Potluck this Wednesday! Plus more events...

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2006
      Hello friends,

      I hope your new year is off to a great start!

      Please come to the first potluck of the year, this
      Wednesday January 11. It is going to be fun and we
      will have an abundance of delicious food to share.

      Everyone is welcome and bring your friends and
      family along.

      There are more cool raw food events this month, I
      will list them below.

      Take Care,

      Mike Snyder

      Potluck 1) Raw Curious Potluck

      Wednesday Jan. 11 at Mike and Tina's house

      Where: 4148 SE 65th Ave., Portland
      (Between Powell and Holgate, 1 block north of Holgate)

      Time: 6:45pm - 9pm

      Contact Mike for more info by replying to this email
      or calling 503-771-3904

      Potluck 2) Shannon's House in NE Portland

      Time: 7pm to 9pm

      Where: 4715 NE 17th Portland (1.5 blocks
      South of Alberta)

      When: WEDNESDAY January 18

      Phone: Call Mike for more info at 503-771-3904
      or email: mike (at) TheRawDiet.com (replace (at) with @

      Food: Raw Vegan

      A simple fruit or veggie salad is always welcome. Search the internet
      for recipe idea's, check out a book from the library, or purchase the
      best selling recipe book titled "The Raw Food Gourmet: Going Raw for
      Total Well-Being" by Gabrielle Chavez.

      These are some of the dishes we had at the previous potlucks-

      fruit, vegetable salads, pizza, spaghetti, cauliflower cous-cous,
      carrot cake, hummus, tempura, burritos, chocolate almond milk, chili,
      cauliflower mashed "potatoes", fresh juice, blueberry pie, perogies,
      sushi, chocolate fudge, lasagna, cream of broccoli soup, and much
      more!

      Special Event 1)

      We have contracted to host Paul Nison at Enterbeing, 1603 NE Alberta,
      Portland on Friday, February 3 from 7-9:30 pm.

      Share the Love Living Foods will prepare a delectable raw gourmet
      buffet and Paul will speak on the following subjects:

      ·What I've learned from long term raw fooders
      ·Why many raw food eaters have failed
      ·How to avoid the pitfalls of eating a Raw Diet
      ·Supplements, necessary or not?
      ·Minerals, Vitamins & Enzymes
      ·How to balance your weight out on a raw diet
      ·Physical, mental and spiritual factors of health

      Paul will answer all your questions!

      Book Signing following the lecture

      Cost for the dinner and lecture is $25. Enterbeing is an intimate
      space, so RSVP soon to ensure a place.

      To make a reservation, send your check to CtH UCC, POB 219141,
      Portland, OR 97225. For more info or special dietary requests, email
      gabrielle (at) cthgathering.org (replace (at) with @) or call 503-650-
      4447.

      This is another fundraiser for Raw Spirit, a raw and living foods
      retreat being planned for Aug 30-Sept 1, 2006.

      Would you like an awesome audio recording and transcript of a recent
      Paul Nison interview conducted by Mike Snyder? Reply to this email
      and I will give you a copy.

      Special Event 2)

      Join Chef Stuart Reiter of the Blossoming Lotus Cafe for a series of
      special live food creations and tastings at Wild Oats Natural
      Marketplace.

      There will also be a cookbook signing of Vegan World Fusion Cuisine
      with co-author Bo Rinaldi.

      Upcoming Presentations:

      January 12, 2006 - 6pm to 7:30pm
      Live food creation and philosophy - Samples of live crackers, dips,
      cheeses, pizza, pasta and so much more with Chef Stuart Reiter

      January 26, 2006 - 6pm to 7:30pm
      Super Foods for fun and long life - Learn how everything you eat can
      add years to your life and vitality in your everyday activities

      To register, please call or visit:
      Wild Oats Bridgeport Village
      7485 SW Bridgeport Road, Tigard, Oregon
      503-598-7650

      More info: http://www.blossominglotus.com/wild_oats.htm

      Potluck # 3:

      Oregon City: Healthy Lifestyle Potluck sponsored by Eden Health
      Ministries takes place on the third Thursday of each month and is
      open to raw foodists, Hallelujah Dieters and anyone else interested
      in a healthy lifestyle!

      In addition to sharing each other's recipes, networking and making
      friends, at every potluck we focus on a different topic of health,
      often with a video clip and/or short talk. Contact Pete and Geneva at
      503-656-3632 for details.
    • Gabrielle
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2006
        It's great to have so many raw opportunities in Portland this month.
        One date you mentioned has changed--Shannon's NE raw curious potluck is
        returning to 3rd TUESDAYS (not Wednesday as mentioned). That will be
        January 17th this month. Hope to see lots of you there!
        Gabrielle