Sunday Suppers begin!

  • Gabrielle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2006
      Dear raw friends,

      Christ the Healer UCC and Share the Love Catering are pleased to invite
      you to the first in a weekly series of raw meals and meditations
      beginning this Sunday, Jan 8, from 5-7 pm at Enterbeing, 1603 NE
      Alberta, Portland. We're calling them Sunday Suppers and they begin
      with a simple raw vegan meal garnished with friendly conversation and
      community building activities. After supper, we'll make a circle; drum,
      sing, have an open discussion of some teachings of Jesus; then go into
      10 minutes or so of Quaker-type meditation to ask for deeper wisdom for
      our lives. We'll close with prayer candles and communion--featuring a
      raw sweet bread and fresh juice. Everyone who is seeking good food,
      both physical and spiritual, is welcome, no matter what your religion or
      irreligion. There is no charge, but we will ask for donations to support
      the gathering costs.
      Here's this Sunday's menu:
      Mediterranean rubbed spinach-pine nut salad a la Jennifer
      Beautiful Borscht
      Jerusalem artichoke chips (home grown and dried--these are fabulous if
      you've never tried them!)
      Raw banana bread and grape kefir in the closing communion

      RSVPs appreciated, but not necessary. You can email or call us at
      5003-650-4447
      Come for the food--stay for the wisdom
      Love,
      Gabrielle