Re: [RawPortland] Digest Number 26

  • tcce@juno.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31 4:14 PM
      Hello all,

      My name is Tammy. I was just introduced to this group yesterday. I am 45 with 8 children ages 25 years old to 20 months old. I began eating raw cold turkey the day after the raw food festival last year. I have lost 110 pounds (including the 14 from doing the Master Cleanse in June 2003). My husband began eating raw January 1 and my younger 3 children are also raw foodist.

      I was wondering if you could reccomend restaurants that cater to raw foodist in Portland. I was hoping to hear about a good place to eat for dinner Thursday night.

      Thank you,
      Tammy

      Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31 10:18 PM
        Hi Tammy,

        There are a few options for eating out, or ordering take-out. Here
        are some links to restaurants and catering.

        http://www.holy-chow.com

        http://www.calendula-cafe.com (Some of Calendula's raw dishes use
        nama shoyu)

        http://www.smartmonkeyfoods.com/menu.html

        Get more information about Raw La Carte's Raw Cuisine Delivery
        Service by contacting Sara at RawLaCarte@... or 503.620.8032.

        You could also try the organic salad bars at Old Wives Tales, Whole
        Foods, and Wild Oats, but they might not have raw salad dressing.
        Omega Gardens also has a great organic salad bar, but they might not
        be open for dinner. Let us know how your dining experience was! Have
        a great day,

        Mike

        --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, tcce@j... wrote:

        > Hello all,

        > I was wondering if you could reccomend restaurants that cater to
        raw foodist in Portland. I was hoping to hear about a
        > good place to eat for dinner Thursday night.
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Tammy
      • Celeste Crimi
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
          http://www.smartmonkeyfoods.com/

          every thursday night, so good, take a prepared meal/dessert for pickup or dine in at ani and ede's house...yummy!

          celeste crimi
          2 yrs 100% raw
          -----
          My name is Tammy. I was just introduced to this group yesterday. I am 45 with 8 children ages 25 years old to 20 months old. I began eating raw cold turkey the day after the raw food festival last year. I have lost 110 pounds (including the 14 from doing the Master Cleanse in June 2003). My husband began eating raw January 1 and my younger 3 children are also raw foodist.

          I was wondering if you could reccomend restaurants that cater to raw foodist in Portland. I was hoping to hear about a good place to eat for dinner Thursday night.

          Thank you,
          Tammy

          Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          ---

        • Helen Hecker
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
            I don't think you can dine at Ani's and Ede's yet. I believe they are
            working on it. There is a park about 7 blocks away at 20th and Belmont
            which could be an option until then. We could plan to meet at the park
            until then if anyone is interested. Daylight Savings Time is back this
            weekend so will be light later--and hopefully warmer.
            > every thursday night, so good, take a prepared meal/dessert for pickup or
            dine in at ani and ede's house...yummy!

            > celeste crimi
            > 2 yrs 100% raw
            > -----

            Service.

            > ---

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Betty
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
              Hi Tammy and welcome!

              That's so wonderful that you've been able to go raw
              and lose weight.

              I've lost 56 lbs. so far since May 12, 04. I have 35
              to go and it seems slow going the last couple months.
              Did you also go thru some times that you didn't lose
              any weight? I'm not worried, because I'm feeling so
              good, and my health has improved so much..btw I'm 51
              and I usually do in home child care but also have been
              taking care of my ill sister and my elderly mom.

              I'm thankful to have found raw foods as I wouldn't
              have been able to take care of anyone in the shape I
              was in before.

              I haven't been out to any raw places except for a
              couple raw food pot-lucks.

              Love,
              Prism

              --- tcce@... wrote:

              > Hello all,
              >
              > My name is Tammy. I was just introduced to this
              > group yesterday. I am 45 with 8 children ages 25
              > years old to 20 months old. I began eating raw cold
              > turkey the day after the raw food festival last
              > year. I have lost 110 pounds (including the 14 from
              > doing the Master Cleanse in June 2003). My husband
              > began eating raw January 1 and my younger 3 children
              > are also raw foodist.
              >
              > I was wondering if you could reccomend restaurants
              > that cater to raw foodist in Portland. I was hoping
              > to hear about a good place to eat for dinner
              > Thursday night.
              >
              > Thank you,
              > Tammy

              > The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno
              > SpeedBand!
              > Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
              > Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up
              > today!

            • Betty
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
                That sounds like fun. I took my little dog out to
                Laurlehurst park for a walk and feed the ducks
                yesterday..it was so lovely. I love to get out and do
                things.

                Love,
                Prism