Re: Raw Cat Food

  • sisteronthescene
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25 7:32 PM
      My dog eats a raw meat/bone diet as well and is in great health,
      wonderful soft coat, optimal weight and he too only eats once a day.
      The book Celeste refers too is an excellent way to get you started and
      can also be found at the Multnomah Library. He didn't like his kibble
      but loves his meat!! Cheers!
      ~Mary~

      --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "Celeste Crimi" <rcrimi14@...> wrote:

      > I use the $8.95 book, Natural Nutrition for Cats and Dogs by Kymythy
      Schultze.

      > I do find that my pets eat way less than hers (of course, my pets
      are fixed and Ms. Schultze is, unfortunately, a breeder--it takes a
      lot more calories to breed, etc).

      > This diet contains meat and bones, it is not vegan although I am a
      strict vegan myself. I recognize this is controversial.

      > I feed my pets once a day. You can see their pics (and post yours
      of your pets eating raw, vegan snacks) at
      http://network.bestfriends.org/rawvegan. All are welcome on the Raw
      for the Paws Cause community (which is for raw vegans who love
      animals, not to promote pets eating raw flesh--that's an entire
      'nother topic).

      > Thanks,
      > Celeste in Beaverton
      >
      > Celeste Crimi
      > Vice President
      > POPPA (Pet Over-Population Prevention Advocates), Inc
      > PO Box 5721
      > Beaverton OR 97006
      > 503-626-4070
      > www.POPPAinc.org
      >
      > POPPA is Oregon's only statewide, spay/neuter referral and
      assistance service for dogs, cats, rabbits and other companion
      animals. With the help of the community, our all-volunteer staff has
      been able to subsidize over 10,500 spay/neuter surgeries since Sept
      2001! Tax-deductible donations of any amount are always gratefully
      accepted and can be mailed to the address above, or made securely
      online at www.POPPAinc.org.

      she
      > is seriously overweight and needs some help. I've tried traditional
      > (and expensive) perscription diet food for her and nothing is working.
      >
      > Does anyone have a raw cat food diet they can share with me?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Carmen

      > Vegetarian shoes Raw food diet for dog Raw food diet

      Service.