Re: [RawPortland] Sprouted Brown Rice recipes?

  • Celeste Crimi
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2005
      I very rarely get hungry for it, but any brown rice from the bulk section of a store that carries organic food, will sprout.  It likes warmth to sprout.  If it's been chilly outside, I've set the bowl (covered with a thick cloth or towel to block out light but allow air transfer) on top of the heating vents on the floor.  I'd soak for about 2 days, rinsing once or twice daily, and then sprout for a day or so until little sprouts form.  Long process!  :)

      Anyway, there's a recipe for rice pudding in Rhio's Hooked on Raw, which may be available at the library.  It's basically pureed, sprouted rice and seasonings, and it's pretty good.

      Celeste