Raw folks in Mexico...

  • Christopher Ann
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
      Hello all, Thanks so much for the great response to my source inquiry for
      raw almonds!! Still checking it out.
      I would be interested in finding raw communities/individuals in
      Mexico...does anyone know of this? I will be going there this winter to get
      some dental work done and would like to connect if possible.
      Also, I am now looking for a source of raw oat groats.
      Thanks in advance.
      All the best,
      Celeste in Carlton
    • Celeste Crimi
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2005
        Where in Mexico?  It's a big place!  :)

        I thought People's had raw (hullless) oat groats in their bulk section?  They look sort of like barley...

        Celeste (in Beaverton)

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2005
          Dear Friends,

          We are talking about the whole, bred-to-not-be-'born'-without-hulls oat
          groats available at People's (and maybe other places, such as The Daily
          Grind).

          The rolled oats are never raw/living.

          How can you tell the difference without calling the manufacturer? The
          living oats sprout after being soaked and put in a dark place. :) The dead
          ones don't.

          Celeste, you've reminded me that I hardly ever eat this food, even though
          it's inexpensive (compared to almonds at $10/lb, anyway!) and low calorie.
          I guess I'm just so addicted to the ease and speed of green smoothies and
          salads!

          Warmly,
          Celeste in Beaverton