Update on 2005 Raw Foods Festival

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2005
      Hi folks,

      We're hosting a meet-up tomorrow evening
      for a raw gourmet dinner at Calendula Cafe.
      Please e-mail or call me to RSVP!

      Below are details on the status of the festival.

      We'll discuss this email at the meet-up and
      at next weeks potluck. If you can't make it but
      would like to be involved, e-mail me and I'll
      keep you updated!

      Mike

      Announcing the 2005 International "Virtual" Raw Foods Festival

      Nurture Yourself.
      Nurture the Planet
      Save Fuel.
      Save Money.
      Honor the Earth!

      Honor the Earth this year by Staying Home
      (rather than traveling) & having a 2005
      International "Virtual" Raw Foods Festival
      in your own home or community instead!

      Purchase tapes &/or audios from previous years'

      Festivals and spend the weekend sharing them
      with others you know! The International Raw &
      Living Foods Association has talks & food demos
      from all the great speakers/teachers & chefs
      from 2000 to 2004 to help make your Virtual
      Festival something you will long remember!

      Because of mounting tensions worldwide over gas
      prices (car, plane, etc.) & other dwindling &
      exploited natural resources, the International
      Raw Foods Association has chosen to not host a
      large single event that people have to use up
      valuable resources (their own & the planet's)
      to get to this year & instead we are choosing to
      Honor the Earth with a different kind of Festival.

      So in place of our usual Intl' Festival, we are
      asking the Raw Foods Movement to come together on
      our traditional Intl' Raw Foods Festival weekend
      (the third weekend in August.August 20 & 21) in a
      different way this year.

      What does this mean?

      How can You help make this happen?

      SIMPLE: By YOU, yourself, hosting a small raw foods
      gathering of family, friends & others you might want
      to open your home to. Purchase one or more Virtual
      Raw Foods Festival Packets of past years' CDRoms &/or
      DVDs & share them with others.

      Gather together to share food & swap raw food
      experiences. We will post your events on our
      webpage & indicate whether they are open to
      interested others to drop by at or are by
      invitation only.

      We will also publicize the Virtual Festivals
      happening worldwide as you send us contact
      information for your local newspapers, radio &
      cable TV stations. Pictures of the various virtual
      events will then be put up on the Intl' Assoc.
      website after that weekend so that we can all see
      each others' event!

      LET'S COME TOGETHER ON THE ABOVE DATES AS A
      COHESIVE RAW FOODS MOVEMENT & SHOW THE WORLD
      THAT WE CARE ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING TO IT!

      LET'S USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SHINE SOME WORLDWIDE
      SPOTLIGHTS ON NOT ONLY RAW FOODS BUT THE PRINCIPLES
      THE RAW FOODS MOVEMENT STANDS FOR!

      IN THE SIXTIES, LOVE-INS WERE ALL THE RAGE.

      LET'S MAKE "RAW FOOD EAT-IN'S" THE NEXT LOVE-IN!

      The Virtual Festival Packet consists of YOUR choice
      of any ONE of the following specials:

      a. a packet of your choice of any 8 DVDs

      b. or a packet of your choice of any 12 CDRoms

      c. or a packet of your choice of a combination
      of any 5 DVDs & 5 CDRoms.

      d. above packets include free shipping within
      the continental USA also!

      Also included in each 2005 Virtual Festival packet
      are the following extra values. all for the "admission"
      price of $135. (This is a $200+ value!)

      A. One year membership in the Intl' Assoc: a
      $20 value! This gets you a 10% discount on all Assoc. purchases,
      advance notice on Assoc. events & more, as well as allowing you a
      discounted rate on future Festivals & events & all other benefits of
      membership.

      D. One year subscription to the monthly email Raw Foods newsletter
      to keep you current on worldwide happenings in the Raw Foods
      Movement. A $24 value!

      E. Surprise gift to the first 100 people to register: a retail value
      of $10+ & one free entry into our drawing for a complete set of 2004
      audio tapes in CDRom format! (raffle tickets for additional entries
      are $5 each or 5 for $20) Value of the set of audios? Priceless!!

      And along with all those added bonuses...

      The 2005 Intl' Festival Auction will be held this year as a Virtual
      Event on the Intl' Assoc.'s Internet website so that everyone can
      participate & bid on what excites them!

      Likewise, the Annual Golden Branch Awards Ceremony will happen as a
      virtual event on the web so everyone gets to attend too!

      To "Register" to Attend

      Your very own 2005 Virtual Intl' Raw Foods Festival this year Just
      purchase a Virtual Festival Packet of your choice by

      Calling: 503-293-0916
      or
      Emailing:

      rawfestival@...
      or

      Going to our website:
      http://www.rawfestival.com

      or Mailing your order to:

      Intl' Raw Foods Assoc.
      8760 SW Borders, Ptld OR 97223

      PS. Your participation in this year's 2005 Intl'
      Virtual Raw Foods Festival will also help support
      future Intl' Festivals of infinite types & Raw
      Food issues worldwide.

      We Thank YOU for your participation & for caring
      about the environment & the Raw Foods Movement!

      Check out the Next Email for a List of Available CDRoms &
      DVDS for your 2005 Virtual Festival!

      © 2005 International Raw Foods Association