Potluck, Interview w/Gabrielle

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
      > --- In RawPortland, Alison wrote:
      > When/where is the next raw potluck?
      >
      > Also, does anyone order food in bulk,

      Hi Alison,

      I'm hosting the next potluck. Mark your calendar for next Wednesday,
      August 10, in SE Portland. I'll post more details later.

      Yes, we often split orders of bulk foods. Just post your request to
      this list.

      I just found an interview with our local celebrity, Gabrielle!

      http://www.northatlanticbooks.com/index.php?screen=news05july

      A Rawsome Diet

      Author Spotlight

      This month's author spotlight is on Gabrielle Chavez, author of the
      new book The Raw Food Gourmet: Going Raw for Total Well-Being.

      Gabrielle began her professional healing journey in the 1970's
      through a study of the connections between nutrition and health. A
      degree in biology and religion at Yale University provided the
      foundation for a career in practical healing arts and spirituality.

      She is an accomplished herbalist, gardener, flower essence
      practitioner, Reiki master, and founding pastor of Christ the Healer
      United Church of Christ, an interfaith spiritual community in
      Portland, Oregon.

      In 2001, after embracing a raw and living foods diet for its
      spiritual value and the increased vitality it provides, she trained
      as a raw food chef, hosted a weekly gourmet raw potluck, and founded
      Share the Love Catering to feed a growing network of persons
      searching for food that nourishes the soul as well as the body..."

      To read the full interview go to
      http://www.northatlanticbooks.com/index.php?screen=news05july

      Mike