Raw almonds source???

  • Christopher Ann
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2005
      Hello all, I am looking for a wholesale or cheaper bulk price on some raw
      almonds...any suggestions as to where to get quality product at a reasonable
      price? Anyone purchasing in quantity and willing to split? Or I could split
      with someone, depending on the size available. I have been buying at the
      local stores and co-ops, but would like to find a cheaper price.
      Celeste (The "other" Celeste, in Carlton0
    • Celeste Crimi
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 26, 2005
        Hello, One True Celeste!  :)  We can share names!

        The Boutenkos recommend SunOrganic Farm, and said the transitionals are just as good as the organic, it's just that they're grown closer to the (tiny, dirt, gets 2 cars a day) road than the organics.

        I used to buy their almonds by the $25 lb box, but I just haven't been eating as many almonds lately.

        But they  might be a good resource.  Their almonds are really good--also hard to peel after soaking, FYI.

        Celeste in Beaverton