:: SmartMonkey Foods Newsletter, tastings in LA next week ::

  • smartmonkeyani
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2005
      SmartMonkey Foods Newsletter

      1. Tastings next week in Los Angeles with Ani!
      2. Where to find our foods in LA
      3. Recipes: Omega Dressing and Cheeze Stuffed Chilies

      1. Tastings next week in Los Angeles with Ani!

      I'll be in LA offering tastes of our deliciously nutritious treats next week.
      Please stop by if you can, I'd love to see you all again!

      --Monday October 31st, 12noon-2pm--
      Co-opportunity
      1525 Broadway
      Santa Monica, CA 90404

      --Tuesday November 1st, 12noon-2pm--
      Whole Foods Markets
      1050 Gayley Ave
      Westwood CA 90024

      --Friday November 4th, 11.30am-1.30pm--
      Whole Foods Markets
      2201 Wilshire Blvd
      Santa Monica, CA 90403

      2. Stores in LA

      You can find SmartMonkey Foods' tastiest 100% organic and kosher treats made with love
      at these following stores in the LA area.

      Do something good for yourself and the planet by enjoying our living foods, and feel great
      about it!

      Co-opportunity
      1525 Broadway
      Santa Monica, CA 90404
      310 451-8902

      Erewhon Natural Foods
      7660 Beverly Blvd
      Los Angeles, CA 90036
      (323) 937-0777

      The Euphoria Company
      717 Broadway
      Santa Monica, CA 90401
      (310) 383-1513

      Whole Foods Market, Santa Monica
      2201 Wilshire Blvd
      Santa Monica, CA 90403-5705
      (310) 315-0662

      Whole Foods Market, Westwood
      1050 Gayley Ave
      Los Angeles, ca 90024
      (310) 824-0858

      Whole Foods Market, West Hollywood
      7871 West Santa Monica Blvd.
      Los Angeles, CA 90046
      323.848.4200

      3. Recipes for happiness, health, and a green future

      Here's a super fast and easy dressing for days when we barely have time to eat.
      Just throw a bunch of greens into a bowl and toss with the Omega Dressing for 2!

      Omega Dressing for 2
      1 avocado, cubed
      2 T Living Harvest Hemp Oil
      1 teaspoon Nama Shoyu, or 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt, to taste

      Toss with spinach, chopped cabbage, kale, or romaine and fresh herbs.
      Keep it simple.

      The avocado creates a creamy texture, while the hemp oil provides Omega 6 + 3
      to feed our brain. It'll make you smile!

      Another super quick and easy recipe that you can enjoy immediately, or place in a
      dehydrator for a few hours and enjoy later.

      You'll want to start by making the Cheeze, or you can always shortcut and use our
      SmartMonkey Foods Sunflower Spread instead!

      Cheeze Stuffed Chilies
      CHEEZE:
      2 c almonds, soaked 8-12 hours
      1/3 c lemon juice, from about 2 small lemons
      2-3 cloves garlic
      1/2 c filtered water
      1 teaspoon celtic sea salt

      Place garlic and salt in food processor and process first, then add remaining
      ingredients and process until smooth.

      Use this Cheeze to stuff 4 Anaheim or any chili of your choice.
      (You may want to first remove some seeds, depending on how hot you like it!)

      TIP: Ede and I soak nuts and seeds each night for use the next day.
      In the morning, we rinse them really well, use some in our morning smoothie and place
      the rest in the fridge for later.
      This way we always have soaked nuts and seeds on hand!!

      Enjoy!
      Wishing you all an awesome weekend, and looking forward to seeing you again soon.
      Ani