:: SmartMonkey Foods: upcoming tastings, plus recipes ::

  • smartmonkeyani
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2005
      SmartMonkey Foods Newsletter

      Thank you to all of you who came to our UNcooking classes in Bellevue and Portland last
      week! I just love teaching, and you all feed my soul with your excitement!

      And, thanks to adidas HQ for inviting us to talk about live foods at their health fair last
      week, and to all of you for your interest in fueling optimal performance with live nutrition!!

      In this newsletter:
      1. Tastings in SoCal and WA
      2. Recipes: Protein Smoothie and Rosemary Mushroom Nori Rolls with SmartMonkey Foods
      Sunflower Spread

      1. Tastings in SoCal and WA -
      Tastings this Saturday in Hollywood, CA and Monday & Tuesday in Bellevue, WA.
      Please stop by if you can!!

      In Hollywood:
      October 1st, 2005
      Saturday, 11-3pm

      SmartMonkey Foods and David Wolfe!!
      David will be lecturing, and we've been invited to provide tastes of our delicious nutritious
      protein energy bars!

      SmartMonkey Max will be in Hollywood offering tastes of our fresh live food treats!
      Unlike most energy bars out there, ours are FRESH, have not been dehydrated, and still
      contain structured water for enzymes to thrive!

      at: Erewhon Natural Foods
      7660-B Beverly Blvd.
      Los Angeles, CA 90036

      In Bellevue, WA:
      October 3rd & 4th, 2005
      Monday & Tuesday, 12noon - 2pm

      JJ, from Bellevue's Whole Foods Salud Cooking School, is so stoked on live foods, he's
      offered to do a tasting of our fresh live food treats!

      Unlike most energy bars out there, ours are FRESH, have not been dehydrated, and still
      contain structured water for enzymes to thrive!

      at: Whole Foods Markets, Bellevue
      888 116th Ave NE (116th and 8th Ave)
      Bellevue, WA 98004

      2. Recipes: Protein Smoothie and Rosemary Mushroom Nori Rolls with SmartMonkey Foods
      Sunflower Spread

      Many of you've asked me how I fuel my workouts, so I'd like to share my Protein Smoothie
      recipe with you! We had a world famous cardiac surgeon in our Bellevue class last week,
      who confirmed that Chlorophyll is the highest protein source on the planet, ounce for
      ounce. Plus, the structure of Chlorophyll is identical to hemoglobin, with iron at the center
      of hemoglobin, and magnesium at the center of the Chlorophyll molecule, making this
      very easy for the body to use!!

      Protein Smoothie – 1 serving
      2 Tablespoons Living Harvest Hemp Protein
      1 teaspoon Maca Magic
      2 Tablespoons blue green algae (spirulina or chlorella) or wheatgrass
      1-2 cups filtered water or coconut water

      Throw everything in a blender for a few seconds and drink!
      I enjoy this in the morning, before hitting the gym, and many times after a hard workout.

      Rosemary Mushroom Nori Rolls with SmartMonkey Foods Sunflower Spread – 4 rolls
      4 raw nori sheets
      1/2 of a portabella mushroom, sliced
      4 shitake mushrooms, sliced
      2 Tablespoons extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
      1 Tablespoon nama shoyu (contains wheat gluten)
      1/2 Tablespoon rosemary, chopped
      1 cup Mico Greens (or sprouts of your choice)
      1 carrot

      Begin by marinating mushroom slices in oil, nama shoyu, and rosemary.
      Set aside.

      Lay out the 4 nori sheets, and place the following towards bottom of each sheet in this
      order:

      1/4 cup micro greens
      3 Tablespoons SmartMonkey Foods Sunflower Spread
      1/4 carrot, julianned
      1/4 of the marinated mushrooms, squeeze out excess liquid

      Roll from the bottom up, and enjoy!
      Nori is full of minerals from the ocean, and protein from chlorophyll!!
      Plus our Sunflower Spread is full of calcium and the full spectrum of amino acids!
      And mushrooms are great probiotics!
      Yummy!

      SmartMonkey Foods are always...
      GOOD FOR YOUR BODY AND THE PLANET!