Question about mail-ordering food from raw restaurants

  • vegwriter@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi,

      A friend wants to send me some delicious raw food for my upcoming birthday because (since I moved to Sarasota, FL) I no longer have access to any raw food restaurants as I did when I lived in NYC.

      So I'm looking for suggestions.  Have you ever mail-ordered food from any raw restaurants that you loved once it arrived?  I would think the food would need to be shipped on dry ice in order to stay fresh.  Especially since I live in Florida, where it's still plenty hot outside.

      Thanks,

      Judy Pokras
      vegwriter@...
      editor/founder
       www.RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com
      Check out our
      BREAKING NEWS
      & subscribe to our free newsletter!
    • Marcus
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
        There's a lobster company in Maine that ships lobster in dry ice via
        mail order so you could probably do the same, have it shipped fedex
        overnight AM so it gets to you by 10AM.

        vegwriter@... wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >A friend wants to send me some delicious raw food for my upcoming birthday
        >because (since I moved to Sarasota, FL) I no longer have access to any raw food
        > restaurants as I did when I lived in NYC.
        >
        >So I'm looking for suggestions. Have you ever mail-ordered food from any
        >raw restaurants that you loved once it arrived? I would think the food would
        >need to be shipped on dry ice in order to stay fresh. Especially since I live
        >in Florida, where it's still plenty hot outside.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >
        >Judy Pokras
        >_vegwriter@..._ (mailto:vegwriter@...)
        >editor/founder
        >_ www.RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com_ (http://www.rawfoodsnewsmagazine.com/)
        >Check out our BREAKING NEWS
        >

        >& subscribe to our free newsletter!

      • Annette
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
          Judy ~

          I previously sent you the link for RawLifeline.com

          After searching (back to 2003), I've found the information for the
          company that I ordered from before:

          1-800-313-1103 or RavishinglyRaw1@...

          What about Jackie and Gideon?

          Annette