Raw in Eugene?

  • Annette
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2005
      Hi !

      I had an email from someone who is going to be traveling to Eugene
      (from somewhere else in the US) this summer and is interested in
      knowing of some raw food connections.

      At the Raw Food Festival two years ago (when we were south of Portland
      at the huge camp), there was a food booth from what I thought was
      called The Conquering Lion from Eugene. I remember going to visit
      their restaurant later in the summer. Do you know if they're still
      around? (I wasn't able to find them in the Yellow Pages.)

      Any other Eugene suggestions you can offer that I can pass on?

      Thanks!
      Annette
    • Jeff Rogers
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
        >Any other Eugene suggestions you can offer that I can pass on?

        Annette,

        I don't whether the Conquering Lion is still operating, but they
        certainly made great food at the festival!

        The Oregon Country Fair (outside Eugene) actually has some food
        booths serving some raw items. There is a booth that serves only raw
        fruit pies with date/nut crusts. There is also a booth that serves
        some organic greens with a raw dressing. That booth also has some
        smoothies. They have a couple of stationary bikes in front. One of
        them can be used to blend the smoothies!

        July 8, 9, and 10
        http://www.oregoncountryfair.org

        Jeff