Re: [RawPortland] Digest Number 407

  • Becca LeTourneau
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2005
      Hi Rawfoodists,

      I just wanted to say hello to everyone on the potluck circuit... I've only made it to one of the last four potlucks at Shannon's house, and have really missed them. But, it looks like it's going to be harder for me to make it now. Andy and I are expecting a baby! I'm about 3 months pregnant, so we have a long way to go, but we're really excited. The NE potluck is the only one I can get to conveniently and I am now taking a prenatal yoga class that is on Wednesday evenings.  So... enjoy that good food and company without me for the time being. Hopefully, our growing family will join you again down the road!

      Cheers, Becca

      RawPortland@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      Help Sudanese refugees rebuild their lives through GlobalGiving.
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/BrzMLB/EbOLAA/E2hLAA/6iHolB/TM

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Raw foods Potluck Wed. Dec. 14
      From: "Mike"

      Message: 1
      Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 02:23:49 -0000
      From: "Mike"
      Subject: Raw foods Potluck Wed. Dec. 14

      Hello Friends,

      The monthly "Raw Curious" Potluck
      will take place Wednesday, (the 2nd
      Wednesday of each month), December 14,
      between 6:45 and 9pm. (We usually
      start eating a little after 7pm)

      I would also like to remind you in
      advance about the other 2 potlucks,
      Saturday at Sue & Steve's, and
      Wednesday Dec. 21 at Shannon's house.

      These potlucks are always a great time
      to meet new friends and learn about raw
      and living foods. Everyone is welcome
      and please bring friends!

      The address is:

      4148 SE 65nd Ave.

      (it's one block north of SE Holgate.)

      Yahoo Map ==>

      http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?
      addr=4148+SE+65th+Ave.&csz=97206&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

      The phone number is 503-771-3904.

      Please make sure your dishes are 100% raw
      vegan and list the ingredients next to your
      dish. A simple fruit or veggie salad is
      always welcome.

      Some quick ideas are:

      - Bumps on a log: celery sticks filled with
      almond butter and topped with raisins.

      - Cucumber slices & carrot sticks with Livin' Spoonful Hummus.

      - It's Alive Sauerkraut or Rejuvenative Foods sauerkraut

      - Fruit salad: A bowl of sliced bananas, apples,
      persimmons, and pears.

      - Plain avocados, young coconuts, or whole fruits

      - Or check http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/RawRecipes.htm for
      some great ideas.

      I hope you can make it!

      Mike and Tina