1269Prog Rock Deep Cuts Halloween Special

  • Ian Beabout
    Oct 31, 2013
      Hello everyone …

      Specializing in rare cuts by classic and modern bands, Prog Rock Deep Cuts promises to match the obscure with the new and fresh. Intelligent, emotional, and visceral classic to modern progressive rock broadcasted live every Thursday from 7-10 pm EST on www.progrock.com.
      This week (October 31st) will be the Deep Cuts Halloween Special, and to prepare for this, we have painstakingly culled an eclectic setlist from the initial 6 1/2 hour playlist which features music from all eras and most subgenres of Progressive Rock.  Artists include Jethro Tull, Univers Zero, Comus, Gentle Giant, Aphrodite's Child, and many, many more.   Halloween is a spooky, mysterious, and somewhat cheesy celebration and we saw this as license to go crazy - expect a bit of corny, rubber mask and plastic pitchfork fun alongside some real scares for good measure!

      Be sure to tune in early, as we will also be playing a unique intro - created specifically for this special.

      If you represent a band and are interested in submitting your music for consideration, please send a press kit to:

      Prog Rock Deep Cuts with Ian Beabout
      PO Box 6120
      Wheeling WV, 26003

      Press Contact: progrockdeepcuts@...

      Our Blog: http http://zombywoofblog. wordpress.com/

      Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ ProgRockDeepCuts

      Last week's Setlist:
      From the featured album "Snack(s)" by MiRthkon:
      1. Qxp-13 Modulator
      2. Hapax Legomena
      3. Fairies Wear Boots (Black Sabbath cover)
      4. You and Me Against a World of Pain - Phideaux (The Great Leap)
      5. The White Rider - Camel (A Live Record)
      6. Ultimate Sealed Unit - Chrome Hoof (Chrome, Black, Gold)
      7. The Torture Never Stops - Frank Zappa (Zappa in New York)
      8. Destined Solitaire - Beardfish (Destined Solitaire)
      9. Flying Colours - Jethro Tull (The Broadsword and the Beast)
      10. Digital Man - Rush (Signals)
      11. 354 - Gosta Berlings Saga (Glue Works)
      12. The Beast - Aphrodite's Child (666)
      13. When I See Mommy, I Feel Like a Mummy - Captain Beefheart (Shiny Beast / Bat Chain Puller)
      14. Mark of the Claw - Procol Harum (Something Magic)
      15. Soap Shop Rock - Amon Duul II (Yeti)
            a) Burning Sister
            b) Halluzination Guillotine
            c) Gulp A Sonata
            d) Flesh-Coloured Anti-Aircraft Alarm
      16. Kobaia - Magma (Mythes et Legendes Epok I)
      17. Dr. Frankenstein - Goblin (Roller)
      18. Jack The Ripper - Univers Zero (Heresie)
      19. A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers - Van der Graaf Generator (Pawn Hearts)
      20. The Prisoner - Comus (First Utterance)