1284Re: [ReRmegacorp] Faust & Henry Cow Vinyl Audiophile Reissues

  • Fabio Cardone
    Nov 29, 2013
      Hello Chris

      thanks for the quick answer

      one last question:
      if Bob's remastering work was done in 24 bit (then downgraded to 16 bit for cds edition)
      maybe the vinyl reissues were mastered from those 24 bit files, and in that case
      i am still very interested in them.
      is it possible to retrieve this information?
      thanks

      fabio

      Il giorno 29/nov/2013, alle ore 08.57, ccc@megacorp.u-net.com ha scritto:

      > greetings
      >
      > sorry to say none of the vinyl reissues were mastered from original
      > analogue tapes but from bob's various remasterings for CD. This was the
      > best quality we thought we could realistically achieve.These are
      > co-productions with Goodfellas in Italy - I don't want to move back to
      > vinyl. So the quality of the vinyl versions won't be substantially different
      > from the latest CD. The main improvement is in the artwork.
      >
      > best

      > reissues on vinyl, but before to buy them,
      >> i'd like to know what is the source: original analogue masters? digital
      >> transfer 24 bit? 16 bit?
      >>
      >> Chris C can you help to get some info about? Or maybe Bob Drake if he's on
      >> this list, i know he did a great work on the Faust box set so maybe he
      >> could give some clue about these vinyl editions?
      >>
      >> Thanks
      >>
      >> Fabio

      > Yahoo Groups Links

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic