Interesting Water Facts

  • Janna Blake-Allan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2005
      EVERYONE! This is from a web newsletter that I receive on a regular basis
      (Chet Day). I don't agree with a lot of the stuff he sends me...but, this
      is great! Janna

      Interesting Water Facts

      * 75% of Americans, and most of the world population, are chronically
      dehydrated.

      * In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often
      mistaken for hunger.

      * Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism...as much as 3%.

      * One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of
      dieters

      * Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

      * Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could
      significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

      * A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble
      with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a
      printed page.

      * Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of breast cancer by
      79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

      * For more good reading about water, check out:

      http://chetday.com/waterarticles.htm