Lindsay's music, I must say I would be grateful for release of any of the music that is in discussion here.

                                            I'm American. i visited Glasgow in 1990 and just happened to arrive when Glasgow was the European City of the Year (I think that is the right name of the accolade), with lots pf performances underway. A dance troupe performed with music by Lindsay, played by a live group. i talked someone else at the Youth Hostel into going with me. It was incredibly moving and beautiful. I've long hoped some of Lindsay's dance music would see the light of day.

                                            So, please, anyone that has the cassettes, open reel tapes, LPs, whatever the raw materials are for this project, get them to Udi and/or Chris or someone who can make it happen!

                                            Warm regards to all,
                                            Hal dean
                                          • aleachilli
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Nov 19, 2013

                                              I have digitized the Feminist Improvising Group cassette, apparently impossible to find anywhere.

                                              You can download it in flac files from

                                              http://we.tl/sYVqDVTHY5

                                              where it will stay until November 26th and then will be deleted.

                                              Best

                                              Alessandro

                                              ---In rermegacorp@yahoogroups.com, <howldin@...> wrote:

[...]

                                            • Rudolph Carrera
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Nov 19, 2013
                                                Alessandro;

                                                Thank you kindly for taking the time to do this!

                                                --
                                                Regards,

                                                Rudy Carrera
                                                Los Angeles, California, USA - Skopje, Macedonia - And wherever I end up next
                                                http://clcx.org/
                                                http://rudycarrera.com/
                                                http://amiscellany.info/
                                              • Renato Moraes

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Nov 20, 2013
                                                    Thank you. Will enjoy at my leisure.

                                                    John

                                                    Sent from my iPhone

[...]

                                                  • ayejayeye
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Nov 20, 2013

                                                      Hi Alessandro

                                                      Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

                                                      I will enjoy at my leisure

                                                      Best wishes

                                                      John

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Nov 20, 2013
                                                          How wonderful!  will listen to this tonight, with joy.

                                                          Many thanks.
                                                        • ccrercc
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Nov 21, 2013
                                                            ha alessandro

                                                            thanks

                                                            just for everyone's information, all of lindsay's recordings are being
                                                            catalogued and there will be - at last - a memorial CD or collection of
                                                            CDs of unavailable or unreleased works.

                                                            we are also trying to organise a large-scale memorial concert in 2014

                                                            best