the future of food-the movie

  • chai_mama@juno.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2005

      does anyone know when this will be shown in portland?

      thanks!

      Leslie

    • Walker Traylor
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2005
        Just noticed the info, as posted in the rawportland.org website:

        Speaker at Future of Food Portland Premiere - 2005/09/29 14:14
        Hi Folks

        I thought a lot of you would probably be interested in this event:
        THE FUTURE OF FOOD opens Oct.7 in Portland at Cinema 21. It's a really important film that illuminates the disturbing truth behind the unlabeled, patented, genetically engineered foods quietly filling supermarket shelves. Opening Night (after 7:00 show) Guest speaker Rick North (Project Director, Oregon’s Physicians for Social Responsibility Campaign For Safe Food) will answer questions relating to The Future of Food, and discuss the issues of genetically modified organisms as they relate to Oregon.

        I hope you'll come out to hear Rick North.
        If any of you are super eager to participate, check out grassroots campaign & posters to download: http://www.TheFutureOfFood.com/grassroots/

        Have any of you heard about this film?

        Walker

        On Sep 26, 2005, at 6:57 PM, chai_mama@... wrote:

        does anyone know when this will be shown in portland?

        thanks!

        Leslie

        Raw dog food Vegetarian food Raw food
        Vegetarian shoes Raw food diet for dog Raw food diet

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Marcus
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2005
          I've been looking for a source of whole Rye or soft Wheat grain for
          brewing rejuvelac. Anyone know a local source of these organic grains?
          I've looked at the co-ops in the SE & NE as well as Daily Grind and New
          Seasons. Don't tell me Wild Oats is the only source because I hate
          giving that place my $$$!
        • Celeste Crimi
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30, 2005
            Dear Marcus (love that name--name of my brother),

            The very few times I've made rejuvelac, I've used just the whole wheat grain
            that was available in the bulk section of New Seasons. Seems like I'd seen
            it at the other 'health' stores as well.

            It definitely sprouted and then made rejuvelac, even though it wasn't
            necessarily 'soft' wheat grain that I know of.

            Warm wishes,
            Celeste in Beaverton

            > I've been looking for a source of whole Rye or soft Wheat grain for
            > brewing rejuvelac. Anyone know a local source of these organic grains?
            > I've looked at the co-ops in the SE & NE as well as Daily Grind and New
            > Seasons. Don't tell me Wild Oats is the only source because I hate
            > giving that place my $$$!
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Walker Traylor
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 30, 2005
              People's Coop has wheat for sure, and I think I remember seeing a few
              others. I'm interested in planting a variety of grasses for daily
              juicing, so please clue me in if you find a better or more diverse
              source.

              Walker