Raw Cat Food

  • carmen_doi
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2006
      While I am enjoying the benefits of my new way of eating I realize
      that I have to fight my cat off every morning for my almond milk. she
      is seriously overweight and needs some help. I've tried traditional
      (and expensive) perscription diet food for her and nothing is working.

      Does anyone have a raw cat food diet they can share with me?

      Thanks,
      Carmen
    • Celeste Crimi
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2006
        I use the $8.95 book, Natural Nutrition for Cats and Dogs by Kymythy Schultze.

        I do find that my pets eat way less than hers (of course, my pets are fixed and Ms. Schultze is, unfortunately, a breeder--it takes a lot more calories to breed, etc).

        This diet contains meat and bones, it is not vegan although I am a strict vegan myself.  I recognize this is controversial.

        I feed my pets once a day.  You can see their pics (and post yours of your pets eating raw, vegan snacks) at http://network.bestfriends.org/rawvegan.  All are welcome on the Raw for the Paws Cause community (which is for raw vegans who love animals, not to promote pets eating raw flesh--that's an entire 'nother topic).

        Thanks,
        Celeste in Beaverton

        Celeste Crimi
        Vice President
        POPPA (Pet Over-Population Prevention Advocates), Inc
        PO Box 5721
        Beaverton OR 97006
        503-626-4070
        www.POPPAinc.org

        POPPA is Oregon's only statewide, spay/neuter referral and assistance service for dogs, cats, rabbits and other companion animals.  With the help of the community, our all-volunteer staff has been able to subsidize over 10,500 spay/neuter surgeries since Sept 2001!  Tax-deductible donations of any amount are always gratefully accepted and can be mailed to the address above, or made securely online at www.POPPAinc.org.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 25, 2006
          My dog eats a raw meat/bone diet as well and is in great health,
          wonderful soft coat, optimal weight and he too only eats once a day.
          The book Celeste refers too is an excellent way to get you started and
          can also be found at the Multnomah Library. He didn't like his kibble
          but loves his meat!! Cheers!
          ~Mary~

          --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "Celeste Crimi" <rcrimi14@...> wrote:

          > I use the $8.95 book, Natural Nutrition for Cats and Dogs by Kymythy
          Schultze.

          > I do find that my pets eat way less than hers (of course, my pets
          are fixed and Ms. Schultze is, unfortunately, a breeder--it takes a
          lot more calories to breed, etc).

          > This diet contains meat and bones, it is not vegan although I am a
          strict vegan myself. I recognize this is controversial.

          > I feed my pets once a day. You can see their pics (and post yours
          of your pets eating raw, vegan snacks) at
          http://network.bestfriends.org/rawvegan. All are welcome on the Raw
          for the Paws Cause community (which is for raw vegans who love
          animals, not to promote pets eating raw flesh--that's an entire
          'nother topic).

          > Thanks,
          > Celeste in Beaverton
          >
          > Celeste Crimi
          > Vice President
          > POPPA (Pet Over-Population Prevention Advocates), Inc
          > PO Box 5721
          > Beaverton OR 97006
          > 503-626-4070
          > www.POPPAinc.org
          >
          > POPPA is Oregon's only statewide, spay/neuter referral and
          assistance service for dogs, cats, rabbits and other companion
          animals. With the help of the community, our all-volunteer staff has
          been able to subsidize over 10,500 spay/neuter surgeries since Sept
          2001! Tax-deductible donations of any amount are always gratefully
          accepted and can be mailed to the address above, or made securely
          online at www.POPPAinc.org.

          Service.