Re: [RawPortland] Raw folks in Mexico...

  • Celeste Crimi
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2005
      Dear Friends,

      We are talking about the whole, bred-to-not-be-'born'-without-hulls oat
      groats available at People's (and maybe other places, such as The Daily
      Grind).

      The rolled oats are never raw/living.

      How can you tell the difference without calling the manufacturer? The
      living oats sprout after being soaked and put in a dark place. :) The dead
      ones don't.

      Celeste, you've reminded me that I hardly ever eat this food, even though
      it's inexpensive (compared to almonds at $10/lb, anyway!) and low calorie.
      I guess I'm just so addicted to the ease and speed of green smoothies and
      salads!

      Warmly,
      Celeste in Beaverton