Raw Fitness week in Seattle; New herbs & Supplement bill

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2005
      Hi folks,

      Here are a few news items of interest to
      our community. The third annoucement below
      is a little scary. It seems that we'll need
      a doctors prescription for raw herbs and supplements!

      Mike

      http://www.foodnsport.com/mambo/index.php?
      option=content&task=view&id=109&Itemid=36

      Raw Health & Fitness Week with Dr. Doug Graham and Prof. Rozi

      Sept. 2-9, 2005 and/or Sept. 11-18, 2005

      Health and Fitness Week outside of Seattle, WA is
      just such an event, reminiscent of summer camp,
      but for adults, and with several huge advantages.

      A maximum of 24 "campers", are served by almost as
      many staff personnel. Educational presentations,
      organized by Prof. Rozi Gruben, acclaimed as one
      of the world's top ranking health and fitness
      experts, are offered after each meal and are geared
      to help you improve your own health and lifestyle.

      The food is Dr. Doug Graham's own "Simply Delicious"
      raw cuisine, the same foods he uses when coaching
      world-class athletes. ect...

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      http://www.foodnsport.com/
      Seeing the World Through New Eyes by Dr. Doug Graham

      Rozi and I are thrilled to announce that at 1:15 p.m. on Wednesday,
      April 6th, 2005, Faychesca Celeste Graham was born into the world.
      Faye Celeste has a full head of hair and at 5 pounds 10 ounces is
      completely deserving of her names, which mean "fairy" and "heavenly"
      respectively.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      http://www.rawfood.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000062

      RAW FOOD BULLETIN #209 (April 14, 2005)

      ACT NOW TO KEEP NUTRITIONAL HERBS & SUPPLEMENTS LEGAL!

      Your right to choose your vitamin, mineral and other supplements may
      end in June, 2005. After that, U.S. supplements will be defined and
      controlled by the World Trade Organization (WTO) and the World Health
      Organization (WHO). The CODEX ALIMENTARIUS (Food Code) is setting the
      supplement standards for all countries in the WTO. They will be
      enforced by the WTO and will override U.S. laws.

      Under the Code, any supplement with potency higher than RDA (minimal
      strength) is a "drug" requiring a prescription and must be produced
      by drug companies. Over 5000 safe items now in health stores will be
      banned, terminating health stores as we now know them. New
      supplements will be banned unless given very expensive CODEX testing
      and approval. CODEX now applies to Norway and Germany, where zinc
      tablets rose from $4 to $52 per bottle. Echinacea rose from $14 to
      $153 (both examples are now allowed by prescription only). No
      essential amino acids, Essential Fatty Acids, or other essential
      supplements such as DMAE, DHEA, CoQ10, MSM, beta-carotene, etc., are
      allowed!

      Here's what you can do to stop the momentum of CODEX:

      (1) Spread the word as much as possible.
      (2) Inform yourselves via these websites:
      http://www.healthfreedomusa.org
      http://www.ahha.org
      http://www.iahf.com
      http://www.alliance-natural-health.org
      (3) Oppose bills S.722 and H.R.3377. These support the CODEX
      restrictions with U.S. laws, changing the DSHEA law.
      (4) Support H. R.1146, which would restore the sovereignty of the
      U.S. Constitution over CODEX, etc.
      (5) Contact multi-level health marketing groups that can get their
      members to inform the government.

      "If this thing passes, it's time to get out the pitchforks and
      torches."
      -- Stephen Arlin, co-founder of Rawfood.com