      From: "'darrenaiw3@...' darrenaiw3@... [ReRmegacorp]" <ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com>
      To: "ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com" <ReRmegacorp@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 4:46 AM
      Subject: Re: [ReRmegacorp] recent ReR releases

      I think the pervasiveness of social media and the ability to download to one's chosen piece of technology creates an illusion of ease.

      It's also creating a generation of people with short attention spans and even shorter fuses, if they're not dealt with instantly, given the instantaneous sophistication of technology

      There's going to be a generation who don't know what a vinyl record is, and already CDs are becoming "old hat."

      Equally, DVDs are becoming obsolete to a mass audience that can video stream direct to their chosen devices.

      These handy little devices that the masses use, have created an addiction that is alarming to observe, and very intrusive when one is out in public places (roads, where you have to be mindful and aware of people so wrapped up in their phones, that they're completely unaware of their surroundings), restaurants, libraries, galleries, etc.

      An interesting thing is that people seem to want cheap and cheerful, quick and easy, but I doubt many would want to be on the receiving end, or consider the source or origin, and thus have very little appreciation for value and effort.

      I think a musician or any other person creating and bringing a quality and valuable product to a public, needs to be rewarded for their time and effort. If they are not, life becomes dispiriting and unrewarding.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic